Profile for B. Lauer > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 7

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

B. Lauer "transcontinental experience seeker" RSS Feed (Minneapolis)

2 Light Bulb Lamp 1156 BAU15S 12V 13 5050 SMD LED Amber
2 Light Bulb Lamp 1156 BAU15S 12V 13 5050 SMD LED Amber
Offered by boserous
Price: $5.69
3 used & new from $5.68

1.0 out of 5 stars get a beverage instead..., July 29, 2014
I was getting tired of paying Ducati $6 for this tiny little light bulb every time I needed to replace one in my turn signal indicator. though the reviews varied, I figured, why not try it for $6? well, those six singles would have much better served me during a night out on the town! I tried replacing both my rear signal lights...to no avail. they just sat there, cold and lifeless, like a filet waiting to get cooked. I even removed a bulb that was working just fine and...nothing. I can't imagine what I might have done wrong, since there's really only one way to insert these things, and you can't screw up the polarity. I wiggled, jiggled and twisted it. still nothing. next time, I'm gonna keep that six bucks and buy part of a nice, stiff drink...

Quick Cafe Travel Coffee Maker
Quick Cafe Travel Coffee Maker
Offered by Rooten's Luggage Center
Price: $50.00
2 used & new from $42.95

1.0 out of 5 stars STAY AWAY, WEARY TRAVELER, July 29, 2014
so...we ordered one of these, and upon testing it at home for the first time, it burned out and died. just died - didn't work. didn't power up...nothing. honestly it would have been hard to tell given the poor construction quality of the power button and not knowing whether it was pushed in or not. at any rate, we thought to give it a second go - maybe just bad luck first time around. so we got a replacement. that one lasted all of about 5 cups of coffee, and then it died. dead.
suffice to say, I can not encourage you enough to avoid this product. it's poorly constructed, and it has a very finite life span. if it were priced at $5 (what it's really probably worth), then I would have less cause to complain. but at almost $40, this product is pretty much useless unless you like really expensive coffee.

Michelin Green Guide Germany (Michelin Green Guide: Germany English Edition)
Michelin Green Guide Germany (Michelin Green Guide: Germany English Edition)
Price: $21.99

2.0 out of 5 stars not like the real thing..., November 2, 2010
I bought this kindle book based on my experiences with the Michelin Green Guides in paper form, and I have to say, I'm a bit disappointed. All of the write-ups are considerably shorter than in the books, and seriously lack many details that made the paper form so attractive. If you're looking for a general, superficial overview, then this would work well for you. But if you're at all an experienced traveller or someone who wants to know more about a sight or city than the bare minimum, you may wish to look elsewhere.

The Ghosts of Berlin: Confronting German History in the Urban Landscape
The Ghosts of Berlin: Confronting German History in the Urban Landscape
Price: $9.99

4.0 out of 5 stars very interesting read, January 26, 2010
I really enjoyed reading this book. as a fan of berlin, and having visited it first during the cold war, and several times since, it brings an interesting perspective to this city which is always changing, always reinventing itself. not only is the author asking valid questions relating to the history, demolition and reconstruction of numerous berlin monuments but also adds the viewpoint of the berliner mentality in regards to historic validity, often a balance of imperial/nazi/cold war times weighed against current relevance. surely many of the questions and issues raised are asked any time a society is dealing with historic architecture; the fact that berlin has had such a colorful past is what makes this book a compelling read.

Reich at the Roxy
Reich at the Roxy

5.0 out of 5 stars what fun!!!, January 19, 2007
This review is from: Reich at the Roxy (Audio CD)
I was fortunate enough to be at the recording of this performance, and this cd/dvd captures the energy of this show very well! the fact this was recorded at a night club in new york, and all of the performers dressed casually set the stage for a comfortable, intimate experience. the ensemble is placed in the middle of the audience, and the camerawork moves around the group as they are playing, providing varied viewpoints, and some great closeups of the performers. the dts surround recording is also fun - normally I don't really like having instruments in the speakers behind me, but given the way this was recorded and performed, it is a very comfortable extension of the performance. order this one - you'll really enjoy it!

Projects for Prada Part 1
Projects for Prada Part 1
by Rem Koolhaas
19 used & new from $40.00

5.0 out of 5 stars What can Prada be?, May 10, 2002
The other review here is quite good and explains the book quite nicely, so I will try not to be redundant. But I really found this book brilliant from a retail sales standpoint. I once had a professor of music history ask the question, "what can music be?", and this book asks the similar question of "what can shopping be?" Much credit has to be given to Prada for their investment of time and money into projects that really stretch the boundaries of the luxury shopping experience (and thanks to Rem Koolhaas and OMA/AMO for their incredible designs). And to prove that all these concepts are not merely theorized ideas neatly bound in a book, you simply need walk into the Prada SoHo 'Epicenter' store to see what it's all about.

Pool of Radiance: Ruins of Myth Drannor - PC
Pool of Radiance: Ruins of Myth Drannor - PC
Offered by Just 4 Games
Price: $39.95
17 used & new from $2.98

1.0 out of 5 stars if you like action, keep looking..., January 6, 2002
I'll keep it short and sweet...if you've played any other strategy games with battle-oriented sequences, this one will quickly become tedious and boring. The manner in which the turn-based fighting scenes are structured are maddening. NPC interaction is silly, and movement from place to place is poorly implemented. For more fun, go to Baldurs Gate II or something like that. This game is beautiful to look at, but that is really it's only redeeming quality.