Profile for S. Schulze > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 4

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

S. Schulze RSS Feed (San Francisco, CA)

SealLine Baja Shoulder 40 Dry Bag (Black)
SealLine Baja Shoulder 40 Dry Bag (Black)
Price: $31.95
9 used & new from $31.95

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, July 1, 2014
This review is from: SealLine Baja Dry Bags (Sports)
Great sturdy bag, even the raccoons could not get through :)

Kettler Trimmstation Swing Set
Kettler Trimmstation Swing Set
Price: $610.42
9 used & new from $598.48

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic play structure, July 8, 2013
My wife and I purchased this set mainly because of the monkey bars, the small footprint and the quality Kettler usually implies. After we put it together and cemented it into the ground
it was an immediate hit and it just looks great without feeling like an obstacle. It does move when the kids play on it, but very minimally and that is normal for metal rods.

Putting the structure together will take time and some focus. As someone suggested before, sort all screws and parts beforehand and figure out which ones are the ones
shown for each step in the construction process. Took us about 5 hours to put everything together (But we also took our time). Don't try to be hasty or you will regret it.

For the cementing, we dug holes about 17 inches deep and about 10 inches wide for the straight poles and 10x20 for the diagonal poles, so they have space to sink into the ground.
Each hole got about 60 pounds of quick binding concrete (obviously the 10x20 ones a little more). Cementing the structure took about 5 hours.

As said, it looks great now, the assembly and cementing was fun and the kids love it. 5 stars.

Panasonic VIERA TC-L47WT50 47-Inch 1080p 240Hz 3D Full HD IPS LED-LCD TV (2012 Model)
5 used & new from $929.95

5.0 out of 5 stars Great picture and beautiful design, May 24, 2012
Disclaimer: I did not update my TV in about 8 years and was having a small Samsung LCD display, so
I probably do not qualify for a state-of-the-art reviewer. But I was so amazed by the quality of this TV that
I actually write my first amazon review.

The colors are incredible and the picture quality overall is fantastic.
To me (in a lightly lit room) the black levels look great contrary to some opinions I read in some reviews;
Maybe cinephile might think differently, but to me they look great.

Picture is great, the HD movie quality is astonishing, the motion smoothing is
very good, only sometimes it seems to be almost too perfect and creates this
'home video' effect of being 'too real'.

I only tested 3D briefly so far, but it looks pretty impressive. But I am not really into 3D, just wanted a nice new TV.

If you want decent sound, as usual, you will need a good 5.1 or 7.1 speaker system and
the right receiver. However, I was quite happy with the sound I heard so far and I am
likely using the standard sound of the TV for most occasions.

I researched loosely for some weeks and looked closely at Samsung's UND8000 and UNES8000 series as well als the Sony HX series, but liked this TV in the end best.

pros:
- Great design
- Great picture
- Nice feature set
- Setup was easy and flawless

cons:

Like the other reviewers I was a little disappointed that the 3d glasses are not included.
This is mainly because it seems that other countries seem to have them included and
almost any review I read before about the WT-50 pointed out how nice it is to have
the glasses included.
Since you need a new type of glasses anyways for this TV it is even harder to understand,
it's not that many people would already have glasses they can use with the TV out of the
box.

Orange Tire Tread Design Premium Silicone Skin Case Cover Bundled with Screen Protector for Apple iPhone 3G (iPhone NOT Included)

2.0 out of 5 stars Colour great, a bit floppy, screen protector awful, July 20, 2009
Hmm, I am guessing I will own and use this cover I got today for about one week trial run, after which I give it a 75% likely-hood that I will be counting my pennnies to get another ipod 3g cover.

The orange colour is awesome, just what I wanted. But the cover is a bit floppy once the ipod is situated inside it. I can see this becoming very annoying as I put it in the pants pocket, take it out of the pants pocket...repeat.

The LCD screen protector that came with it is utter crap. There was seriously a little sticker thingie that was on top of the "protector" and once you had your "protector" in place, that sticker came off only with a fight and left a mark! Yuck!!!

Shop around for a better deal. This accessory might be green (recycled tires), but there's got to be more than that - some function to start with.