Profile for Nicros > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 3

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Nicros RSS Feed (San Diego, CA)

ArmorSuit MilitaryShield - The new iPad Skin Protector Shield Full Body + Screen Protector with Lifetime Replacements
Offered by New Tech Accessories
Price: $19.95
3 used & new from $17.98

5.0 out of 5 stars Works great if you are patient!, June 10, 2012
I wanted to have something very thin on the back of my new ipad- just to prevent scratches when setting it down on hard surfaces, traveling, the usual stuff. I didn't want to put a whole case on the device.

This seemed like a good option (and even came with a front protector which I haven't used yet) for a reasonable price.

When I first put it on, I sprayed my fingers, the top of the cover and the adhesive side as described- this allows you to plop it on the device and then gently slide it into place... way better than those covers where if you mess up the first shot you are done. There is a small rubber squeegee included which allows you to really get the bubbles out and smooth everything... very easy.

But I was concerned about the corners- these would not stay down. I really thought I had just wasted $20 on this thing. But I was very pleased to see that after about 30-40 minutes, the corners were sticking better, and after an hour or so they were perfect- the cover also seems to shrink just a tad- enough to get everything to fit just right.

And after a couple hours (with me occasionally pressing and smoothing the corners) the cover is perfect- no gaps, no lifting corners, it adheres very well. And after a few days of normal use I think I can say it is perfect- no sign of anything lifting off or coming unstuck.

Amazon Kindle Touch Leather Cover, Black (does not fit Kindle Paperwhite)
Amazon Kindle Touch Leather Cover, Black (does not fit Kindle Paperwhite)
23 used & new from $0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars I like it!, November 28, 2011
So in reading the reviews before I got this cover I was quite worried... lots of people reported it feeling cheap, flimsy, overpriced etc. I was so concerned in fact I tried to cancel my order. I'm glad I wasn't able to.

It is perhaps not what people expect- the leather is not soft, but is rather pressed and almost polished. However, this cover does NOT feel cheap to me. It is stylish, super light, and fits the kindle without those annoying elastic loops or hooks on the corners. It fits within a rubberized groove on the cover, which not only gives it a very tight and secure fit, it also adds protection to the corners of the device and cover. It also feels quite secure in the hand.

So, to sum up: Light, secure, well made and unobtrusive. The $40 price tag could be debated, but I actually don't find it to be overpriced. I'm quite happy with it!
Comment Comments (9) | Permalink | Most recent comment: May 11, 2012 8:11 AM PDT

Garmin Forerunner 405 Wireless GPS-Enabled Sport Watch with USB ANT Stick and Heart Rate Monitor (Black) (Discontinued by Manufacturer)
Offered by MoziGadgets Inc
Price: $176.99
37 used & new from $69.99

5.0 out of 5 stars It depends on how you use it!, November 5, 2009
I have read the reviews here, and was really unsure about this garmin. But then I had an opportunity to pick one up barely used with HRM (on craigslist) for $200, I couldn't pass it up. As a disclaimer, I wouldn't spend $350 on a GPS, no matter how awesome it was- just too much. But thats me.

That being said, if you are looking for a GPS device that is comfortable (WAY more so than my old 205), elegant, has more features and works just as well this is a great device. But I should qualify this a bit, as I feel there are some people who would like this, and some who wouldn't:

People who would like it:
1. People like me, who sweat but not buckets and buckets. After doing six or seven miles, I'm pretty sloppy, but mostly -under- the watch, I don't sweat ON the bezel. My fingers are not dripping so the GPS is quite responsive to taps... which leads me to the next point.
2. People who are not twiddling with their GPS their entire run. I only use a small subset of features on any GPS. I want to know my pace, my distance, my time (which are all on the same screen), and with the HRM I want to see my heart rate. Heart rate is just one tap away from the main screen. No scrolling required. I start my run, I push 'Start'. I tap to check my heart rate a couple times, my run is over I push 'Stop'. Thats it.
3. People who forget to upload their data. Like me. I was always forgetting to upload my data, because mostly its inconvenient. The ANT technology is very, very cool (more on this).

People who would not like it:
1. People who sweat A LOT...
and
2. People who twiddle with their GPS a lot during the run. If you sweat, even moderately like me, I think you will indeed have a problem if you need to do more than tap the bezel. If you need to scroll for example, meaning you have to slide your finger on the bezel- forget it. If that thing is wet and you try to scroll, it beeps and chirps and does things you don't want it to do.
3. People who are not tech savvy. I really have to stress this one. If you cant figure out technology stay away from this thing. There is a learning curve. As a technophile, I happen to love that. I like to spend time to figure out how it works; the optimal way to tap, swipe and operate the thing under different conditions. If you don't dig this kind of stuff, I imagine you will feel frustrated and probably unhappy with the device. It is a complicated little thing with a huge amount of features packed into a simple interface- this means you have to learn to use it right.

So on the ANT technology. This is just simply great. Much much better than I was expecting. I walk into my house after my run, and my data has been downloaded to my computer (UPSTAIRS! the distance over which it will transfer data is amazing) before I have time to take off the watch. So all the old 205/305 process, where you gotta remember to plug it in, find the base to clip into, go to the site, wait for the upload, etc, etc- this is all over. I run, take off my watch wherever I want and forget about it. Next time I'm online, I go to garmin connect and the data is there. Super cool.

One little note on battery life too- the guy I bought this from said the battery life sucked, and that he had heard something about doing something with the GPS for better battery life, but the battery sucked, etc. Yes, you do indeed need to do something with the GPS when you are not using it, you have to turn it OFF. The battery life is better (as far as I can tell) than the 205, even using it correctly (meaning I shut the 205 down after a run). Charging is simple anyways, use any wall socket.

So all in all, I am very happy with this device! I don't believe it is for everyone, but others it is just perfect.