Profile for Plumbrpaul > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 18

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Plumbrpaul RSS Feed (Sonoma, CA.)

Page: 1 | 2
Jackson Safety 22613 Smith & Wesson Headband Recoil Earmuff for Extremely Noisy Environment, NRR 29

5.0 out of 5 stars Comfortable, Good fit! Light weight..., August 10, 2012
I purchased these ear muffs to wear at work (I'm a Union Plumber)and I must say they are very comfortable to wear all day while Rotohammering and the sound of chop saws going off constantly all around you. The fit is very good and the ear foam pads are soft and snug. The adjustable headband is quite easy to expand to your size. They are also light weight and well made.
These are rated 29 nnr and block the sound very well. I normally wear a 30 rating but these get the job done. I'm not sure how well they would preform on the shooting range but as far as ear muffs go these are quite comfortable and I would certainly recommend to anyone seeking quality ear protection.

No Title Available

4.0 out of 5 stars Nice Comfortable Loafer, March 13, 2012
These are very nice and comfortable shoes. The soles are made of rubber and easy to walk on for many hours. They have become my "go to" shoes that are both stylish and easy on my feet. The rich dark brown suede looks nice also. They are true to size. The only negatives I can think of is the fact that I would have preferred a more rounder toe and that these shoes were "Made In China" and not in Italy like my other Donald J Pliners.
But overall, a great shoe and very comfortable.

Clarks Originals Men's Desert Boot
Clarks Originals Men's Desert Boot
Price: $49.99 - $160.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Classic Style and Comfort!, July 29, 2011
I was amazed how comfortable these shoes were right out of the box! I tried them on carpet at first and they felt great, but when I went on my hardwood floors I could really appreciate the rubber gum soles that have made these desert boots so very popular all these years. They feel wonderful on your feet and one can match them with almost anything, from blue jeans to chinos.

NOTE*** I am very glad to other reviewers who have commented on the sizing.
I normally wear a size 10 but went with a size 9-1/2 and they fit perfect! I did have the chance to try on a size 10 on sale at Macy's last weekend before these had arrived and they were big on me so I was happy when the size 9-1/2 arrived today and the fit was perfect, so be sure and order one size down as they DO RUN LARGE.
I am sure I will be ordering another pair soon!

Streamlight 90642 Knucklehead Work Light Alkaline Model, Yellow
Streamlight 90642 Knucklehead Work Light Alkaline Model, Yellow
Price: $79.95
50 used & new from $69.50

5.0 out of 5 stars Another Awesome Product From STREAMLIGHT!, April 4, 2011
This is the 5th Streamlight product I have purchased and once again I am not disappointed! Quality craftsmanship and a lot of smart thinking went into this one. The bright light is perfect for task lighting and close up inspection for what you are working on. Ideal for car mechanics who want to use the magnet to attach this light to the under side of a hood while working on an engine.
I'm a Plumber and have taken it to work to attach it to the metal framing studs in the walls while I work. It has proven an invaluable tool to add to my arsenal.
The head pivots 210 degrees and rotates 360 degrees to give any angle you need while attached to a metal surface or hanging by the useful hook that clips to the back of the light when not in use.(Stowaway)
Drop tested from 2 meters! Very well made hard plastic! O-ring sealed at the battery compartment to keep out moisture.
4 light modes- High,Low,Flash and Moonlight Modes. I find The High Mode the most useful for me to light up a dark area when I'm working.
200 Lumens is plenty bright for this task light! (Nice floodlight pattern)
Comes with 4 Alkaline Batteries
ready to go! Note: The Battery compartment recommends only using Alkaline Batteries and NOT Lithium Batteries OR IT WILL VOID THE WARRANTY.
I found the Alkaline Batteries run fine and last fairly long even when I have this flashlight on for some hours.
BOTTOM LINE~~ This is another great flashlight to own! Very useful!

Smith & Wesson SWFRS First Response Serrated Knife
Smith & Wesson SWFRS First Response Serrated Knife
Price: $18.35
49 used & new from $11.92

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Quality, Super Value!, January 17, 2011
This is an Excellent Knife for the value! It is well made and nice and hefty as soon as you take it out of the box and handle it. The blade is very sharp and locks well when opened.
Overall a good buy!

FlareAlert Red 2-in-1 Traffic Safety Baton with Built-in Magnetic Base
FlareAlert Red 2-in-1 Traffic Safety Baton with Built-in Magnetic Base

3.0 out of 5 stars Small enough though, but just about gets the job done!, September 17, 2010
I have to say I was a little disappointed when I first opened the box and saw this wand. It was not as big as I thought it should have been. It is roughly 10" overall with only 6" of light wand. The rubber base and handle are good and comfortable though small as if it were made for a child's hand. It does come with a string lanyard to wear around your wrist but the two strings attaching it to the thicker string part of the cord looks like you could pull it apart like a thread.
The LED light is decent, but not that bright. The wand takes 3 AA batteries.
It has 4 light modes. The first push of the rubber button on the handle gives you the Red only light. The second push gives you the flashing Red light. The third push gives you White LED light at the end of the wand as a flashlight. The fourth push gives you a combination of the White tip flashlight and the Red solid light on the wand.
Personally, I would have designed it to where the first push gives you the white tip flashlight so when you first turn it on in the dark you get the flashlight first without having to go through the other modes to get to the flashlight, but no big deal...
I would have given it another star if the magnet in the base was strong enough to hold itself horizontally! But it can't! Cheap magnet! Too bad, because this would have been handy to stick to the side of your car in emergency situations. Now I guess one could just set in on the trunk or hood of you car in the flashing mode for motorists to see as you wait for a tow truck or emergency responders to arrive.
Still, this little guy would be better than nothing at all to wave down a Police Officer at night or signal for help. I suppose if you had two of them you could even help park a 747 at night like the grounds crew do at the Airport.
This would also be a great Kids prop as a "light saber" on Halloween or handy to have as parents walking at night with children in the dark. I'm going to keep mine behind the seat of my truck just in case I'm caught at night and need it use as a signal for help or while waiting for a tow.
Overall not a bad little light, just wish it was bigger and brighter. But what to you expect for $[...] bucks!

SE 88 Watch Wrench, Adjustable In Box
SE 88 Watch Wrench, Adjustable In Box
Offered by Gadgetscollection
Price: $9.99
4 used & new from $6.03

4.0 out of 5 stars Worth buying..., June 25, 2010
This is worth getting. Why spend Money paying some Jeweler to change your battery when you can do it yourself for free!
It's made just good enough to get the job done for the price offered.( Made in China) Comes with multiple pins to fit your watch casing.
I used it on my Swiss Army Victorinox and it took the Titanium back off with ease!

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars Revolutionary Design, Comfort at a snap!, April 5, 2010
I wonder why I waited so long to discover this wonderful belt! I have been looking for a belt that is adjustable AND looks great for some time!
This belt meets all of my expectations! It is fully adjustable by simply snapping the the release under the buckle to adjust to any length you desire! I suggest you order one size larger to ensure you have the correct length. Since you can cut down the belt to your size, I ordered one size larger and it worked out perfectly! The tip of the belt fits nicely into the first belt loop and is equally per portioned.
The slim design fits dress slacks nicely!
I would highly recommend this belt to any man! A little pricey, but worth
every penny once you realize how great it is to adjust whenever you want. After a Thanksgiving meal, or even if you loose a few pounds!
Either way, you won't be sorry!
Simply a must for any man's wardrobe! Makes a wonderful gift any man will appreciate for years to come!
Enjoy!!!!!!!

Skagen Men's 241LSLT Stainless Steel White Dial Watch
Skagen Men's 241LSLT Stainless Steel White Dial Watch

5.0 out of 5 stars Nice looking, Slim design..., April 5, 2010
This is a very nice looking watch right out of the box! Which was handsomely packed, suitable for gift giving.
The light color tan leather band goes well with all of my wardrobe and the white face is a nice contrast.
All in all, a very comfortable watch to wear that looks smart also!

Bostonian Men's Vicksburg Loafer
Bostonian Men's Vicksburg Loafer

5.0 out of 5 stars Superb Comfort! Five stars!, March 11, 2010
These are most certainly the most comfortable shoes I have worn yet!
Even more than My Rockports and I did not think that was possible!
The product features says leather soles, but they are actually rubber, as they describe in the product description. This accounts for them feeling so soft and comfortable! I wore these right out of the box and went shopping all day!
They looked great and I was happy I bought them! If you are considering a nice looking loafer that wears well I would highly recommend these!

Page: 1 | 2