Profile for L. Brandon > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 122

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

L. Brandon RSS Feed (Portland, OR United States)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-13
Teva Women's Mush Mandalyn Flip Flop
Teva Women's Mush Mandalyn Flip Flop
Price: $17.61 - $30.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Comfortable, casual, and affordable, August 14, 2014
After reading quite a few of the reviews here on Amazon, I thought I'd try them out for myself. Many of the reviews stated anywhere from 'don't order a size up', to 'order one size bigger', and 'flattens out after awhile of use'.
I am an 8 1/2 but prefer to buy 9s. It has been stated in foot articles I've read that your feet swell in the middle of the day. I find this to be true for myself.
The heel, at its heighest and without weight, is about 2 inches high. However, when bearing the weight of your entire upright person, it does not seem more than a mere inch and a half or less. This confirms that the material does flatten and I would not be surprised if over time it remained in a mildly flatter shape. The material used for the footbed reminds me of the thick foam used in yoga bricks or case interiors for valuable items. The straps are a smooth flat, nylon weave used for (flat) rope, shopping/purse bag handles, pet leashes, pet collars, netting, etc and with a patterned ribbon applique sewn onto the wider strap that fits across the top of your foot.
I also prefer a wider fit for flip flops as toes have fallen over the top or ankles have rolled from poor footing or pavement. I have experienced none of these.
For some these may need a break-in period. The space between my big and second toe was uncomfortable for the first couple of times I wore these. I would not suggest these for a long term event where you will be on your feet most of that time. I recently wore these for a convention and after walking around and then some among the convention grounds and navigating crowds of people, I thought perhaps I should have chosen a more suitable form of footwear. The other thing to note is flip flops are not part of my daily wear. The (flat) Jambu Women's Prizm Loafer (ordered some time ago) mostly is.
I am pleased with this purchase. I find them easy to put on, comfortable to wear for most (sunny, warm) outings, and pairs nicely with casual wear whether it be jeans or a nice skirt.

*These are especially complimentary to a lovely pedicure and polished toe nails* (or should be a good excuse to get one) ;)

PS Vita 2000 Trigger Grip - Black
PS Vita 2000 Trigger Grip - Black
Price: $13.35
13 used & new from $8.74

4.0 out of 5 stars The better fitting grip for the Vita 2000 slim, July 15, 2014
While there are by now other PS2000 grips out there for purchase, at the time I ordered this was the only one available.
It is well defined, flexible, black matte plastic. The R/L buttons on the grip are easy to reach with your index and middle fingers, and the molded front angled extensions are comfortable against the palm and thumb. Touching the back of the Vita for some game mechanics is relatively easy with some practice. You don't have to remove this grip to plug in the recharge cord, nor remove and replace a game chip. You can easily access the memory chip as well, and there is a cutout for the Vita camera lens.
I had no trouble applying this grip to my Vita. It snapped on with ease, and by merely pushing down on one of the front angled extensions it popped off a corner allowing for removal.
When sitting on a table, the Vita in the grip does not sit flat as the extensions tilt the unit slightly higher from the bottom than the top.
If I am in the battle throws of a game that is causing my palms to mildly perspire, the matte surface of the grip helps to prevent slippage. For those of you that have the metabolism where slippage during a critical game moment is of concern, simply wrapping rubber bands around each of the front extensions should be of help.
I am pleased with my purchase of this trigger grip.

Chromo Inc. Bundle of 20 Vibrant Colorful Premium Stylus Universal Capacitive Touch Screen Pen for iPad 1 2 3 4 iPad Mini iPod iPhone 5 4 4S 3g 3gs Samsung Galaxy S4 S3 S2 Tab 8.9 10.1, Blackberry Z10 Q10 Playbook Google Nuxus + NEW Color Coded Matching Tips!
Offered by Seller1ON1
Price: $19.99
2 used & new from $12.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Convenient to use on most touch capacitive screen surfaces; useful on Android and Apple tablets and smartphones., July 15, 2014
Reasonably priced for the amount of items that you receive. There are 10 full Size Stylus' that come with a clip for easy storage or stowaway, while the 10 Mini Stylus' are equipped with a convenient 3.5mm audio jack for quick and easy attachment.

Most of the minis and regular size stylus' match in colors with some shade variations. The mini stylus' have a convenient attachment that allows you plug it into the audio/headphone/earbud jack for convenience. Prevents loss. Plug it back in when finished with use, pull it back out when the need arrives.

Pros: Easy to order and obtain from Amazon (vendor). Arrives in short amount of time. Nice selection of minis and regular sized stylus' in various colors. Reasonably priced bundle for what you get. Most issues can go through Amazon customer service with little or no hassle. Mini stylus has attachment that plugs into device jack when not in use. Makes nice, inexpensive gift to new tablet/smartphone users when tied with ribbon and presented to recipient. Regular sized stylus has hole atop clip to thread own twine through to better attach to one's device(s) to prevent loss or misplacement.

Cons: Mini stylus' remind me of those 'golf' pencils without erasers you get at Ikea, or hardware store to write down purchases or notes. Can be hard to grasp or use for some individuals who do better with a regular sized pen or pencil. Plastic plug-in from mini stylus will eventually wear down from use and may allow stylus to fall out, resulting in potential loss. Threading holding plastic plug in can detach if not tightened. Easy to reattach if going from plug end, not over mini stylus.
Some reviews say a regular stylus or two do not work or amount of items does not match description, in this case I would contact the vendor and Amazon customer service to resolve.

Thoughts: All in all I feel my purchase was worth it. I got a nice set of stylus' for a reasonable price and as far as I'm concerned, any colors I don't like I can easily give away to friends, family, or people at work as a courtesy, gift, or a mere thank you. If I wind up losing one or two here or there it's not going to break my bank. As for one or two not working, they are easy to pull apart if you feel adventurous.The small, inner molded plastic that sits against the rubber tip needs to be pushed a little further out of the thin, metal tube with the rubber tip more closely fitting against the molded plastic. I used the eraser end of an unsharpened wooden pencil to do this, and it only took a mildly strong press of my thumb or against solid flat surface to reattach the top clip and bottom chrome ring.
Otherwise--you can use these while you wait for that other bundle of stylus' to arrive you ordered from that auction site.

Pet Naturals Smelly Cat (45)
Pet Naturals Smelly Cat (45)
Price: $8.12
26 used & new from $5.69

4.0 out of 5 stars Be aware of your what your cat eats on a daily basis when considering these---, July 10, 2014
A product that can offer relief from those that own cats with less than ideal....deposits. I have two which both clear a room after finishing their business. I did not 'smell' results until these treats had been well integrated into their diets; that is, it had been about a week to two weeks before I could tell there was a difference. The treats are made using chlorophyll, which naturopathically has been touted to reduce mouth odor when used as a mouthwash, reduce body odor and cleanse the internal bowel system when ingested. When using alternative or medical solutions, these things will work for some, but not for all.
I have an elderly cat (17+ yrs) that is in the early stages of kidney failure. After finding a nutritive supplement to help her, I went about trying to find something that would help with...the smell. Which, by the way, was pungent enough to wake me up. In this case, these treats have proven quite helpful in significantly reducing the smell and I am quite grateful.
I have another cat (5 yrs) that also can clear a room and the one next to it. In his case, this product has mildly reduced the offense but is not as effective as I would have hoped when compared to the elder example.
Both animals are on a grain free diet.
However, it should be noted that the younger animal is privy to table scraps and this can also be a factor as to why this product is not as effective for him regarding odor control.
Just as human diets can effect our overall well being, so can a diet effect an animal's as well. Please take this into consideration when using this product.

I highly recommend squeezing out any air and making sure the bag is resealed tightly. If the treats are too dry, the treat becomes hard to chew and my cats won't eat them.

You can do a web search for the explanation, uses, benefits and side effects of Chlorophyll.

Definition/description, from Wikipedia--

Chlorophyll (also chlorophyl) is a green pigment found in cyanobacteria and the chloroplasts of algae and plants. Its name is derived from the Greek words χλωρός, chloros ("green") and φύλλον, phyllon ("leaf"). Chlorophyll is an extremely important biomolecule, critical in photosynthesis, which allows plants to absorb energy from light. Chlorophyll absorbs light most strongly in the blue portion of the electromagnetic spectrum, followed by the red portion. Conversely, it is a poor absorber of green and near-green portions of the spectrum, hence the green color of chlorophyll-containing tissues. Chlorophyll was first isolated by Joseph Bienaimé Caventou and Pierre Joseph Pelletier in 1817.

naturalnews.com/032913_bad_breath_chlorophyll.html

"...chlorophyll has gained immense popularity in the world of alternative health cures. It is known as a potent detoxifier that purifies the body of toxins that can cause unpleasant breath or body odor. Many promote chlorophyll for its ability to speed wound healing, cleanse the colon, combat free radicals and improve circulation of oxygen throughout the body..."

healthline.com/natstandardcontent/chlorophyll

"... Reduction of odor from incontinence/bladder catheterization: Based on historical use, chlorophyll has been suggested to improve bodily odor in colostomy patients. Despite empirical use, clinical research did not support these findings..."

Medicine Mama's Apothecary Sweet Blessed Bee Magic Cream, 4 Ounce
Medicine Mama's Apothecary Sweet Blessed Bee Magic Cream, 4 Ounce
Price: $29.99
3 used & new from $29.96

5.0 out of 5 stars Multipurpose!, February 9, 2014
The product itself is has a creamy consistency when removed from the jar and quickly melts from the warmth of your hands. It is not like the cream sense of a commercial lotion, or something like Ponds Cold cream.

The ingredient list is as follows:
Organic extra virgin olive fruit oil, organic beeswax, organic honey, propolis extract, organic bee pollen and royal jelly.
Bonus: it's all natural ingredients, nothing artificial.
Less is more. I suggest using this product light-handedly and wait for product to absorb into skin. You can always add more if you feel your first application wasn't effective enough.

Scent: Definitely of bee origins, like a sweet honey. Very light, pleasant, and unobtrusive.

Texture: creamy and soft but on the mildly oily side as it contains organic olive and fruit oil. Use light-handedly.

Application: I've applied this to various, non-serious wounds, scars, as a moisturizer for face and body, and applied lightly to my hair. I wash my hands thoroughly before I put my hand(s) in the jar, use an unused popsicle stick, or one of those cosmetic jar spatulas. For piercings, I've used a cotton swab. Use a new clean swab, spatula, or popsicle stick when going in for a second helping. This prevents bacteria from invading your jar.

Effectiveness: Results vary. Personal experiences with continued use have been positive.

--On wounds--
(cat) scratches, scrapes/abrasions, (ear) piercings: wounds have healed relatively quickly and with little or no scarring. Piercings (lobe) site(s) have had less discomfort. Piercings seemed to heal faster with use.

--On scars--
new scars have vanished in relative short time (few months). Older scars have diminished and are less pronounced but am still working on them at this writing.

--As facial moisturizer--
I apply this lightly all over my face and neck and allow to absorb. I have also mixed this with another facial moisturizer when I want to give it a boost of peptides.

--As a body moisturizer--
Works nicely, especially after a shower or bath. Absorbs easily.
Terrific for re-hydrating those dry cuticles on fingers and toes, good prevention from dry, cracked heels when used daily.

--As a hair conditioner/pomade--
Results vary, but on coarse long locks--when lightly applied, does really well. Dry ends and mild frizz are almost a memory until the very end of the day. I work this in with my hands and use a boar hair brush to finish. I distribute a quarter (25 cents) amount through gently towel dried hair, and again when thoroughly dry. Hair is most vulnerable when wet and is better to comb, brush, or pick through when drier.

I gathered information on the comedogenic factor of quality olive oil. That is, is has a low rate of causing clogged pores/blackheads. On a scale of 0 to 5, Olive oil is a 2.

Please see site below for comedogenic rating of olive oil and other commonly used oils. Comedogenic implies if it tends to clog pores and encourage the formation of blackheads.
-beneficialbotanicals.com/facts-figures/comedogenic-rating.html

Incidentally, the ingredient list for Egyptian Magic are:
Olive Oil, Beeswax, Honey, Bee Pollen, Royal Jelly and Propolis extract.
As a personal note, I have also used Egyptian Magic.
The Sweet Blessed has a softer, creamier texture, smells much nicer and at this writing is less expensive when you buy either on Amazon by several dollars.
The EM had a harder texture and smelled more 'industrial' like petroleum type.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Mar 10, 2014 11:20 AM PDT

Wacom Bamboo Feel Stylus for Microsoft Surface Pro 1 and 2 and tablets with Feel technology
Price: $37.99
5 used & new from $37.99

4.0 out of 5 stars When choosing your 'color', read the description of compatible devices carefully. Almost perfect; needs an 'eraser', January 31, 2014
I had wanted a stylus to use with my Samsung Galaxy Note 2 10.1. I am using various art applications and wanted something that felt more like an actual pen with a little more weight to it instead of the molded tablet pen or the other available 'eraser' pen.
I was not disappointed with my purchase of the Bamboo Feel. It has a solid weight, feels like the fancy, stylish pen you'd buy as a set for business, and comes with a few replaceable pen nibs and a metal nib replacement tool. Because of its size, weight (and price) I'm not misplacing this as easily.
The metal pen clip is a nice feature and fastens securely to your tablet cover depending on where you put it. The textured body makes for good grip and control. The cap snaps onto the back of the pen. The addition of pen tips is nice.
As a side note do not try to use the replacement tips for the Samsung Galaxy pen(s) because not only are they way too short, they are (ahem) quite troublesome to remove. The metal tip replacement tools will not help you get that tip back out.
They're probably not compatible either.

The applications I primarily use this for are Sketchbook Pro for Android tablets, ArtFlow (paid), and Infinite Design (paid). I mostly use Sketchbook Pro and have been very pleased with my results. I feel there is a more solid connection to the pen and screen.

I picked up the basic white stylus because of the slightly cheaper price. More importantly, the Bamboo Feel and Bamboo Feel Carbon are compatible with same devices and a few different devices. Clicking on the White, Black, or Carbon selections here on Amazon brings up these short descriptions but also give a little information on what they're compatible with.

White:
Pressure sensitive, pen-like performance for your pen-enabled tablet
Wacom's patented EMR pen technology
Comes in white or black.

(From the Wacom site, this item is compatible with
Bamboo Pad
Samsung GALAXY Note® I
Samsung GALAXY Note® II
Samsung GALAXY Note® 3
Samsung GALAXY Note® 8.0
Samsung GALAXY Note® 10.1)

Black:
Comes in white or black
System Requirements: ASUS Eee Slate B121 ASUS VivoTab (excluding ASUS VivoTab RT, ASUS VivoTab Smart) Dell Latitude 10 tablet (excluding Dell Latitude 10 essentials) ErenEben T6 Fujitsu LIFEBOOK T732 / LIFEBOOK T902 Lenovo ThinkPad Tablet 2 Microsoft Surface Pro Panasonic Toughbook CF-C2 / Toughbook CF-H2 Field / Toughpad FZ-A1 Samsung ATIV smart PC Toshiba WT310 / REGZA Tablet AT703 / Excite Write AT10PE-A-105
Note: For tablets with Wacom Feel IT technology only. NOT compatible with iPad or other capacitive devices.

Carbon:
Pressure sensitive, pen-like performance for your pen-enabled tablet
Wacom's patented EMR pen technology
Premium carbon fiber case with aluminum accents

Here is a comprehensive list of what devices their stylus' are compatible with: wacom.com/en/us/overlays/feel-it-overlay

Please scroll down to the middle of the webpage to view the list and note which model Bamboo Feel is compatible to your particular device.

At the bottom of this review is a list of 'tested' devices this item is compatible with.

*****

From the Wacom website--wacom.com/en/us/everyday/bamboo-stylus-feel

Capture your natural handwriting.
-The Bamboo Stylus feel's active pen technology communicates with a special sensor now built into many leading mobile devices. This innovative combination creates a digital note-taking and sketching experience so accurate and precise that it really looks like your handwriting on paper.

Looks, acts and feels like a pen.
-Perfectly balanced design combined with fluid, responsive performance creates a natural and intuitive experience that no thin plastic stylus could ever provide.

Designed with style in mind.
-The smooth body and protective cap have a sleek matte finish that's designed to pair perfectly with your mobile device.

Interchangeable pen tips.
-Choose between a firmer tip or a soft rubberized one that makes writing on screen feel just like writing on paper.
*Exchangeable precision nib, see accessories for soft and firm replacement nibs

Specifications:

Weight (g)18
Size (mm)124
no cap 132
with cap Length 9.5 Diameter

Compatible with devices using Wacom feel IT technology

*Tested Devices:

-ASUS Eee Slate B121
-ASUS VivoTab(tm) (excluding ASUS VivoTab(tm) RT, ASUS VivoTab(tm) Smart)
-Bamboo(tm) Pad
-Dell Latitude(tm) 10 tablet (excluding Dell Latitude(tm) 10 essentials)
-ErenEben (E人E本) T6
-Toshiba WT310
-Toshiba REGZA Tablet AT703 / Toshiba Excite(tm) Write AT10PE-A-105

Description of IT Feel Technology (from the Wacom site):

1. Pen & Multi-Touch Screen

Pen-capable PCs and smartphones enabled with Wacom feel IT technologies come with pen and/or multi-touch components. This makes navigating on the desktop interface easier, and allows for writing, drawing, sketching and document annotation experiences that feel just like using paper and pen.

2. Sensor Board

Beneath the screen of a smartphone or PC is a Wacom-supplied Sensor Board that interacts with the pen at a very high frequency and processes data such as pen position and writing pressure accurately and instantaneously. Thanks to Electromagnetic Resonance or EMR®, the pen does not need a battery like most other manufacturer's products, allowing the pen to remain light, compact, and easy to handle.

3. Controller IC

Also beneath the screen is the Controller IC by Wacom, which processes data from the Sensor Board and transmits it to the system motherboard of the smartphone or PC. The Controller IC capable of handling pen and multi-touch can process both data at the same time and achieves seamless alternation between pen and multi-touch inputs.

Bob's Red Mill T6635 Large Flake Yeast, 8-Ounce Packages (Pack of 4)
Bob's Red Mill T6635 Large Flake Yeast, 8-Ounce Packages (Pack of 4)
Price: $36.17
4 used & new from $36.17

5.0 out of 5 stars Great value, convenient delivery--, January 17, 2014
I picked up the 4 pack here on Amazon because of the great price, especially as a subscription.
I am more specifically using this as a supplement in the dry, non-grain cat food that I use as I have multiple cats of varying ages. I had used nutritional yeast in the past for natural flea control with good results and began using it again when my household had a small, flea infestation over the summer of 2013. If nothing else, it provides nutrition that results in their healthy and soft coats.
I mix one bag into my 20lb. dry food container.

I have also experienced the use of yeast flakes as a cheese substitute when dining at the home of a friend that is lactose intolerant. I was very surprised at how well mixing yeast flakes with other ingredients mimicked the taste of cheese in the pasta she prepared. I found out the book she was using was "The Ultimate Uncheese Cookbook: Delicious Dairy-Free Cheeses and Classic "Uncheese" Dishes" and ordered a copy from Amazon for my own home to use when I entertained other friends that had special diet needs or requests.

The following is some information I found when researching brewer's yeast as a natural flea repellent and for nutritional use. The last entry is a little about Bob's Red Mill.

--From eHow.com--
Although its use in pets has been controversial, brewer's yeast is a popular nutritional supplement for both cats and dogs. Brewer's yeast for supplements is grown on molasses and sugar beets. Medicinal herb expert C.J. Puotinen says S. cervisia yeast, a strain of which is used to make beer, is found in pet supplement form. It's far more nutritious than the by-product breweries sell after using yeast to ferment their beers....
...Although some holistic vets, including Dr. Richard Pitcairn, recommend daily supplementation with brewer's yeast and garlic as a way to keep fleas from infesting your cat, a 1983 UC Davis study found that giving dogs 14g of brewer's yeast each day for 5 weeks neither repelled nor killed fleas...
....Many cats are allergic to brewer's yeast. If your cat starts scratching or showing other signs of an allergic reaction, stop giving her not only the brewer's yeast but all yeast-containing products...
....The Tree House Humane Society recommends a dose of 1 tsp. of brewer's yeast per day for your cat. If you're using a commercial tablet or liquid, follow the dosing instructions on the package.

--From Wikipedia "Nutritional Yeast"--
Nutritional yeast is a deactivated yeast, often a strain of Saccharomyces cerevisiae, which is sold commercially as a food product. It is sold in the form of flakes or as a yellow powder and can be found in the bulk aisle of most natural food stores. It is popular with vegans and vegetarians and may be used as an ingredient in recipes or as a condiment.
It is a source of protein and vitamins, especially the B-complex vitamins, and is a complete protein. It is also naturally low in fat and sodium and is free of sugar, dairy, and gluten. Sometimes nutritional yeast is fortified with vitamin B12.
Nutritional yeast has a strong flavor that is described as nutty, cheesy, or creamy, which makes it popular as an ingredient in cheese substitutes. It is often used by vegans in place of cheese. It can be used in many recipes in place of cheese, such as mashed and fried potatoes, as well as put into scrambled tofu as a substitute for scrambled eggs. Another popular use is as a topping for popcorn....
...Nutritional yeast is produced by culturing a yeast in a nutrient medium for several days. The primary ingredient in the growth medium is glucose, often from either sugarcane or beet molasses. When the yeast is ready, it is killed (deactivated) with heat and then harvested, washed, dried and packaged. The species of yeast used is often a strain of Saccharomyces cerevisiae.The strains are cultured and selected for desirable characteristics, and often exhibit a different phenotype from strains of S. cerevisiae used in baking and brewing.
Because nutritional yeast is often used by vegans, who need to supplement their diets with vitamin B12, there has been confusion about the source of the B12 in nutritional yeast. Yeast cannot produce B12, which is only naturally produced by bacteria. Some brands of nutritional yeast, though not all, are fortified with vitamin B12. When fortified, the vitamin B12 is produced separately (commonly cyanocobalamin) and then added to the yeast.
Although some species of bacteria that can produce B12 could potentially grow along with S. cerevisiae in the wild, commercially produced nutritional yeast is grown in controlled conditions that would normally not allow those bacteria to grow. Therefore, nutritional yeast should not be relied upon as a source of B12 unless it is fortified.
Nutritional values for nutritional yeast vary from one manufacturer to another. On average, two tablespoons provides 60 calories with 5 g of carbohydrates (of which 4 g is fiber). A serving also provides 9 g of protein and is a complete protein, providing all nine amino acids the human body cannot produce. It is also a source of selenium and potassium. While fortified and unfortified nutritional yeast both provide iron, the fortified yeast provides 20 percent of the recommended daily value, while unfortified yeast provides only 5 percent. Unfortified nutritional yeast provides from 35 to 100 percent of all of the B vitamins, except for B12. Fortified nutritional yeast adds 150 percent of vitamin B12 and 720 percent of riboflavin....

Some info Bob's Red Mill (also from Wikipedia)

Bob's Red Mill is a brand produced by Bob's Red Mill Natural Foods of Milwaukie, Oregon, United States. The company was established in 1978 by Bob Moore.
Bob's Red Mill Natural Foods is a producer of lines of natural, certified organic, and gluten-free milled grain products, billing itself as the "nation's leading miller of diverse whole-grain foods." Its products are distributed throughout the United States and Canada. It produces over 400 products, primarily whole grains that are ground with quartz millstones which come from several 120-year-old mills, as well as beans, seeds, nuts, dried fruits, spices, and herbs...
In June 2007, the company announced that it was moving its administrative headquarters, manufacturing and warehousing facility to a 325,000-square-foot (30,200 m2) building, from its original 130,000-square-foot (12,000 m2) facility, which it plans to sell and sub-lease. Its current manufacturing facility is 82,000 square feet (7,600 m2), and the new facility will triple its manufacturing capacity.
It has expanded its distribution into Japan and is beginning distribution in other nations....

Prolabs Feline Tapeworm Tabs , 3-23mg Tabs
Prolabs Feline Tapeworm Tabs , 3-23mg Tabs
Price: $10.99
15 used & new from $4.70

5.0 out of 5 stars Effective and worked quickly!, December 9, 2013
As a consumer, please read the description for this product carefully. You will receive 3 tablets, 23 mg each.
This is enough for 2-3 cats depending on the dosage used.
The instructions say 1/2 tablet for up to 4 lbs, one tablet for 5-11 lbs, and a tablet and a half for 11 lbs and up.

After reading the instructions, I administered a tablet and a half to my cat and overnight the medicine worked. The next day I did not see any 'tag-a-longs' (things that resembled bits of rice/sesame seeds) on my cat's backside or surfaces in question. I checked on her backside later that evening and it was still free of tapeworm related items. It's been several days as of this writing and she is still free and clear.
If you have single or multiple cats you will want to clean the litter box 2-3x a day while waiting for this product to arrive, then completely change out the litter and clean the box itself once the infected cat is cured. You want to minimize any chance of your other cats getting worms or the one you just cured re-infected.

My household had a flea infestation not too long ago. Not only did my vet tell me he'd been inundated with calls from desperate pet owners, but I had even heard on the news that this was a bad year for fleas.
We treated the carpet with food grade diatomaceous earth and vacuumed often, we dusted the cats with the food grade diatomaceous earth, put garlic in their wet food, and brewer's yeast in their dry food. We started putting Frontline on them every 3-4 weeks.
Despite these efforts another cat that had also gotten worms a month previous. I used a topical medication given to me by my veterinarian that costed $25. While it was easy to apply much like you would Advantage/Frontline flea control, it was expensive and took two full days before I saw results.
With multiple cats in the household and yet another cat getting the same symptoms, I thought I would try this after reading other reviews here on Amazon.
This medication is much more cost effective and made quick work of the infection. I would buy this product again for sure.

From:
pets.webmd.com/cats/tapeworms-cats

Tapeworms are the most common internal parasite in adult cats. They live in the small intestines, and vary in length from less than 1 inch (25 mm) to several feet (1 foot is .3 meters). The scolex (head) of the parasite fastens itself to the wall of the gut using hooks and suckers. The body is composed of segments that contain egg packets. To eliminate tapeworm infection, the head must be destroyed. Otherwise, the worm will regenerate.
The body segments containing the eggs are passed in the feces. These are called proglottids. Fresh moist segments are capable of moving. They are about .25 inches (6.3 mm) long. Occasionally, you might see them in the fur about your cat's anus or in her stool. When dry, they resemble grains of rice.
There are two common tapeworm species found in cats; both are transmitted by an intermediate host. Dipylidium caninum is acquired from fleas or lice that harbor immature tapeworms in their intestines. These insects acquire the parasite by eating tapeworm eggs. The cat must bite or swallow the insect to become infested. The tapeworm Taenia taeniaformis is acquired by eating rodents, uncooked meat, raw freshwater fish, or discarded animal parts.

Dibothriocephalus latus and Spirometra mansonoides are two uncommon tapeworms cats might acquire from eating uncooked freshwater fish or a water snake. Spirometra mansonoides is seen primarily in outdoor cats along the Gulf Coast region. Dibothriocephalus latus might be seen in the Gulf Coast region or around the Great Lakes. Echinococcus tapeworms are rarely found in cats.

Treatment: Praziquantal is one of the most effective medications for both common species of cat tapeworm. Other suitable treatments are fenbendazole and espiprantal. Use under veterinary guidance. Deworming must be combined with control of fleas and lice, in the case of Dipylidium caninum, and by preventing roaming and hunting in the case of other tapeworms.

Public health considerations: A child could acquire a tapeworm if they accidentally swallowed an infected flea. Except for this unusual circumstance, cat tapeworms do not present a hazard to human health.

********

Here is some information about Diatomaceous Earth for use in pest control:

Wikipedia:
Diatomaceous earth /ˌdaɪ.ətəˌmeɪʃəs ˈɜrθ/ also known as D.E., diatomite, or kieselgur/kieselguhr, is a naturally occurring, soft, siliceous sedimentary rock that is easily crumbled into a fine white to off-white powder. It has a particle size ranging from less than 3 micrometres to more than 1 millimeter, but typically 10 to 200 micrometres. Depending on the granularity, this powder can have an abrasive feel, similar to pumice powder, and is very light as a result of its high porosity. The typical chemical composition of oven-dried diatomaceous earth is 80 to 90% silica, with 2 to 4% alumina (attributed mostly to clay minerals) and 0.5 to 2% iron oxide.[1]
Diatomaceous earth consists of fossilized remains of diatoms, a type of hard-shelled algae. It is used as a filtration aid, mild abrasive in products including toothpaste, mechanical insecticide, absorbent for liquids, matting agent for coatings, reinforcing filler in plastics and rubber, anti-block in plastic films, porous support for chemical catalysts, cat litter, activator in blood clotting studies, a stabilizing component of dynamite, and a thermal insulator...

Pest control
Diatomite is used as an insecticide, due to its abrasive and physico-sorptive properties. The fine powder absorbs lipids from the waxy outer layer of insects' exoskeletons, causing them to dehydrate. Arthropods die as a result of the water pressure deficiency, based on Fick's law of diffusion. This also works against gastropods and is commonly employed in gardening to defeat slugs. However, since slugs inhabit humid environments, efficacy is very low. It is sometimes mixed with an attractant or other additives to increase its effectiveness. Medical-grade diatomite is sometimes used to de-worm both animals and humans, with questionable efficacy. It is commonly used in lieu of boric acid, and can be used to help control and possibly eliminate bed bug, house dust mite, cockroach, ant and flea infestations. This material has wide application for insect control in grain storage.
In order to be effective as an insecticide, diatomaceous earth must be uncalcinated (i.e., it must not be heat-treated prior to application)and have a mean particle size below about 12 µm (i.e., food-grade).
Although considered to be relatively low-risk, pesticides containing diatomaceous earth are not exempt from regulation in the United States under the Federal Insecticide, Fungicide, and Rodenticide Act and must be registered with the Environmental Protection Agency....

Other sites to consider for information regarding DE: richsoil.com/diatomaceous-earth.jsp

care2.com/greenliving/all-around-non-toxic-flea-control.html

I bought food grade DE here on Amazon and had good results.

Gabriella Eyelash Adhesive (Waterproof / Dark Color) (Pack of 2 tubes of 1g each)
Offered by 1001 Beauty Solutions
Price: $1.01
3 used & new from $1.01

4.0 out of 5 stars Convenient for purse or travel case, November 12, 2013
As pictures can be deceiving, this is no exception. The description is accurate that it is 1 gram each. The item you are viewing/will be ordering is about the width of a half dollar or likened to the rectangular size of a small piece of gum (like Trident or Chicle). As a product review this item performs as it should--it is indeed waterproof, black, dries quickly, and is a firm adhesive when used correctly.
Because of its size it is very convenient to carry in your purse or makeup kit when travelling. It is a molded plastic tube with a screw top wand. The screw top wand is a nice touch as it allows for more accurate application of glue to the false lash or touch up on the corners of your eyelids should the false lash come loose. When empty, you can put a drop of (Ardell, etc) black, waterproof glue to refill or merely reorder. The container can be re-purposed for a variety of cosmetic perishables (e.g. cuticle oil) after being cleaned with an alcohol saturated Qtip.
When travelling with this item, make sure the screw top is completely closed and placed in a purse/luggage pocket that will ensure it will not be crushed as it could leak. Or place in a small ziploc bag for safe keeping/peace of mind.
Do not expose to heat or sunlight, as this will affect performance of glue.
I received this product a few days after ordering and in a full-size, bubble manila envelope. All intact.

Galaxy Note Genuine Wacom Touch Pen 8pi Stylus (ET-S200EBEG) - Black
Galaxy Note Genuine Wacom Touch Pen 8pi Stylus (ET-S200EBEG) - Black
Offered by Seller1ON1
Price: $22.97
5 used & new from $12.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Convenience of a pen with an 'eraser'. Great for use with your draw/paint programs., November 4, 2013
My go to pen for the Galaxy Note 2 10.1 when I use any of the draw programs on my tablet. I wanted the convenience of an 'eraser' without having to hit 'back' every time. Very convenient for use with other apps/games. Comes with extra tips (white/clear and black with white tip) and tip removal tool.
When finished with using the pen I merely slide the pen clip in one of the cutouts on my table cover. You can also place this on the fold at the plug in recharge area before closing the cover.
I've misplaced this pen, but have never lost it when placing it within the cover.
Programs I'm using with this pen include Sketchbook Pro (android), Art Flow (paid, not free), and Infinite Design (paid).

I've had to reconfigure specs on my tablet so that I don't have to remove the included Note pen from its molded holder in addition to having it recognize the 'eraser'.

From Newegg.com

Specification
Compatible Phone Manufacturer
Samsung Galaxy Note, Galaxy Note II and Galaxy Note 10.1
Compatible Capacitive Screen

Capacitive stylus for tablets or touchscreen smartphones boasts a smudge-free, silicone tip for pinpoint accuracy and no fingerprints!

Easy Storage
Durable, plastic body storable and concealed inside of the Galaxy Note II handset

S Pen Functionality
Speed up your interaction with your device using shortcut gestures combined with the S Pen multifunction button. Automatically launches the S Pen screen when removed from the device and phone can be set up to alert users when they leave their S Pen behind.

Eraser Functionality
Performs similar to selecting the eraser tool and using the S Pen tip to erase. Provides a shortcut for switching between pen or paintbrush tools and the eraser tool for quick corrections!

Backwards Compatible
Compatible with any Note device including Galaxy Note, Galaxy Note II and Galaxy Note 10.1

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-13