Profile for Geekdomo > Reviews

Top Reviewer Ranking: 775

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Geekdomo "GeekDomo" RSS Feed (127.0.0.1)
(VINE VOICE)    (TOP 1000 REVIEWER)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
DeLonghi D34528DZ Dual Zone Deep Fryer
DeLonghi D34528DZ Dual Zone Deep Fryer
Price: $129.95
3 used & new from $59.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Great fryer! - Dual Zone and Digital timer rock!, August 10, 2014
High quality fryer!

We bought a Waring Pro fryer for our food truck a few years ago and has held up well since we sold the business (we kept the fryer). It had seen some commercial use for the 2 years we had it. Getting long in the tooth; when this one popped up we grabbed it. First off the quality is top notch! The Waring had a dial timer that NEVER worked correctly. This one has a digital readout that is easier to see. *When making double fried- french fries its critical for the timing to get a consistent product. The DeLonghi fryer with its digital timer is super easy to monitor cook times. The dual zone is nice because you can make 2 batches at the same time and alternate the frying you are doing.

Pros:
+ Digital timer
+ Dual Zone allows for faster cooking and cooking multiple things
+ Great construction

Cons:
- Cleaning might be a problem over time but for now it cleans up well (I am thinking of when the grease gets to be more sticky in the corners)

Overall we are VERY happy with this fryer and would recommend!

Watch Dogs - Xbox One
Watch Dogs - Xbox One
Price: $46.95
75 used & new from $26.79

5.0 out of 5 stars Fun, Compelling, open sandbox play!, August 10, 2014
This review is from: Watch Dogs - Xbox One (Video Game)
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
Fantastic sandbox with some fun side quests.

I finally finished this last night. I have had it a while now. This is not due to lack of playing but instead being able freely roam and explore. The story is very compelling and engaging.

Pros:
+ Amazing story
+ Fun multiplayer (go Ellohime!)
+ Sandbox - explore the whole city of Chicago and outlying areas
+ Open Missions
+ Great Cars

Cons:
+ Aiming sometimes is off
+ AI is flakey at times

Overall I REALLY enjoyed this game and recommend it!

South Shore Jambory Storage Unit on Casters, Natural Maple
South Shore Jambory Storage Unit on Casters, Natural Maple
Price: $79.99
5 used & new from $78.89

4.0 out of 5 stars Not bad, its much smaller than it looks in the image., June 19, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
The image shows what looks like a 60" tv on this unit. Unfortunately they used all small electronics so once I put it together I was surprised just how small it really was. Besides that; it assembles well. Like an IKEA product the assembly is pretty straightforward. It supports my electronics very well and has a nice clean look.
Overall pretty happy with this unit.

InterDesign Una Mesh Storage Hanging Shower Caddy, Black
InterDesign Una Mesh Storage Hanging Shower Caddy, Black
Price: $12.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Decent just had to get some new rings, June 19, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
Its a really good shower caddy. I had to get some more heavy duty shower rings at the dollar store. With all the weight of the shampoo, conditioner and other stuff quickly adds up and the metal bead rings bent under that weight. I bought a set of heavy duty plastic rings from the dollar store that hold up all of the weight pretty well. It does a good job and it is very handy to have that stuff hanging in the shower instead of sitting on the sides.

Overall very happy with it!

3M Easy Adjust Desk Mount Monitor Arm, Elegant Space Saving Design, For Monitors Up to 20 lbs and <= 30 in, Silver
Price: $194.56
3 used & new from $159.99

5.0 out of 5 stars One of the best arms I have ever used., June 19, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I currently have 4 monitors on my standing electric desk. Prior to this I had 3 monitors mounted on a triple tree bar. The one I ordered was cheap. Both in manufacturing, quality and performance (3 monitors were all at different heights over 3 inches different). Because of this I had guessed this single mount would be similar. I was COMPLETELY wrong. First off this is from 3M. It comes with a nice 3M pad for your desk. The build quality is fantastic. It looks professional. You will not be ashamed to show it off. It has a TON of customization options. Its flexible in many different ways. Comes with allen keys so you need nothing to get this setup. Even the VESA mount screws are supplied and they are thumb type (BRILLIANT).

Totally recommend!
Thanks for reading my review!

Quartet Magnetic Dry-Erase Board, 17 inch x 23 inch, Assorted Frame Colors in Black or Wood Finish, (MWDW1723M)
Price: $10.97
2 used & new from $10.97

5.0 out of 5 stars Very useful - easy to clean, June 19, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
This is a standard white board. Medium size. I put this in my daughter's room and she has been using it every day for over a month now. She likes to do art on it and also I put tasks on it for her to do. Its plenty big enough for her. Its not a massive board so check the size before ordering. As with all Quartet boards, clean with the right cleaner and it will last a long time.

Overall very happy with it! Thanks for reading my review.

Crucial  M550 512GB 2.5-Inch 7mm SSD SATA (with 9.5mm adapter) Internal Solid State Drive CT512M550SSD1
Crucial M550 512GB 2.5-Inch 7mm SSD SATA (with 9.5mm adapter) Internal Solid State Drive CT512M550SSD1
Price: Click here to see our price
71 used & new from $245.80

5.0 out of 5 stars Fast, efficient and a great addition to my system, May 15, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I do not have any metrics to share with you. This drive has become my steam install drive and is amazingly fast loading games. As a streamer Its important my games load quickly and transfer from cutscene to cut scene. With this drive I am able to load the game as I am firing up the stream. Oftentimes it is loaded just as the stream starts. That is phenomenal performance. My current system uses an OCZ 128GB Boot drive. I have several 4TB drives as storage drives.

Pros:
+ Easy to install
+ Silent operation (obviously)
+ Great transfer rates
+ Energy efficient

Cons:
- Not major ones. I suppose the included install bracket was about useless.

Overall very happy with this drive!

SOME OWNER TIPS:
If your new to the world of SSDs there are some things you may want to know. An SSD Drive is only 1/2 a drive. What I mean by this is the drive is only 100% efficient up to 50% full. At 51% full the drive loses somewhere around 20% efficiency. A full SSD is almost as slow as a Hybrid SSD/Platter combo. Also SSDs can get bad sectors like standard drives. A block is only writable a certain number of times. After its been written to X number of times it becomes unusable. If the purpose of your purchase is to have something that has millions of read writes a day, you may not want an SSD for this. For further details check the web about SSD efficiency.

Hope this helps!

Turtle Beach Ear Force XO Seven Premium Xbox One Gaming Headset
Turtle Beach Ear Force XO Seven Premium Xbox One Gaming Headset
Price: $129.99
55 used & new from $109.39

5.0 out of 5 stars Super comfortable, quality construction. Highly recommend, May 15, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
After receiving these cans I was instantly aware at the quality of them. Very supple leather around the head band and ear pieces. Not overly thick, they sit close to the head. If your a streamer like I am it is good to have a nice set when on camera. Overall extremely happy with these and would recommend them if your in the market for a great gaming headset:

Pros:
+ Super comfortable
+ Removable high quality mic
+ Great braided cord (good length as well)
+ Deep rich bass and sound
+ Games really sound awesome

Cons:
- Unable to determine if they bleed or not when doing podcasts. They might but I have not been able to nail it down to me either being too close to the mic or they bleed. There are air vents on the backside of the earpieces. YMMV

Overall wonderful headset and totally worth the money.

Thanks for reading my review.

Raising Steam (Discworld)
Raising Steam (Discworld)
by Terry Pratchett
Price: $17.04
86 used & new from $11.09

5.0 out of 5 stars Mr Pratchett, I so love your books., March 2, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
After long anticipation it is finally here: the new Terry Pratchett novel. I have read the entire series, many of the books a few times over. I am particularly fond of the city watch and Lord Vetinari’s approach to ruling a city such as Ankh Morpork.

The book came in the mail and I started reading immediately. For the next few days I could not put the book down. I took it to meetings and read under the table as people were discussing things of much less importance than this book. I was simply unable to put it down until I finished it.

Many of my favorite characters came together for this exciting new adventure that introduces locomotives to the Discworld. We meet a brand new character by the name of Dick Simnel who has a great mind for engineering and steam. Sir Harry King joins into an exciting business venture with him and they are joined by Moist von Lipwip who seems to have a hand in many of the city’s enterprises. He is the Postmaster General and also responsible for the bank. His lovely wife, Adora Belle Dearheart runs the Clacks.

The railway starts out small with just a circuit around Harry Kings complex in Ankh Morpork but soon expands to the Sto Plains, Quirm, and even takes on the task of reaching Überwald.

The dwarfs in Überwald are plotting and scheming to overthrow the Low King of the Dwarfs and Moist von Lipwig is charged with using the train to help the Low King.

For me the book did not disappoint. I read and laughed and enjoyed it just as much as the other 39 that came before it.

Creative Sound Blaster Tactic 3D Fury Gaming Headset
Creative Sound Blaster Tactic 3D Fury Gaming Headset
Price: $37.54
36 used & new from $34.56

4.0 out of 5 stars Really great sound, mic is very good. Feels cheap though., February 20, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
First off I have 2 high end headsets. One is Beats and the other one are Streets. While these are not headsets per-se they are good quality products. Why I took off one star is that while the audio quality of these headsets are pretty good, and comfortable to wear, they just feel very light and slightly cheap. Now the lightness might help when wearing these for many hours raiding/streaming might be more of a boon.

Pros:
+ Good bass response
+ Mic is perfectly adequate for most voice chat convos
+ USB + Mini is a good combo for a very utilitarian headset

Cons:
- Feels kind of cheap (build quality)

Overall pretty happy with this headset and would recommend it as a good headset if you are doing voice conversations all day in game or on skype.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20