Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Health, Household and Grocery Back to School Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer showtimemulti showtimemulti showtimemulti  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Water Sports STEM
Profile for Kris > Reviews

Browse

Kris' Profile

Customer Reviews: 2

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Kris RSS Feed

VIZIO E601i-A3 60-inch 1080p Razor LED Smart HDTV (2013 Model)
VIZIO E601i-A3 60-inch 1080p Razor LED Smart HDTV (2013 Model)

1,603 of 1,698 people found the following review helpful
5.0 out of 5 stars Best 60 inch LED for the price, October 14, 2012
I had been patiently waiting for this TV to become available via Amazon, mainly because of the unbelievably low price and good review given on CNET, but got tired of waiting and ended up purchasing this TV on 10/13 from Costco. They had just gotten a shipment in that day and once I saw it in the store, I knew I needed to get it. CNET had mentioned that the off angle viewing was not as good on this set when compared to LEDs from other manufacturers, but I haven't had any problems viewing this TV even from extreme angles. The TV was not quite as bright as the LG next to it at the store, but I believe this was mainly due to the matte finish of the screen. The LG had a glossy screen which made the picture very bright, but it also reflected literally everything behind it. My TV is now set up in a very sunny living room and the glare is minimal. Much better than the 37 inch Sharp LCD it replaced. For those looking for a basement TV, a glossy TV or a plasma might be the way to go, but for me, the matte finish was the best option. The TV has an extremely thin bezel which I really appreciated because it allowed me to get a 60 inch screen size out of a TV that takes up the same space as many 55 inch units. Out of the box, the colors were pretty good, but I am still hoping to find detailed color settings posted by CNET or elsewhere. If anyone has a good link, please share :) The smart features work reasonably well. Amazon Prime and Netflix both ran just fine. My only complaint so far is with the Amazon Prime interface. It is very paired down when compared to the version offered over my PS3 and it took a long time to browse titles. If you know what movie you want though, you can simply use the search function. So far, I am completely satisfied with this set and for anyone debating between a $1000 LG or Samsung 55 inch and this 60 inch Vizio, I would highly suggest getting the Vizio. I was really surprised at how much larger the screen size was when compared to the 55s next to it at the store and the sharpness and clarity of the picture was comparable to the LGs and Samsungs costing several hundred more. Costco is currently selling this set for $979, so hopefully Amazon will price match once it gets in stock.

***Update***

I found detailed picture settings for this TV posted by katzmaier on CNET and thought would I pass it along for others to try. Shutting off the back light control and ambient light sensor features definitely brightened up the picture.

---Picture settings menu---

Adaptive Luma: Off
Film Mode: Auto
Backlight Control: Off
Ambient Light sensor: Off
Comment Comments (56) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jan 28, 2015 4:40 AM PST

Frog in the House
Frog in the House
by David Mather
Price: $15.81
14 used & new from $0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars Great childrens book!, October 21, 2011
This review is from: Frog in the House (Hardcover)
I purchased this book for my 2 ½ year old son because he is really into nature, bugs, lizards, etc, and I am always looking for books that are fun as well as educational. I was afraid that he might be a little young for this one, but decided to give it a shot. We read the book for the first time last night and I have to say, it was absolutely wonderful! The story, which is written from the tree frog's perspective (which I thought was ingenious), not only contains interesting tree frog facts about diet, habitat and hibernation, but also mixes in humor (frog making "robot chicken" noises) and contains touching family elements as well. The vivid artwork matches the story perfectly, and has plenty of detailed imagery that kept my little guy glued to the pages - which at his age is not an easy feat! I hope to get several years of use out of this book as there is enough here to keep even elementary school age children entertained. So, money well spent!! My thanks to author David Mather and illustrator Stephanie Mirocha for putting together such a wonderful book!