Profile for N. Pierre > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 56

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

N. Pierre RSS Feed (On, Wisconsin!!)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6
Bigelow Sweet Dreams Herbal Tea, Relaxing Blend of Chamomile & Mint, Caffeine Free, 20-Count Boxes (Pack of 6)
Price: $13.92
13 used & new from $13.92

5.0 out of 5 stars Niiiiiiiice....., December 22, 2006
A friend recommended this tea, saying that it basically knocked her out at bedtime. I have two small kids so that really isn't a problem, but I liked the idea of a nice relaxing tea to enjoy during a little quiet time at night.

This tea is wonderful. I brewed it up, enjoying the vapors, then drank it in a leisurely fashion (while watching "Scrubs", but that's neither here nor there). It is very tasty. My cat wanted to eat the teabag in a big way, which was charming. Then she climbed up on my lap to smell my breath, which was just adorable.

I didn't doze off on the couch, which I half-expected based on what my friend had said, but I was verrrry melllooooooow. In a good way. A very good way.

If you love tea but can't drink the caffeinated stuff at night, try this. It is yum.

4.0 out of 5 stars Better than nothing., December 19, 2006
I like these because they are cheap and easy to use. They don't keep all of the grounds out of your cup (unlike the wrap-style disc filters, which are superior and also cost more), but they keep a lot of it out.

The wrap ones cost about twice as much. You can call me cheap if you want, but I thought it was worth mentioning.

Melitta Coffee Filters for Percolators, White Wrap Around, 40-Count Filters (Pack of 12)
Offered by Farm & City Supply
Price: $43.47
2 used & new from $43.47

5.0 out of 5 stars Another brilliant invention, ask anyone who percolates their coffee., December 19, 2006
I have an old, rather beat-up percolator that I bought for $1 from the neighbor lady during a garage sale. It is terrific. Easy to make the coffee, the coffee tastes great and it takes up little counter space. But I would get these grounds in my coffee cup, and I didn't like it.

Enter the percolator filter! These are great, because the grounds really have no where to go. My grocery store used to carry (but have stopped, which isn't good) the disc filters, which just sit under the grounds, but don't wrap around them in any way. So the grounds can still sneak into my cup (though it is better than nothing).

Also these make disposal easy. Just tip your percolator basket thingie (I have a percolator but am clearly not an expert on them) upside down, the filter falls out and you are ready for another pot of joe.

Thank you, Melitta!

Charles Worthington London Smart Fixx Curl Enhancing Cream, 133 ml / 4.5 FL. OZ.
Offered by beautyliciousbeautysupplyandmore
Price: $19.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Really a 3.5, but I rounded up., December 19, 2006
I have mixed emotions about this cream. If I combine it with the exact right product, then I get terrific hair with lots of body and bouncing curls. Alone it gives me some nice curls under a mountain of frizz.

This cream is heavily fragranced, which to some people is not an asset. It happens that I do like the smell and don't wear any perfume that might clash, so I don't mind that part. But consider yourself warned.

The price was pretty good, too, when I purchased it. I got it at a drugstore (okay, Walgreens) for $5 or so.

Stash Tea Chai Spice Black Tea, 20 Count Tea Bags in Foil (Pack of 6)
Stash Tea Chai Spice Black Tea, 20 Count Tea Bags in Foil (Pack of 6)
Price: $14.28
15 used & new from $14.28

5.0 out of 5 stars Totally terrific tea, truly., December 15, 2006
I love this tea. I love the smooth feel of the individually sealed envelopes, I love the red of the box, I love the fragrance as it steeps, and I REALLY love the taste. It is just amazingly good, definitely worth the stained teeth.

Occasionally I will warm up some milk in my mug (filled about halfway, I'd say) and let the teabag steep while the water is getting hot. Once I take the teabag out I just add some sugar and am ready to go.

If you love tea, if you love gently but wonderfully spiced foods - try this. I am very glad that I found it.

Pirate's Booty, Aged White Cheddar, 4-Ounce Bags  (Packaging May Vary) (Pack of 12)
Pirate's Booty, Aged White Cheddar, 4-Ounce Bags (Packaging May Vary) (Pack of 12)
Price: $30.12
11 used & new from $30.12

5.0 out of 5 stars Delicious!, December 15, 2006
I got this snack on a whim. I was grocery shopping while I had the munchies, which we all know is a bad idea, but that sure doesn't stop me more often than I would like to admit. But this, unlike certain others which I won't name, was a good bet. These litte yummy cheese things are terrific. My 3-year-old went nuts for them, too.

They were kind of expensive, but who can put a price on something with such appealing texture and irrestistible flavor? (Not me, obviously!)

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars This stuff is great but very hard to find., December 10, 2006
My dad always swore by this stuff (he suffered from heartburn ALL the time, it seems like) and so we grew up with it in the house. The thing is, it really does work. It doesn't taste very good, and the bubbles are pretty off-putting to a child, but once you drink it you have a few giant burps and voila! The acid seems to be gone.

But why can't I find it anywhere??

4.0 out of 5 stars Perfect for anyone with a latex allergy., October 17, 2006
These condoms are ridiculously expensive, but my husband has a latex allergy, so...

But they work fine (100% protection SO FAR) and feel great. They warm up fast and the amount of lubricant seems to be just right.

If not for the price, it would be a 5/5 stars, no doubt.
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: May 26, 2011 11:24 AM PDT

PG Tips 240ct Tea Bags
PG Tips 240ct Tea Bags
Offered by Spellbound From England
Price: $14.78
9 used & new from $14.70

4.0 out of 5 stars Pyramid is cute, but I wish it had a string., June 24, 2006
This review is from: PG Tips 240ct Tea Bags (Misc.)
I liked this tea. I average a cup a day, and I always use teabags instead of the loose stuff for the convenience factor. Speaking of which, that is my sole complaint about this tea. The bag didn't have a string, which is what I use to drain the last few drops of water from the teabag.

This is minor, I realize. But my tea-drinking is a ritual event. The boiling of the water, the whistling of the kettle, the dunking of the teabag, and finally the squeezing and disposal of the teabag.

Bottom line, though, the tea was yummy.
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Oct 29, 2006 1:48 PM PST

Beauty Shop
Beauty Shop
DVD ~ Queen Latifah
Price: $6.57
264 used & new from $0.01

4.0 out of 5 stars A very fun movie., May 9, 2006
This review is from: Beauty Shop (DVD)
I liked this movie a lot. Yes, it was pretty predictable for the most part, but it made me laugh. Also, the gag reel was a hoot, be sure to check that out.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6