Profile for Geekdomo > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 473

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Geekdomo "GeekDomo" RSS Feed (127.0.0.1)
(VINE VOICE)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
LUXA2 Energy Slim 5000mAh Compact Portable Charger External Battery Power Bank for iPhone/Samsung/HTC/Nexus/GoPro/and Tablets - Retail Packaging - Black
Price: $24.99
3 used & new from $14.99

5.0 out of 5 stars It is very easy to setup and use, February 23, 2015
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
Works as described! I use this for when I am travelling. I primarily use it as a battery backup for my Samsung cell phone. It is very easy to setup and use. Just plug it in and charge it to full and your all set.

Pros:
+ build quality is very good
+ Easy to use
+ Offers you battery for your portable devices

Cons:
- Not really any

Overall very happy with it. Its a simple device but very well made.

Samson Meteor Mic USB Studio Microphone (Chrome)
Samson Meteor Mic USB Studio Microphone (Chrome)
Price: Click here to see our price
47 used & new from $59.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Decent consumer USB Microphone [VIDEO REVIEW], January 7, 2015
Length:: 3:32 Mins

[TRANSCRIPT]
I recieved this microphone from Sampson a couple of weeks ago and have delighted in its simplicity and ease of use. Installation was a breeze, all I did was unplug my

previous USB Microphone and install this with the included USB cable. Instantly Windows recognized it. It was AISO compliant and all of my programs were very happy to see

this chrome bugger show up. As far as the quality, you be the judge.

Lets go over all of the specifications:

Polar Pattern . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . Cardioid
Capsule . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 1-inch (25 mm) condenser capsule
Frequency Response . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 20Hz - 20kHz
Max SPL . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 120dB
Sample Rate . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 44.1/48kHz
Bit Rate . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 16bit
Power Requirements . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 5V 70mA (idle), 100mA (peak)
Controls . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .Headphone Volume, Microphone Mute Switch
Output . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .1/8" TRS
Headphone Impedance . . . . . . . . . . . . . 16 ohms
Headphone Output . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 85mW at 16ohms
THD . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .0.01% unloaded, 0.04% @ 32 ohms
Headphone Frequency Response . . . . . . . 20Hz - 20kHz
Signal to Noise . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .96dB (A)
Dimensions . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 1.92" x 3.9" (49mm x 100mm)
Weight . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . ..57lbs (263g)

What is a Cardoid compressor microphone? it picks up almost exclusively the desired sound while ambient noise is hardly noticeable. It gets its name because of its pattern of

sensitivity, which is roughly shaped like a heart when drawn out on an axis. This means that most of the sound it picks up comes from the front of the microphone, while

minimal noise is picked up from the rear and only marginal noise is picked up from the sides.

My relevant Computer specs:
intel i7 3770k OC 4.2 on liquid
Windows 8.1 Professional
32 GB RAM
ASUS Sabretooth Motherboard

HD Version: http://youtu.be/FYVuW3JVZ_8
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jan 11, 2015 4:40 AM PST

Epson Home Cinema 3000 1080p, HDMI, lens shift, 3LCD, 2300 Lumens color and white brightness, home theater projector
Price: $1,199.00
14 used & new from $1,199.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing colors & contrast - Out of the box needs some adjusting, November 30, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I totally rearranged my living room for this but after I got it all setup I can say it is TOTALLY worth it. I added some photos so you can see the quality.

Here is my setup (for this review) Other non mentioned devices will be left out:

Onkyo Receiver connected to 2 Sony Tower speakers and 1 B&W Center channel
Roku 3
Plex running on my streaming PC
Epson PowerLite Home Cinema 3000
Painted the wall with FLAT Ceiling Ultra White Bear Ultra Premium Paint (wall is old lathe and plaster)

First impressions:
Out of the box I was kinda disappointed. The colors were washed out and the contrast seemed a bit low. The manual is included on a CD ROM but who has one of those anymore? So I proceeded to do what I always do when I get a new toy, play with it for hours. After many hours of adjusting and tweaking the settings I can say it looks amazing right now. You can adjust the size easily with the outer ring of the lens. The inner ring is for adjusting the focus. The wall I am projecting on is about 8 feet away. Currently I have it set at 103" inches corner to corner. I do not have a wall that is far enough away to go all the way out to its max size.

I have watched over 20 hours on it and it just keeps on impressing me.

Some issues:
- Setup was very easy to get it running but you will need to spend some time adjusting it to fit your screen
- If you take it out of economy mode it gets quite loud
- Unable to find replacement lamp yet so I am unsure of this disposable item cost.

Overall thoughts:
+ This projector (depending on the cost of the lamps) is a great value and performs beautifully
+ I am going to purchase a screen for the holidays as a family gift. White wall paint will do for now
+ Requires external speakers (The other models in this line dont but their speaker will never perform as well as a 2.1 or higher system
+ Very excited to take this into the back yard and have outside movie night with the kids. (Easily connect a laptop up to it with a portable speaker system it should be very fun)

I will update this review after I have had more time with it.

Thank you for reading my review.

NOTE: The curvature in my photos is from my camera it is 100% Flat and square on my wall.
Comment Comments (6) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Feb 7, 2015 9:00 PM PST

Minecraft Box Heads, Steve
Minecraft Box Heads, Steve
Offered by Best Anime Shop
Price: $16.99
31 used & new from $14.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Pretty good - Recommend getting some foam to make up for the size, November 29, 2014
This review is from: Minecraft Box Heads, Steve (Toy)
This looks amazing and if your a Minecraft player you will enjoy wearing this out at parties. It is a bit expensive for what it is but I like that it is cardboard that you can collapse for the rest of the year waiting for Halloween. I do suggest getting some 3-4" foam to put up at the top of the box so that it fits better and pushes the cardboard ring down on your head better. Makes it a bit more adjustable and will help for kids trying to wear this, allowing for them to turn their heads.

Bosch SHE65T55UC 500 24" Stainless Steel Semi-Integrated Dishwasher - Energy Star
Offered by Home Care Company
Price: Click here to see our price
2 used & new from $899.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Almost silent - Amazing clean dishes - Build quality feels cheap but it should last., November 29, 2014
Before you get upset that I wrote "Build quality feels cheap"; I am coming from a solid stainless steel jenair deluxe NSF dishwasher where the door weighed like 10 lbs. This Bosch performs amazingly better than that old jenair, yet weighs significantly less. I am glad we purchased the one with the handle on the front after reading many reviews about it being a weak spot with the hidden handle ones.

For the review:
This DW is almost silent, no seriously. The Jenaire was so loud you couldnt talk in the kitchen with it running. Quite often my wife will ask me when I am going to start the dishwasher and Ill gladly reply... " Its already running!"
The dishes come out spotless. Our old DW had a seal breaking down (one of the reasons we were getting rid of it) and it left little rubbery black spots on all of the dishes. One cycle in the Bosch and all of those spots were gone.

Minor niggle: You almost HAVE to use a drying agent to get the dishes perfect. Because of this the cost of ownership is a tad higher on the front end, but the energy efficiency of this DW probably more than makes up for it.

Setup:
Wow - Completely doable by most people. It comes with a junction box that is super easy to setup and install. I was so blown away that I didnt have to lay under the DW for 3 hours trying to connect all of the power connectors. That little junction box plus plug that you can remove was a delightful surprise.

As I stated it was very light and easy to put in under the cabinet.

Overall we are VERY happy with our purchase.

Thank you for reading my review.

WoD Character Sheet Pad (World of Darkness)
WoD Character Sheet Pad (World of Darkness)
by White Wolf Games Studio
17 used & new from $7.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Great sheets. Suggest copying for game setup., November 29, 2014
These sheets are really nice. They do copy well which is what I suggest to do while making characters then transfer them over to these sheets. I believe as of this review that these are no longer in print. Making them sort of rare, another reason you might want to copy them. The paper is really sturdy and should hold up to multiple erasing and writing (willpower area).

Highly recommended!

Linksys AC2400 4X4 Dual-Band Gigabit Wi-Fi Router, Optimal for HD Video Streaming and Lag-Free Gaming (E8350)
Price: $235.29
11 used & new from $232.99

2.0 out of 5 stars Review Update 12/14/15- Possible tips to improve dropping, November 29, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I have had other linksys routers in the past but since they were purchased by Cisco, you know the router people; the quality has drastically improved. About this router. I have this hooked up behind my cable modem. In front of it is a 12 port Gigabit switch and this is in-between. Setup was very easy and as stated it is almost effortless with the built in setup. Now for the specifics. I noticed that this router did extend beyond my old router by a good 30 feet. The file transfers were on par with my previous router. I have 2 kids in the house and everything is wireless so we really tested this thing out. I never noticed a slowdown on any file transfers, it just seems that this router is a beast.

Overall we are very pleased with our new router and expect it to last some time. I will update this as we use it more.

Thank you for reading my review.

UPDATE:12/14/05
Ok so after my initial setup I began to have random drops on both 2.4GHz and also 5.0GHz. I suspect a firmware update will be out soon because this is a problem with this model I will update this review when I find out about it. Performance wired is fine. Its the wireless that drops often. I talked with the techs at Linksys *(it comes with 6 months free tech support if you register it), and they suggested to update the firmware even if it is 1.0 because it might be better than the factory default. I declined to do this but I suspect it will not make a difference.

They also suggested setting the 5GHz to 20 or 40 MHz and setting 2.4GHz to channel 6 by default. I did this and as of this update its been up 1 hour with no dropping. IMHO this is completely unacceptable for a router in this price range. It is my hope they have a new firmware soon.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Dec 19, 2014 7:16 PM PST

Turtle Beach Ear Force Disney Infinity: Marvel Super Heroes Stereo Gaming Headset for Xbox 360, PlayStation 4, Wii U, PC, and Mobile Devices (TBS-4256-01)
Price: $34.99
17 used & new from $34.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Comfortable headset with good fidelity., November 8, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
This headset from Turtle Beach, while based on Disney Infinity as a theme, is right on par with the company's other offerings. This set comes with some cool features:

- Ability to change covers on the side (they are stickers that are similar to laptop/phone skins)
- A cord that is almost 1 mile long (ok thats an exaggeration, but really it has a super long cord)
I think this is to reach a console and remain on the couch. You can remove the long section and be left with a standard length cord with a headphone/phone mini jack plug on the end.

The sound quality is very similar to my Xbox Turtle Beach headset. Its has rich bass and good highs. It really shines at the midrange, which makes sense as this is for VOIP communications with your team mates.

For children?
Because Infinity is a child's game, I gave these to my daughter to use for a few weeks. She has worn them almost non stop while she is playing with her electronics or tablets. Quite often she cannot hear me because of the passive noise suppression built in. It fits her head quite well and she has never complained of any pain for wearing long periods.

Overall this is a great headset, the theme is fun for kids or fans of Infinity!

Thanks for reading my review :)

DeLonghi D34528DZ Dual Zone Deep Fryer
DeLonghi D34528DZ Dual Zone Deep Fryer
Price: $129.95
20 used & new from $59.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Great fryer! - Dual Zone and Digital timer rock!, August 10, 2014
High quality fryer!

We bought a Waring Pro fryer for our food truck a few years ago and has held up well since we sold the business (we kept the fryer). It had seen some commercial use for the 2 years we had it. Getting long in the tooth; when this one popped up we grabbed it. First off the quality is top notch! The Waring had a dial timer that NEVER worked correctly. This one has a digital readout that is easier to see. *When making double fried- french fries its critical for the timing to get a consistent product. The DeLonghi fryer with its digital timer is super easy to monitor cook times. The dual zone is nice because you can make 2 batches at the same time and alternate the frying you are doing.

Pros:
+ Digital timer
+ Dual Zone allows for faster cooking and cooking multiple things
+ Great construction

Cons:
- Cleaning might be a problem over time but for now it cleans up well (I am thinking of when the grease gets to be more sticky in the corners)

Overall we are VERY happy with this fryer and would recommend!

Watch Dogs
Watch Dogs
Price: $24.60
197 used & new from $14.90

5.0 out of 5 stars Fun, Compelling, open sandbox play!, August 10, 2014
This review is from: Watch Dogs (Video Game)
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
Fantastic sandbox with some fun side quests.

I finally finished this last night. I have had it a while now. This is not due to lack of playing but instead being able freely roam and explore. The story is very compelling and engaging.

Pros:
+ Amazing story
+ Fun multiplayer (go Ellohime!)
+ Sandbox - explore the whole city of Chicago and outlying areas
+ Open Missions
+ Great Cars

Cons:
+ Aiming sometimes is off
+ AI is flakey at times

Overall I REALLY enjoyed this game and recommend it!

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20