Your Garage Best Books of the Month Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Jessy Lanza Father's Day Gift Guide 2016 Fire TV Stick Get Ready for Summer and Save 15% Father's Day Gifts Amazon Cash Back Offer DrThorne DrThorne DrThorne  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis UniOrlando Outdoor Recreation
Profile for bookaddict01 > Reviews

Browse

bookaddict01's Profile

Customer Reviews: 81

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

bookaddict01 RSS Feed (Sacramento, CA)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9
Soap Dispenser Stainless Steel Brushed Metal or Lotion Dispenser - 9 Ounce - Refillable - Kitchen and Bathroom
Offered by BarMe
Price: $27.99
2 used & new from $10.99

3.0 out of 5 stars 3 stars due to expense and feeling plastic-ky, May 10, 2016
It's very pretty just like the photo. Doesn't have much heft though and feels very fragile because it's all plastic. I actually bought it for $21 while the comparables were going for $19 because I like that it doesn't have a giant brand name on it. It actually has a small font "BarMe" on the bottom where you can't see it. Pump works pretty good. I want to complain that it doesn't dispense enough soap but I realize if I actually used it for hand soap it would probably be the perfect amount. My mom has dish detergent in ours so unless I'm only washing two dishes I feel like I'm spreading it pretty thin. I would and did buy a second one when it was going for $18. (just haven't put anything in it yet, but plan on switching them out to handsoap & lotion)

Alliance: A Linesman Novel
Alliance: A Linesman Novel
by S. K. Dunstall
Edition: Mass Market Paperback
Price: $7.99
61 used & new from $1.16

4.0 out of 5 stars Feels like anyone with the right set of circumstances could do ..., May 10, 2016
This second book follows well after the first book. It's a little bit different because there's less action and a little more politics. You still see quite a bit of the princess but not so much of the general as some people have mention. That's because he was promoted and have to be planet-side now. Radko is still his shadow. She and her 12th line jokes, haha. I'm not a fan of the new captain. She feels kind of bland to me and so far haven't really served a purpose except for filling in the captaincy position. Feels like anyone with the right set of circumstances could do it and I dont see why she gets so much of the narrative. Have to see what Dunstall does with her in the next book unless there's going to be more new characters.

APC P3U3 Essential SurgeArrest, 3 Outlets, 3 USB Charging Ports, 120V
APC P3U3 Essential SurgeArrest, 3 Outlets, 3 USB Charging Ports, 120V
Offered by Blessing Items
Price: $12.69
122 used & new from $12.69

4.0 out of 5 stars ... this close to returning this as a piece of crap but I gave it another chance, May 10, 2016
I was this close to returning this as a piece of crap but I gave it another chance. Now it works fine. I initially tried charging my samsung galaxy 6 using the original USB cord and it charged like a snail. I swapped out the USB cord for a standard one and it charges much faster. I'm talking 1%/10min vs 1%/1min. I'm not sure if it's because the cord that came with my phone is for USB 3.0 I do like how it has that cradle area but I haven't really used it. It's a handy spot to put my kindle fire while charging so it hogs less room on the desk but I haven't used it while charging. Do note that the plugs are very tight as some reviewers have stated. I had to be very careful plugging in my laptop charger the first time because it felt like it would break something. It seems to go in smoother now that I've used it a few times.

EasyPAG Mesh Desktop Organizer 6 Compartment Office Desk Organizers Supply Caddy with Drawer , Orange
Offered by EasyPAG Direct
Price: $29.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Bought this for work. I was able to organize ..., May 10, 2016
Bought this for work. I was able to organize a bunch of stuff I had in my drawer and some that were sitting on a corner of my desk. You can put more than you think in there. I have my staple remover, paper clips, pens & highlighters, post-it pads, tape dispenser, scissors, random papers, large note pads all placed in it. Now my area is a lot more organize and I have more elbow room.

Carole Martin Hipster Panty Comfort Brief White Medium
Carole Martin Hipster Panty Comfort Brief White Medium
Offered by Carole Martin Comfort Wear
Price: $17.99
2 used & new from $7.99

1.0 out of 5 stars WEDGIE!, May 10, 2016
NOT HIPSTER! Very poor design resulting in wedgies. People weren't kidding about it riding high. The back has way too much fabric lengthwise and too little widthwise. The back sits higher than a regular hipster panty and even if you dont pull it up it'll still result in a wedgie because it's not wide enough. Instead of hugging your buttocks, it slides right into the crease. And unlike a thong, there's too much fabric bunching up = very uncomfortable. This will sit in the back of my panty drawer in case of emergency.

Ufaucet Commercial High Arc Heavy Spiral Spring Stainless Steel Brushed Nickel Single Handle Pre Rinse Pull Out Kitchen Faucet,Pull Down Kitchen Sink Faucet with Sprayer
Offered by UFaucet
Price: $179.99
2 used & new from $118.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Looks very nice installed. Works as expected, March 31, 2016
Looks very nice installed. Works as expected. Didn't need to get any additional parts for installation.
Only con is that the base will swivel a bit and I worry about overtightening. I have to be careful about swinging the faucet arm because it is a little stiffer and would rotate the whole faucet if not careful. The spray will rotate just fine. I have a similar faucet at the old house that rotates even more. Must be the trade off to just having one hole cut instead of three.
Pro: the seller Ufaucet was very responsive. I'm not sure what happened but my box was missing the stem and nut to attach it under the sink. I took a picture and explained what's missing. I got an email the next day. They offered to ship me the parts or a replacement faucet. I opted for the parts just in case. It took two weeks to ship from China but now it's installed and working.

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars Looks like the photo, March 29, 2016
Looks like the photo. Very pleased with the way it looks. Do note that the grain finish on the table surface is a bit rough. Might be a pain to keep clean depending on what you use it for. Mainly use it to rest my books or a mug of coffee.
Installation was pretty straightforward. I was a little too smart and thought one of the middle pictures had an error in it and had to backtrack two more steps in. Did the assembly myself with the supplied hex key. And yes, the table does turn and height is adjustable. Just do not overtighten the bolts that attached the table top to the rest of it. This will allow it to turn and adjust height.

American Standard 0614.000.020 Studio Undercounter Bathroom Sink, White
American Standard 0614.000.020 Studio Undercounter Bathroom Sink, White
Price: $149.50
30 used & new from $95.00

5.0 out of 5 stars They're pretty large so it's a good thing I didn't get ..., March 29, 2016
Very pleasing contemporary style. They're pretty large so it's a good thing I didn't get the larger version. But turns out my new counters are even larger so since the counter guys put it close to the middle, I have to stretch a bit.......I ordered 5 of them for 3 bathrooms and they all arrived intact, very secure in their boxes.
Function-wise they work pretty good. I haven't use them too much yet since they were just installed. I was getting really annoyed with my traditional bowl sink because it splashes. It splashes a lot if I turn on the faucet too strong or everytime I spit after brushing. Not very cool to have spit and toothpaste fly back at you. Since the front and back side of the walls are straight, the water doesn't angle back my way so much. Will see how they do long term.

Chums 5mm Universal Fit Rope Eyewear Retainer, Navy
Chums 5mm Universal Fit Rope Eyewear Retainer, Navy
Price: $11.10
2 used & new from $9.95

5.0 out of 5 stars Love these. Had to replace my old glasses holder ..., March 29, 2016
Love these. Had to replace my old glasses holder when the rubber finally gave up the ghost of holding on. The rubber ones work way better than the cloth ones. Anyway, have been using the new one for a little over two months. I can't shove my glasses in as far as the old one but it's doing a great job holding them in. I would say i have medium size ends on my glasses. The little tab to tighten the rope glides pretty easy but I do tend to get my hair caught in it. Not something I've noticed with the old rope but that's because I've taken to tightening them so my glasses wont fall off or slip off my nose. I use it multiple times a day while working because that's when I wear my work glasses. Hope this helps.

Misfit Wearables Flash - Fitness and Sleep Monitor (Black)
Misfit Wearables Flash - Fitness and Sleep Monitor (Black)
Price: $19.32
48 used & new from $18.94

2.0 out of 5 stars tried but failed, March 1, 2016
It works and it doesn't. I love it when it's working great but never had it pass a week's stretch. I got it at Best Buy during the black friday of 2014 but i've only worn it a total of 4 months. I'm reminded of how annoying it is today after I started wearing again after over 4months.

The pros:
1) does a decent job of tracking your sleep (including deep sleep & light sleep),
2) can (usually) tell when I'm exercising,
3) waterproof (i haven't tested it swimming but i shower with it)

The cons:
1) It thinks I'm exercising when I'm taking a shower (maybe I'm really that sedentary that a shower looks like exercise in comparison).
2) The band that came with it cracked in less than a week. I've learned not to push it in so hard. The replacement band wasn't very secure and my flash kept slipping out. I finally got tired of it and shelled out $25 buying 3rd party bands on amazon that are much better http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00XTV6E3Y?psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_search_detailpage.
3) and here's the kicker. It's suppose to store your data until you have a chance to sync it but it usually loses it. I try to sync at least once a day. It's a real downer when 5 days worth of data go poof because you're too lazy to sync. I've had it lose data occasionally when it's only the second day. Just right now, I synced it and there was nothing recorded since I synced last night. This is suppose to help encourage me to work out but it's discouraging me instead when it looks like I have a big fat zero for the day.

So in the end, two stars for effort and for it sorta working. I do not recommend this product unless they work out the syncing & data issue.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9