Profile for Milk > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 4

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Milk RSS Feed

DOS CABALLOS CIGARS PRESIDENTE HUMIDOR GLASS TOP HUMIDOR, 125 COUNT CAPACITY.
DOS CABALLOS CIGARS PRESIDENTE HUMIDOR GLASS TOP HUMIDOR, 125 COUNT CAPACITY.
Offered by Quality deals for You
Price: $51.99
3 used & new from $49.26

3.0 out of 5 stars The hygrometer is pretty much useless, July 18, 2014
I unfortunately have to give this 3 stars. The hygrometer is pretty much useless. On top of that, the seal around the hygrometer is not ideal.

Duo Tone Nylon SH Shaft - Blue and White
Duo Tone Nylon SH Shaft - Blue and White
Offered by Dart Brokers
Price: $2.96

3.0 out of 5 stars Worst luck ever?, December 2, 2013
I ordered one set of these to try them out. I threw them on my 17g soft tip darts with skinny flights. Threw three darts... worked fine, as expected. Stepped back to the oche to throw again. First 2 darts cclosely grouped in the 20. The third dart went in between the other two already in the board and a mini explosion happened. All 3 flights ended up on the floor. 2 of the shafts had 2 of the four flight holding fingers broken off, but the third was intact.

I'm giving it the benefit of the doubt with the possibility I have the worst luck ever. I do know shafts break as I have been through hundreds of them, but I have never seen anything like this before.

Turtle Beach Ear Force XP400 Dolby Surround Sound Gaming Headset
Turtle Beach Ear Force XP400 Dolby Surround Sound Gaming Headset
Offered by HALF TIME
Price: $127.99
47 used & new from $54.95

3.0 out of 5 stars Big money to be so far from great..., April 18, 2012
Coming from the X41s, I had high expectations of the XP400s.

-Pros-
Surround processing is very accurate and detailed.
Bluetooth wireless chat.
New Dual-band radio eliminates nearly all interference for my setup.

-Cons-
Chat. Others complain it sounds like I'm talking through a coffee can.
Non-replaceable battery.
EQ modes very limited.
Blast limiter seems like it is always enabled, even when turned off.

Product Features

"Dolby Surround Sound - Immersive 360 degree audio lets you pinpoint the direction of every sound"
This it does, and does very well. No complaints here. It even seems improved over the X41's surround processing.

"2.4/5GHZ Dual-Band Wi-Fi - Selects the optimum frequency in the 2.4GHz/5GHz spectrums, virtually eliminating interference"
BIG upgrade over the X41. I used to get tons of interference from the microwave, video baby monitor, wireless... pretty much anything that plugged into the wall. Now I just get an occasional drop out... about once every hour or two.

"Dual-Pairing Bluetooth - Answer mobile phone calls while gaming"
Great feature, albeit unnecessary. Good if you miss calls because your headphones are too loud.
*update 4/27/12 this feature has come in handy and works very well. It is slick being able to answer the phone mid-game and not have to wrestle around with the phone and headset.

"Wireless Xbox LIVE and PSN Chat - Enjoy complete wireless freedom without the need for chat cables"
GREAT idea, but something isn't right. I've seen others mention the thin sound, like in a tunnel. I can hear them fine, they sound great... but they have a hard time understanding me. I've had quite a few friends complain about how I sound. "what's wrong with your mic?" "are you in a tunnel?" "are you chatting through a soup can?" "What did you say???" For this price, this shouldn't happen. I am currently working with turtlebeach to see if it is an isolated case, or just some shortcut they took on the mic itself.
*update 4/27/12 Worked with turtle beach. Did everything they suggested with no improvement. They kindly offered to RMA the boom itself, and I may decide to try it but I don't have much confidence it will change much. I say that based on the many other comments about the chat.

"Rechargeable Battery - Provides up to 15 hours of uninterrupted gameplay and can be recharged while gaming"
This SOUNDS like a great idea, but it has 2 major flaws. If you need to charge while playing, it defeats the purpose of a wireless headset. The charging cable they give you is quite long, so you aren't strapped 4 feet from your 360. Also, at some point, that battery is going to wear out. LiPo (Lithium Polymer) batteries have limited charge cycles. Time will tell the quality of the cells, and what options we will have in the future.

"50 mm speakers; 2.4/5GHz Dual-Band Wi-Fi"
Speakers sound great, read on for my sound complaints.
*update 4/27/12 The sound really is good. It sounds better than the x41s did, as well as better than my sony and sennheiser headphones.

"Digital and Analog inputs as well as a digital optical connection"
Connectivity is simple if you already have an optical audio cable coming from the 360.

"Dolby Surround Sound with adjustable surround sound angles"
This is where I nit-pick. I don't fully understand the point of adjustable sound angles. Dolby surround is VERY specific about ideal speaker placement, and the surround sound processor should stick strictly to that in order to maintain 360 degree, positional sound. See [...] The first surround sound angle option out of the 6 is the one that seems to be set for the correct speaker angles. The other ones all made the sounds to the side and behind seem like they were coming from incorrect angles.

"Dual-pairing Bluetooth - Chat wirelessly on Xbox 360 and PS3 and answer mobile phone calls while gaming"
Already been covered. Cool, possibly useful, but a creature comfort.

"Separate equalizer and stereo expander presets can be combined for different gaming situations"
Once again, This headset loses some points for me. Yes, there are 4 EQ presets. Normal, Treble boost, Bass Boost, and Treble + Bass boost. Here's the problem. The normal mode is very flat. Very little bass. Treble boost is way too bright. almost ear piercing. Bass boost alone is just rumbling. Then the bass and treble boost is the least of 4 evils I guess. Still too much bright and too much bass. There really needs to be a happy medium. Right between normal and bass and treble boost would be ideal.

"Dynamic Chat Boost. Chat volume automatically increases as the game volume gets louder."
This function isn't noticeable, so in my opinion that means it is working. It took a day to really tweak the chat volume level but now that I got a good comfortable setting, it is fine.

"Ear Guard(tm) with Blast Limiter. Limit the intensity of deafening game sounds like gunfire and explosions."
Another great idea, but it seems flawed. I understand they don't want you to blow your eardrums, but it seems like it is always on, even when in the "Off" setting.

All in all, I guess I am happy with them. I don't plan on returning the headset, but I do think you should get a little better bang for your buck. Especially the chat mic sounding horrible. I understand that from a $5 generic chat headset, not a $220 set of high tech headphones.
Comment Comments (10) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Oct 5, 2012 2:36 PM PDT

Premium AccuEvolution 9v NiMH Precharged Low Self Discharge Rechargeable Batteries - camera, wireless, all other use

4.0 out of 5 stars Description isn't detailed enough., December 31, 2010
I was not able to use this battery and had to return it. The specifications do not indicate the max charging current, or quickest charge time. When I received the battery, on the side it said 4hour quick charge max at no more than 60mA. This will not work safely in the Maha PowerEx MH-C490F-DCW Worldwide 9-Volt Battery Charger w/ Car Adapter I have (2 hour, 90mA charger). These specifications are pretty important if you don't want to have batteries explode and possibly burn your house down.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Apr 30, 2012 8:44 AM PDT