Profile for Geekdomo > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 478

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Geekdomo "GeekDomo" RSS Feed (127.0.0.1)
(VINE VOICE)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
XSories Big Black Box 2.0 Shockproof Waterproof Storage Case With Customizable Foam Padding 4.3L Volume (Black)
Offered by XSories
Price: $69.99
4 used & new from $45.53

4.0 out of 5 stars High Quality, name is a tad misleading. Check dimensions, June 30, 2015
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
The build quality of this case is really good. It feels pretty indestructible. My biggest complaint is the name really, its called the Big Black Box. When I got it I soon found out the word Big being used sort of loosely. It can fit my DSLR by itself and 1 small lens. That is it. The box is super durable and I think it will serve me well for some of my smaller items just fine. Maybe a nice box to keep my digital recorder and a mic? I tried a few of my larger pieces of gear and most did not fit. Overall I am happy with the box, just be sure you check the dimensions before you order.

Thanks for reading my review.

Intex 12ft X 30in Metal Frame Pool Set
Intex 12ft X 30in Metal Frame Pool Set
Price: $162.68
18 used & new from $116.64

5.0 out of 5 stars Super fast installation, while not permanent solution feels sturdy and should last!, June 12, 2015
Wow this thing went up in about 1 hour from start to finish. I watched a couple of videos before installing. The hardest part of the installation was the leveling of the ground. We live on a slight downgrade hill. The longest part was filling it with a garden hose. If you live close to a fire department and are chummy with them they could fill it in a few moments. We got the 12x30 and even my kids shortest friends (age 9-12) can stand up in it no problem.

Pros:
+ Easy installation
+ Easy construction
+ Well made
+ Comes with everything no tools required to install at all (except mounting the pump if you want to)
+ Power cord is super long (maybe 15 feet or so?) comes with a breaker but still should be on a GFCI plug just to be sure

Cons:
- Really should have more firm wall supports near the pump intake and output. Its fine but feels flimsy

Overall it is a blast to use. Well above the plastic kiddie pools of my youth.
Highly recommended!

weBoost Drive 4G-X Cell Phone Booster Kit - Retail Packaging - Black
weBoost Drive 4G-X Cell Phone Booster Kit - Retail Packaging - Black
Price: $479.99
2 used & new from $444.50

5.0 out of 5 stars Easy to install, quality build, works as advertised!, June 12, 2015
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
My mother lives out in the sticks. Quite often while visiting her I lose signal. I received this weBoost Drive 4G-X booster unit about 3 days before a trip to see her. Installation was a breeze. If you have ever installed a car amplifier then you will have no problems installing this in your car/truck. The unit is pretty heavy, it is probably due to the amplifiers inside. The antenna cable is thin and well shielded so as long as you are careful it should be easy to place with minimal damage.

Pros:
+ Boosted my cell phone signal (Virgin Mobile) up from 1 bar to 3 bars.
+ The case is small(ish) so finding a spot to place it was pretty easy
+ Did not run too hot when I was using it for 10 hours on the road

Cons:
- The price is a tad high, while worth it - my opinion is some of the cost might go to the free installation that comes with it, meaning the price includes the installation but you are actually paying for it upfront. Not entirely sure of this but its irrelevant because the product performs very well.

Overall:
+ Very handy device to have, well worth the money if you live in a rural area and DO get a signal now. If there is no signal at all this will not magically make one. It does boost the signal at least 2-3 bars depending on the signal strength to begin with. Highly recommended for truck drivers or people making their living on the road.

AccuRelief ACRL-5500 Ultimate Foot Circulator
AccuRelief ACRL-5500 Ultimate Foot Circulator
Price: $168.46
2 used & new from $168.46

5.0 out of 5 stars Oh my dogs are not barking after using this., April 9, 2015
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
This product does what it is advertised to do. I love the way it makes my feet feel after a long day of standing up and working. Its small enough to sit under your desk. I have started using it during the day, It makes my feet feel energized.

Highly recommended!

QardioArm Wireless Blood Pressure Monitor (Apple iOS and Android)
QardioArm Wireless Blood Pressure Monitor (Apple iOS and Android)
Price: $93.98
6 used & new from $93.98

1.0 out of 5 stars Doesnt work kind of too hip for its own good, April 9, 2015
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I have struggled writing this review because I honestly wanted this to work. Unfortunately this blood pressure monitor has no buttons, nothing anywhere to indicate its on, or that its working. I spent hours trying to figure out what was happening. There is no way to tell if its linking up via bluetooth. A simple button to link would have been superb. Instead it just sits there looking with great intentions like a nice product.
I cannot recommend this product at all.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Apr 10, 2015 4:16 AM PDT

LUXA2 Energy Slim 5000mAh Compact Portable Charger External Battery Power Bank for iPhone/Samsung/HTC/Nexus/GoPro/and Tablets - Retail Packaging - Black
Price: $24.99
10 used & new from $20.64

5.0 out of 5 stars It is very easy to setup and use, February 23, 2015
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
Works as described! I use this for when I am travelling. I primarily use it as a battery backup for my Samsung cell phone. It is very easy to setup and use. Just plug it in and charge it to full and your all set.

Pros:
+ build quality is very good
+ Easy to use
+ Offers you battery for your portable devices

Cons:
- Not really any

Overall very happy with it. Its a simple device but very well made.

Samson Meteor Mic USB Studio Microphone (Chrome)
Samson Meteor Mic USB Studio Microphone (Chrome)
Price: $69.99
84 used & new from $49.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Decent consumer USB Microphone [VIDEO REVIEW], January 7, 2015
Length:: 3:32 Mins

[TRANSCRIPT]
I recieved this microphone from Sampson a couple of weeks ago and have delighted in its simplicity and ease of use. Installation was a breeze, all I did was unplug my

previous USB Microphone and install this with the included USB cable. Instantly Windows recognized it. It was AISO compliant and all of my programs were very happy to see

this chrome bugger show up. As far as the quality, you be the judge.

Lets go over all of the specifications:

Polar Pattern . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . Cardioid
Capsule . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 1-inch (25 mm) condenser capsule
Frequency Response . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 20Hz - 20kHz
Max SPL . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 120dB
Sample Rate . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 44.1/48kHz
Bit Rate . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 16bit
Power Requirements . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 5V 70mA (idle), 100mA (peak)
Controls . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .Headphone Volume, Microphone Mute Switch
Output . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .1/8" TRS
Headphone Impedance . . . . . . . . . . . . . 16 ohms
Headphone Output . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 85mW at 16ohms
THD . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .0.01% unloaded, 0.04% @ 32 ohms
Headphone Frequency Response . . . . . . . 20Hz - 20kHz
Signal to Noise . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .96dB (A)
Dimensions . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 1.92" x 3.9" (49mm x 100mm)
Weight . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . ..57lbs (263g)

What is a Cardoid compressor microphone? it picks up almost exclusively the desired sound while ambient noise is hardly noticeable. It gets its name because of its pattern of

sensitivity, which is roughly shaped like a heart when drawn out on an axis. This means that most of the sound it picks up comes from the front of the microphone, while

minimal noise is picked up from the rear and only marginal noise is picked up from the sides.

My relevant Computer specs:
intel i7 3770k OC 4.2 on liquid
Windows 8.1 Professional
32 GB RAM
ASUS Sabretooth Motherboard

HD Version: http://youtu.be/FYVuW3JVZ_8
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jan 11, 2015 4:40 AM PST

Epson Home Cinema 3000 1080p, HDMI, lens shift, 3LCD, 2300 Lumens color and white brightness, home theater projector
Price: $1,149.00
19 used & new from $1,149.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing colors & contrast - Out of the box needs some adjusting, November 30, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I totally rearranged my living room for this but after I got it all setup I can say it is TOTALLY worth it. I added some photos so you can see the quality.

Here is my setup (for this review) Other non mentioned devices will be left out:

Onkyo Receiver connected to 2 Sony Tower speakers and 1 B&W Center channel
Roku 3
Plex running on my streaming PC
Epson PowerLite Home Cinema 3000
Painted the wall with FLAT Ceiling Ultra White Bear Ultra Premium Paint (wall is old lathe and plaster)

First impressions:
Out of the box I was kinda disappointed. The colors were washed out and the contrast seemed a bit low. The manual is included on a CD ROM but who has one of those anymore? So I proceeded to do what I always do when I get a new toy, play with it for hours. After many hours of adjusting and tweaking the settings I can say it looks amazing right now. You can adjust the size easily with the outer ring of the lens. The inner ring is for adjusting the focus. The wall I am projecting on is about 8 feet away. Currently I have it set at 103" inches corner to corner. I do not have a wall that is far enough away to go all the way out to its max size.

I have watched over 20 hours on it and it just keeps on impressing me.

Some issues:
- Setup was very easy to get it running but you will need to spend some time adjusting it to fit your screen
- If you take it out of economy mode it gets quite loud
- Unable to find replacement lamp yet so I am unsure of this disposable item cost.

Overall thoughts:
+ This projector (depending on the cost of the lamps) is a great value and performs beautifully
+ I am going to purchase a screen for the holidays as a family gift. White wall paint will do for now
+ Requires external speakers (The other models in this line dont but their speaker will never perform as well as a 2.1 or higher system
+ Very excited to take this into the back yard and have outside movie night with the kids. (Easily connect a laptop up to it with a portable speaker system it should be very fun)

I will update this review after I have had more time with it.

Thank you for reading my review.

NOTE: The curvature in my photos is from my camera it is 100% Flat and square on my wall.
Comment Comments (6) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Feb 7, 2015 9:00 PM PST

Minecraft Box Heads, Steve
Minecraft Box Heads, Steve
Offered by PosterRevolution
Price: $13.99
45 used & new from $10.32

4.0 out of 5 stars Pretty good - Recommend getting some foam to make up for the size, November 29, 2014
This review is from: Minecraft Box Heads, Steve (Toy)
This looks amazing and if your a Minecraft player you will enjoy wearing this out at parties. It is a bit expensive for what it is but I like that it is cardboard that you can collapse for the rest of the year waiting for Halloween. I do suggest getting some 3-4" foam to put up at the top of the box so that it fits better and pushes the cardboard ring down on your head better. Makes it a bit more adjustable and will help for kids trying to wear this, allowing for them to turn their heads.

Bosch SHE65T55UC 500 24" Stainless Steel Semi-Integrated Dishwasher - Energy Star
Offered by Home Care Company
Price: Click here to see our price
4 used & new from $804.60

5.0 out of 5 stars Almost silent - Amazing clean dishes - Build quality feels cheap but it should last., November 29, 2014
Before you get upset that I wrote "Build quality feels cheap"; I am coming from a solid stainless steel jenair deluxe NSF dishwasher where the door weighed like 10 lbs. This Bosch performs amazingly better than that old jenair, yet weighs significantly less. I am glad we purchased the one with the handle on the front after reading many reviews about it being a weak spot with the hidden handle ones.

For the review:
This DW is almost silent, no seriously. The Jenaire was so loud you couldnt talk in the kitchen with it running. Quite often my wife will ask me when I am going to start the dishwasher and Ill gladly reply... " Its already running!"
The dishes come out spotless. Our old DW had a seal breaking down (one of the reasons we were getting rid of it) and it left little rubbery black spots on all of the dishes. One cycle in the Bosch and all of those spots were gone.

Minor niggle: You almost HAVE to use a drying agent to get the dishes perfect. Because of this the cost of ownership is a tad higher on the front end, but the energy efficiency of this DW probably more than makes up for it.

Setup:
Wow - Completely doable by most people. It comes with a junction box that is super easy to setup and install. I was so blown away that I didnt have to lay under the DW for 3 hours trying to connect all of the power connectors. That little junction box plus plug that you can remove was a delightful surprise.

As I stated it was very light and easy to put in under the cabinet.

Overall we are VERY happy with our purchase.

Thank you for reading my review.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jun 5, 2015 4:30 PM PDT