Profile for MarkA > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 3

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

MarkA "VT" RSS Feed (Vermont)

Yoga Beyond Belief: Insights to Awaken and Deepen Your Practice
Yoga Beyond Belief: Insights to Awaken and Deepen Your Practice
by Ganga White
Price: $15.32
76 used & new from $9.31

5.0 out of 5 stars Refreshingly clear, February 11, 2007
I highly recommend this book. It encapsulates Ganga's wisdom and exemplifies the approach he and Tracey take with the White Lotus Foundation. His words cut through to the true heart of yoga....the deep philosophical underpinnings of a practice meant to open us to life....to open us to love...to allow us to think for ourselves and truly make Yoga our own. It is clear...and fresh....and much needed in this time of yoga-hype.

Thank you Ganga..it was worth the wait. :)

Makita DCS54021 21" 54cc Gasoline Powered Chain Saw (Discontinued by Manufacturer)

1.0 out of 5 stars Mark J, May 31, 2005
After reading a glowing review and seeing the price that was being offered for a Makita product. I thought I'd give their chainsaw a try. Their power tools have a pretty good reputation.

What a disappointment! The trigger throttle lock was too sensitive and difficult to manipulate. Would not "set" all the time when trying too initially start the saw. Then once the saw was started when you squeezed the the throttle trigger the engine would "die". Which led me to conclude that the throttle was not "set" properly. I was able to cold start it eventually. But then after a period of use, when I would stop. Refuel and re-oil it, and then try to start up again, the saw was extremely difficult to get started again. With less than an afternoon of usage I finally gave up! Perhaps this particular saw just happened to be a lemon. I use chainsaws quite extensively so I do know how to use them properly.

To Amazon's credit they did refund my money. I am satisfied with Amazon's service at this time.

After receiving my refund I went out and bought a new Husqvarna 455 rancher. Wow! What a product! No comparison whatsoever to my Makita experience. Like night and day.

I know why they tend to be a little more expensive. A great

machine. If you want a good chainsaw thats economical I would

go with a Sears Craftsman. (Believe it or not I have two , and they both work great). If you cut a lot of wood and want

something DEPENDABLE,powerful and durable, I would recommend spending the money and getting a Husky. I have a small Homelite and that is a great saw for the price too!

This is the first time I have ever written a review. I'm

writing this because I felt so strongly about about my negative experience. If you have never owned/operated a chainsaw before I would recommend skipping over a Makita and trying another brand first. I've just noticed recently that not many

of the farmers out here use a Makita chainsaw. Most of them

have Husky's. I think I may know why...............

Union
Union
Price: $13.99
36 used & new from $1.16

5.0 out of 5 stars As good as Devotion, December 29, 2001
This review is from: Union (Audio CD)
I was new to "new age" music when I purchased Rasa's first CD "Devotion." And of all the CD's I own, I kept coming back to that one. I was lucky to stumble across the last copy of "Union" at a local bookstore and I find it to be every bit as good as their first CD. The music is soothing and soulful, and somehow can take you to a different experiental level. I use both CD's in my yoga practice, both privately and in the classes I teach. It is not instrusive and it enhances the meditational aspects of the practice. I recommend it.