Profile for D. Bowman > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 69

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

D. Bowman "Tech Dork" RSS Feed (LA, CA)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7
Skylanders Spyro's Adventure Starter Pack - Playstation 3
Skylanders Spyro's Adventure Starter Pack - Playstation 3
Offered by CLICKFORGAMESUkltd
Price: $32.20
89 used & new from $13.80

4.0 out of 5 stars Your Kids Will Love This Game, November 10, 2011
Length:: 3:13 Mins

My two kids (8 and 6) are in love with this game. It is a great two-player game.
The technology is great.
If you loved the Lego-type games but want something a "little more",
this might be it.

Fun co-op as well.
Comment Comments (8) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Oct 2, 2012 11:26 PM PDT

Skylanders Spyro's Adventure Starter Pack - Nintendo Wii
Skylanders Spyro's Adventure Starter Pack - Nintendo Wii
Offered by NYC Electronics
Price: $37.37
65 used & new from $22.22

4.0 out of 5 stars Great fun for the kids, November 10, 2011
Length:: 3:13 Mins

Please note, I showed the Xbox USB connector.
The Wii is wireless.
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Nov 29, 2011 12:37 PM PST

Skylanders Spyro's Adventure Starter Pack - Xbox 360
Skylanders Spyro's Adventure Starter Pack - Xbox 360
Offered by capcityoutlet
Price: $33.48
75 used & new from $10.00

4.0 out of 5 stars Great game for the Kids, November 10, 2011
Length:: 3:13 Mins

I hope this video helps.
I didn't give it five stars because it isn't the greatest game ever. But it is a lot of fun. You will enjoy playing it with your kids and collecting the other characters. If you liked the Lego games, you will enjoy this.
Comment Comments (10) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Dec 12, 2012 10:06 AM PST

Nintendo 3DS - Cosmo Black
Nintendo 3DS - Cosmo Black
81 used & new from $109.74

4.0 out of 5 stars Love it, but not perfect - I have 2nd thoughts, April 4, 2011
= Fun:4.0 out of 5 stars
Length:: 4:37 Mins

I was very excited when I pre-bought the 3DS several months before it came out. I read the so-so reviews, but thought they were just being overly critical.
Well, as much as I liked the 3DS, there just isn't enough there to justify the price especially if you already own a DS or DSi.
Comment Comments (4) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Aug 16, 2011 5:19 AM PDT

BOOST Case - Protective Case & Extended Battery for iPhone 4 4S (Fits All Models iPhone 4S /4)

5.0 out of 5 stars Video Review - No more battery anxiety and looks great, April 3, 2011
Length:: 4:24 Mins

I love this case. It was exactly what I was looking for. I do a lot of travel and I always kill the battery every day.
This fixes all of that.
Comment Comments (18) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jan 28, 2013 8:42 AM PST

NBA Jam - Xbox 360
NBA Jam - Xbox 360
Offered by Maximin
Price: $49.99
46 used & new from $10.69

4.0 out of 5 stars It is what it is - FUN (see update), November 19, 2010
= Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars
This review is from: NBA Jam - Xbox 360 (Video Game)
So, if you are like me and my friends and spent lots of quarters on the original arcade game, this will take you back.
We played the heck out of the older versions on the Sega Genesis, N64, Sega Dreamcast and the odd Xbox 3-on-3 version.
Since Jam went away we switched to EA's NBA Street.
Street was fun, but it was almost became as complicated as a fighting game with all of the combos you needed to do.

This Xbox 360 version is a total remake of the original arcade game. Big Head mode and all.
This isn't a deep game, but there is more to it than just "Play Now", but it isn't NBA 2K11.

So the question is, is Jam worth the full retail price? I would say no unless you are dying for a multiplayer game that doesn't involve a gun or you
are an old school fan like me.

This is one of the few multiplayer games I can play with my son and his friends. Most games, like the Lego series are only two player games.

I rated it four stars because it is a great re-make of a great game.
It plays just like the old arcade machine.
I love the gameplay. I love the graphics and the play by play is fun.

There are some quirks.
The on-line gameplay is broken for now. That is inexcusable. You can't play anyone, I assuming this will be fixed ASAP. (right EA?)
The rosters are not the latest. Miami has Lebron and the Knick have Amare' but Ariza is still on the Rockets.

There is a championship mode which is fun for single player action and they have some unique challenges they call "Re-Mix", but the heart of the game
is just playing with one to three other friends.

This is classic Midway video game. If you have played NBA Jam or NFL Blitz you know the rules, who ever is in last place, they will have the advantage (ala Mario Kart).
This is done so every game is close, it is a fun challenge to try to put someone down by 20.
The computer cheats big time, but there are some tricks you can do to keep the CPU at bay.

The game has some fun rewards that you will earn when playing, for example if your player scores all the points you get a ball hog award.

I have tried most the teams.
I found the surprise player is Arenas on Washington.

So basically, if you are looking for a more arcade like basketball game that is not a sim like NBA 2K11, this might be for you.
If you want something to compete with your friends that will have you all screaming, yelling and insulting each other, this is it.
But if you want a deep single player type game, I would pass on this.
Try NBA Street. It has more to it.

Update: OK, the single player is more fun than I thought.
I am addicted to unlocking every player....
The campaign mode tasks you with beating every team, there are boss battles after
every few matches. This is one way you unlock the legends from the fist NBA Jam (Arcade Version).
For example you have to challenge Spud Webb and Dominique Wilkens or go to Golden State and take on Chris Mullins andTim Hardaway.
If you beat them, you can play them in the multi-player.
Also, it you pull off certain tasks like 10 blocks in a game and such you will unlock more legends.
These Legends are added to the rosters of the respective teams they played for.
So Worthy is now available with Kobe, Lamar and Pau.
i haven't gotten to the main boss battle which looks to be Magic and Bird on the same team.
The hardest team to beat on Hard Mode has been Orlando. Dwight blocks everything and he and Vince Carter dunk really hard.
It is hard to block them.
I have been using Arenas and Minute Bol as my tandem.
Comment Comments (3) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Dec 1, 2010 9:44 AM PST

Apple MacBook Pro MC371LL/A 15.4-Inch Laptop (OLD VERSION)
Apple MacBook Pro MC371LL/A 15.4-Inch Laptop (OLD VERSION)
43 used & new from $625.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Video Review: MacBook Pro i5/i7 - Hopefully this video will help, October 10, 2010
Length:: 5:08 Mins

I hope this video helps you make up your mind.
You will not regret buying this machine.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Apr 26, 2012 4:05 PM PDT

Apple MC372LL/A MacBook Pro  15-inch Laptop (OLD VERSION)
Apple MC372LL/A MacBook Pro 15-inch Laptop (OLD VERSION)
26 used & new from $629.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Video Review: MacBook Pro i5/i7 - Should be all you need, October 10, 2010
Length:: 5:08 Mins

Hopefully this video will help communicate how great this machine is.
It isn't without it's issues, but great no less.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jan 7, 2011 1:10 PM PST

Apple MacBook Pro MC373LL/A 15-inch Laptop (OLD VERSION)
Apple MacBook Pro MC373LL/A 15-inch Laptop (OLD VERSION)
56 used & new from $619.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Video Review: MacBook Pro i7 - Great Machine!, October 10, 2010

I love this computer.
I have a couple of issues with it, but nothing big.
I hope the video helps.
Comment Comments (3) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jan 3, 2011 12:44 PM PST

Apple TV MC572LL/A (2nd Generation) (Old Version)
Apple TV MC572LL/A (2nd Generation) (Old Version)
Offered by LWOutlet
Price: $309.99
81 used & new from $165.00

2,119 of 2,215 people found the following review helpful
5.0 out of 5 stars Video Review: Apple TV, so much for so little, October 10, 2010
Length:: 4:33 Mins

This is an amazing compliment to your home theater.
So many features, yet so simple to use.
My 7 year old son has it all figured out.

I hope you enjoy the video.
Let me know what you think.
Comment Comments (118) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Mar 7, 2012 12:37 PM PST

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7