Automotive Deals Best Books of the Month Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Stephen Marley Fire TV Stick Health, Household and Grocery Back to School Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer harmonquest_s1 harmonquest_s1 harmonquest_s1  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis Enter for the chance to win front row seats to Barbra Streisand Water Sports
Profile for Geekdomo > Reviews

Browse

Geekdomo's Profile

Customer Reviews: 490

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Geekdomo "GeekDomo" RSS Feed (127.0.0.1)
(VINE VOICE)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
Coleman Comfort-Cloud 40 Sleeping Bag Regular, Green
Coleman Comfort-Cloud 40 Sleeping Bag Regular, Green
Price: $72.94
6 used & new from $65.65

5.0 out of 5 stars SO COMFY!, June 29, 2016
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
This has to be one of the most comfortable sleeping bags I have ever owned! It is ample in size for most adults. The memory foam does not weigh it down at all (I was expecting it would). Instead it adds a very soft layer of support to the bag. The temperature outside never got below 50F so I cannot speak to its low temp rating. From what I understand it only rated to 40F which is not very cold. More of a fair weather bag in my opinion.

Overall very comfy and highly recommended!

Hercules DJControl AIR S series, USB DJ Controller with 8 Progressive Pads and "AIR" control with Audio Outputs for use with your headphones and your speakers (4780771)
Price: $129.99
18 used & new from $78.05

5.0 out of 5 stars Lots of fun for entry level DJs!, June 15, 2016
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I love this deck. Main complaint I will get out of the way first, Lack of really good documentation and software was hard to sort out directly out of the box. I had to find the DJ software myself. Reason for this is the manufacturer did not include it anywhere (I could find) other than the install CD (Who really uses CDs anymore anyway). A simple slip of paper with URLs on it would be awesome. The next issue was simply how to use it and all of the features. I ended up finding someone on YouTube that showed how to use it and the software. Pretty bad that the official YT channel for Hercules does not cover this deck in that detail. So, why still 4 stars? Because once I got all of that sorted THIS THING WAS AWESOME! It did not take more than an hour of playing with it and downloading a ton of tracks that I was DJ Domo rockin the house. My daughter wants me to do her birthday party she loved it so much.

Overall it functions very well, has powerful features, Lacking in any real documentation and software

Fossil Q Grant Stainless Steel Hybrid Smartwatch
Fossil Q Grant Stainless Steel Hybrid Smartwatch
Price: $195.00
2 used & new from $181.35

4.0 out of 5 stars Great looking, nice features, tracking needs some work., June 15, 2016
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I love the fit and finish of this watch from Fossil. It was easy to adjust the band, simple push out the pin system. The alerts are one of the features I really did not think I would like as much as I did but it proved very useful, at the movies, or driving. My biggest complaint is the main purpose of this watch (other than being a time piece) is the activity tracking. I recently had triple bypass surgery and have to now walk every day. Because of this I am constantly wearing some sort of tracking device. My main one happens to be my Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge. I have it with me for many reasons and it does tracking plus gps tracking in a separate app if I need to. To keep it fair I used the S6 on walk sensor mode as that is what the watch is using as well. I then walked daily 2-3 miles with both the phone and the watch.
The result: The watch was consistently hundreds and sometimes thousands of steps off:

S6: 5240 Steps
Q: 4220 steps

S6: 7810 steps
Q: 6136 Steps

You get the gist. It was ALWAYS lower. Being that I measured the daily loop with my car and also the GPS the phone was off but only 20-50 steps. The watch was often off by hundreds or more. This is a typical issue with most fitness trackers. If you really need detailed tracking you should be using a GPS unit. Generally I am very happy with the watch, its software and the charging base. Just do not rely on it for super accurate tracking and you should be fine.

Turtle Beach - Elite Pro Tournament Gaming Headset - ComforTec Fit System and TruSpeak Technology - Xbox One, PS4, PC and Mobile Gaming
Price: $194.89
8 used & new from $165.66

4.0 out of 5 stars Turtle Beach does a really good job with this headset, June 6, 2016
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
. I can only compare this to my old TB headset and my Steelseries Elite headset. This one is very comfortable and has a decent sounding mic. It has deep cups so unless you have super large ears it should be comfortable to wear for long gaming sessions. The cord is ample and long. The -1 star is for the range of the headset. I tried it out with several games and music. To me it had a slightly tinny sound. It may be that with some adjustment with my EQ that I would not have this issue and really it was a minor thing. Overall this is a decent headset that could work well for you for a long time.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jun 8, 2016 5:49 AM PDT

SteelSeries Rival 100, Optical Gaming Mouse - Forged Red
SteelSeries Rival 100, Optical Gaming Mouse - Forged Red
Price: $39.99
35 used & new from $33.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Decent entry level mouse., May 19, 2016
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
Full disclosure: I am a steelseries sponsored gamer. Even though I was given this mouse via Amazon for testing and review, I have the entire line of steelseries products to compare it against.

The Rival 100 is not the top of the line steelseries mouse. It is however a very robust, comfortable and dependable mouse. One of the great features I enjoy is the hardware engine. This software you install allows for pinpoint accuracy and setup. It also allows you to adjust the DPI, assign macro buttons and set the 2 LED colors for the mouse. Be sure you install it when you purchase this mouse.

The Rival 100 is also super dependable. It has taken a ton of abuse from me since it was released last year. I am a claw grip gamer so the sides being bereft of buttons is a boon to me :).

I do wish the mouse wheel had a freespin mode but that is minor.

Overall this is a great mouse for the price and you can expect to get your money out of it over its life.

Thanks for reading my review.

LightHeaded Beds 20343 Montgomery Bed, Twin, Espresso
LightHeaded Beds 20343 Montgomery Bed, Twin, Espresso
Offered by Holidays Sale
Price: $243.51
4 used & new from $199.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Wonderful bed, May 19, 2016
Son loves this bed!
The size is perfect for my 12 year old son. He does not really need a nightlight anymore for security issues. However, he enjoys the light timer. The main use for him is the timer lets him know its time to put down the book he was reading and go to sleep. We have not taken advantage of the free background yet. Hope to soon. We also purchased a memory foam mattress to go with it. The bed itself is sturdy and should hold up until he heads off to school in a few years.
Overall very pleased with the bed!

Sterling Silver Green Mystic and White Topaz Halo Stud Earrings
Sterling Silver Green Mystic and White Topaz Halo Stud Earrings
Price: $44.96

5.0 out of 5 stars Look just like the photo, May 19, 2016
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
Stunning! Gave these to my wife this year. Look just like the photo. Catch the light and sparkle with a real brilliant shine. She loves them and that is something because she has an allergy to most earrings. I was not sure if these would bother her ears, they do not! So, this pair have become one of her most cherished set of earrings.

Furinno Angeland Healthy Sleep Visco Elastic Memory Foam Wedge Pillow, CertiPUR-US Certified
Price: $45.22
14 used & new from $41.15

5.0 out of 5 stars Instrumental in my recovery, May 19, 2016
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I just recently had triple bypass surgery and this pillow has been been instrumental in my recovery. I will turn it like seen here to sleep at night. During the day while on bedrest I will turn it the other way and use it as a backrest against my headboard. It is soft enough to use on its own but I have been using a couple of pillows in front of it for more support for my back.
Overall love this pillow and what it has been doing for me with recovery.

Moen 7240ORB Belfield One-Handle High Arc Kitchen Faucet, Oil Rubbed Bronze
Moen 7240ORB Belfield One-Handle High Arc Kitchen Faucet, Oil Rubbed Bronze
Price: $209.70
2 used & new from $209.70

4.0 out of 5 stars Easy to install box was destroyed during shipping, December 17, 2015
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
This faucet was easy to install. It did come in a completely smashed box. There were no parts missing but one of the plastic flanges was bent pretty badly. Had to warm it up in hot water to reshape it. Reason I mention this in the review is that as shipped to me it was not in an appropriate shipping box. It was, however, shipped in a box that you would find on the shelf in your local big box store. The cardboard was weak and could not hold up to the abuse of shipping.

That being said, it is a Moen, it is high quality and should last us for many years. Super simple installation (if you are comfy with this sort of thing). If not a plumber should not charge too much as it uses very standard parts.

The first image is how the box looked when I opened it. I did not touch anything inside. The parts had been smashing around inside of there for some time. No scratches but the plastic had come off of the main faucet. 2nd pic shows the outside of the box.

Overall the faucet is good quality, and I do recommend it.
Comment Comment | Permalink

UAG Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge Plus Feather-Light Composite [ICE] Military Drop Tested Smartphone Case
Price: $22.99
6 used & new from $22.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Good looking, rugged and as protective as any Edge case can be!, November 26, 2015
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
Love the fit. I included some closeup pics of the fitment of it so that you can see for yourself. It has a nice see through design so that you can show off your phone's color. Feels very rugged in all of the right places. I did not do a drop test because this is my personal phone. Suffice to say the edges look protected well enough. Edge phones of all types will never have perfect protection on the edges due to the bend in the glass. This case looks like it will protect it well enough.

Overall really good looking rugged case for your Edge phone by Samsung!
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Dec 7, 2015 2:29 PM PST