Profile for L. Sanchez > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 70

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

L. Sanchez RSS Feed (Wisconsin)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7
Plum Kids Organic Yo' Drops Berry Blast, 5-Count (Pack of 8)
Plum Kids Organic Yo' Drops Berry Blast, 5-Count (Pack of 8)

4.0 out of 5 stars Delicious But PRICEY, December 15, 2013
These are so delicious! They taste similar to Gerber Graduates Yogurt Melts, Mixed Berry, 1 Ounce (Pack of 7) but these are in pebble form. Unlike the Gerber Yogurt Melts, this product is marketed for OLDER kids. The box states: "This product is intended for children 5 years of age and older."

I love this snack but you should be careful not to overpay. These are definitely kiddie sized servings. Each box contains 5 packs, and each pack only contains about 2 tablespoons of yogurt drops. The drops are pebble sized and some are so small that if I put them in my son's snack bowl (custard cup) he won't even bother eating them.

I posted a picture if you'd like a better idea of the serving size. Check out PRODUCT IMAGES FROM CUSTOMERS.

Plum Kids Organic Yo' Drops, Berry Blast, 1.25 oz
Plum Kids Organic Yo' Drops, Berry Blast, 1.25 oz

4.0 out of 5 stars Delicious But PRICEY, December 15, 2013
These are so delicious! They taste similar to Gerber Graduates Yogurt Melts, Mixed Berry, 1 Ounce (Pack of 7) but these are in pebble form. Unlike the Gerber Yogurt Melts, this product is marketed for older kids. The box states: "This product is intended for children 5 years of age and older."

Comment Comment | Permalink

Green Giant Roasted Veggie Tortilla Chips Garden Ransch 5 OZ (Pack of 8)
Green Giant Roasted Veggie Tortilla Chips Garden Ransch 5 OZ (Pack of 8)

4.0 out of 5 stars Similar to Cool Ranch Doritos, December 15, 2013
These are great; they are crunchy and flavorful. They actually taste similar to Cool Ranch Doritos.

INGREDIENTS:
Whole Grain Corn
Sunflower Oil
Buttermilk Powder
Red and Green Bell Peppers (Dried)

CONTAINS MILK INGREDIENTS

Natural Flavor

YKS Retro Ancient Vintage Rhinestone Gothic Style 4 in1 Ring rings
YKS Retro Ancient Vintage Rhinestone Gothic Style 4 in1 Ring rings

4.0 out of 5 stars Meh - Cute and Versatile and Cheap, November 23, 2013
The rings fit on my ring finger (size 5ish), my index finger, and my thumb. They're too loose for my pinky and too tight on my middle finger. It's definitely a cute and versatile set of rings but the big ones look like something out of a gumball machine. The two thin, hammered looking, understated rings are my favorite of the set. If I told someone how much I paid for it, I'm sure they would not be surprised. Nevertheless, it's a perfectly acceptable piece of costume jewelry considering the price range.

Mixed Color Skull Loose Bead Turquoise Chain Rock Bracelet Fashion Designed
Mixed Color Skull Loose Bead Turquoise Chain Rock Bracelet Fashion Designed
Offered by Yoyome
Price: $3.38
10 used & new from $3.37

2.0 out of 5 stars NOT As Pictured, November 23, 2013
**Check out my PHOTOS in "Product Images from Customers"**

I bought two of these because they were a great price. Unfortunately, they look nothing like the advertised picture which appears to be made of beads that look crackled and aged. The beads I got are bright, shiny and obviously plastic. It sounds like some people lucked out and ordered from shops that were selling bracelets that look exactly like the Amazon photograph. I ordered from Tossell888 and, although it arrived promptly, the items were NOT as advertised.

On the bright side, the elastic that was used to string them seems sturdy enough and they're colorful and fun so I'm sure my niece will still enjoy them. It's just a shame that the advertised photograph is so misleading. Situations like this make online shopping all the more precarious and frustrating.

Bloco Toys Inc Velociraptor and Pterosaur
Bloco Toys Inc Velociraptor and Pterosaur
Price: $19.12
17 used & new from $12.30

3.0 out of 5 stars Great Craft/Decoration; Too Fragile For Play, November 13, 2013
= Durability:3.0 out of 5 stars  = Fun:3.0 out of 5 stars  = Educational:4.0 out of 5 stars
My 4 year old loved helping us put this together! It was a fun family craft. We didn't have enough time to put both together at the same time, so we broke it up into two day projects.

--EASE OF CRAFT--
Naturally, with small hand helping, things take a little longer. But this is part of the fun: our son was able to help organize the parts and punch them out of the sheets and fit pieces together with supervision. This isn't the sort of craft a little one could tackle on their own. I helped him make one dinosaur and then daddy helped him build the other one. There are some variations you could choose for your dinosaur (for example, a different mouth configuration) so there will be leftover parts. According to the description, the idea behind the extra parts is to give your child a chance to mix and match body parts. We threw our extras away because the "play" aspect of the toy didn't suit our child's age. More on that below.

--QUALITY--
The pieces are thick foam (similar to alphabet play matsPlay Mat 26 + Pieces Alphabet Puzzle). The detail pieces like teeth and claws are thinner foam material. The connectors are hard plastic. The materials are more than appropriate for this price range.

--PLAY VS DISPLAY--
If your intention is to use these for play, you may be in for a rude awakening. My son is gentle with his toys but the pieces will fall off during even careful play. This can be incredibly frustrating to a child and just as obnoxious to a parent who has to be called in every five minutes to help find missing legs. I know this from experience because our son insisted on playing with them for a day. Storage will also be an issue because the pieces will be easily lost or crushed or broken in your toy bin.

Your child may be old enough and dedicated enough to follow the directions without help and break down and build every time s/he plays; it comes in a sturdy cardboard box so you can store it and treat it like a complicated puzzle. If your child is young or loses interest quickly in puzzles, I think displaying the craft is a better use of your time and money. Also, fair warning: there are lots more pieces than you would think so if your child is not so great a keeping their toys complete, you should seriously consider this toy for display.

Unfortunately, there are no instructions on the best way to display these dinos. It would be nice if it came with some holes for hanging or a stand of some sort for placing on a bookshelf. Nevertheless, I was able to hang ours with some craft string. My child LOVES seeing his dinosaurs on display. And they make a really cool decoration.

For play, I'd give this toy ONE star for small children. It's easy to put together which means it's easy to take apart! It's just not practical. You're better off sticking to hard plastic dinos that can take a beating.

For a craft and display, however, I give this toy FIVE stars. It was fun to make and it's fun to look at.

************See "Product Images From Customers" for a photo of our dinos on display!************

No Title Available

--CONTENTS--
This project comes in a plastic bag stapled to the cardboard cover that's shown above.

The bag contains 40 strips of tulle, and a stretchy "lined tube top"**
NO ACCESSORIES (the photos show the tutus paired with pins and headbands but they do NOT come with the project)

**"Lined tube top" is an overly generous description. The lining consists of one small piece of stretchy fabric (the type of cheap fabric they make halloween costumes out of) covering less than half of the top. There is not nearly enough fabric to guard against shifting and inevitable wardrobe malfunctions (because, presumably, your child would be running and twirling and moving in this). I would not let my 6 year old niece wear this without a shirt underneath. I thought about adding my own lining but the tutu would be a bit short on her so I thought it would be better if she could just use the "tube top" as a waistband.

--EASE OF CRAFT--
This was a VERY easy project to make; I made two while dinner was in the oven. I had never made a tutu before but the design is so simple and ingenious that I can't believe it took me this long to try my hand at it. I see handmade tutus all over being sold for a pretty penny but this craft is practically fool proof for even the least crafty person out there. I even used the same idea to make a small tutu for a stuffed bunny.

--SIZE ACURRACY--
The package claims that it will fit "Baby up to 6 years old" but, as I mentioned before, as a tutu dress it would be rather short on a 6 year old. My solution would be to use the "tube top" as a waistband and just add a t-shirt or leotard.

--PRICE NOTE/QUALITY--
I picked this up at a closeout store for 2.99. At that price, it was a great deal and I was more than pleased with how the tutus turned out. I do not believe I would have been as happy if I had paid full retail, however. The tube tops are flimsy and the lining is atrocious, but this will make a great addition to the dress up trunk.

I am giving these to my 5 year old niece and I will add pictures later. I'm sure they will make her quite happy.

Tu-Tu Cute No-Sew Kit-Orange And White

Tu-Tu Cute No-Sew Kit-Multi & Pink W/Pink Top
Tu-Tu Cute No-Sew Kit-Multi & Pink W/Pink Top
2 used & new from $18.99

The bag contains 40 strips of tulle, and a stretchy "lined tube top"**

**"Lined tube top" is an overly generous description. The lining consists of one small piece of stretchy fabric (the type of cheap fabric they make halloween costumes out of) covering less than half of the top. There is not nearly enough fabric to guard against shifting and inevitable wardrobe malfunctions (because, presumably, your child would be running and twirling and moving in this). I would not let my 5 year old niece wear this without a shirt underneath. I thought about adding my own lining but the tutu would be a bit short on her so I thought it would be better if she could just use the "tube top" as a waistband.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7