Profile for W. Hoyt > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 133

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

W. Hoyt "Pee Wee Shooter" RSS Feed (Southern California)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-14

DVD ~ Rob Freeman
Price: $7.12
63 used & new from $1.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, July 8, 2014
This review is from: The Dead (DVD)
Great slow zombie movie. Excellent graphics and minimal CGI. No shakey camera either. A 5 ☆ slow zombie flick!!

Holmes HTF3303A-BM 33-Inch Tower Fan with Remote Control
Holmes HTF3303A-BM 33-Inch Tower Fan with Remote Control
Offered by Bargain The People
Price: $45.07
4 used & new from $31.13

5.0 out of 5 stars Looks and works great. Moves air tthrough out my house very helpful ..., July 3, 2014
Looks and works great. Moves air tthrough out my house very helpful with a mini split A/C, would order again.

The Woman
The Woman
DVD
Price: $2.99

1.0 out of 5 stars Not sure how I feel about it, just wish I never saw it., May 28, 2014
This review is from: The Woman (Amazon Instant Video)
To be fair everything about it is good except the plot. Cinematography, acting, script, etc. all first class. Just the plot is so disturbing, I think due to the overtones of sexual abuse, molestation, rape, domestic violence, and child abuse. Just too disturbing. Now I enjoy most all of the "Bloody Disgusting Selects" series, this just goes from fantasy to real due to the high quality of the production. I cannot see for the life of me any redeeming value in it. I do not see any hidden message involving women rights even the end. IMHO this movie should never of been made, or at the very least rated X.

The Tale of the Wicked
The Tale of the Wicked
Price: $0.99

5.0 out of 5 stars You probably know by now this is a short story, May 28, 2014
Reminded me of a story I used to read in Asimov's short story monthly mag. Anyone remember the name? It was not just Asimov, it contained several short stores, including a few serial ones. Anyway, another fine read from Scalzi.

Lines of Departure (Frontlines Book 2)
Lines of Departure (Frontlines Book 2)
Price: $4.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Another great read from Kloos, May 28, 2014
Once again we return to the Kloos dystopian universe. Earth's welfare housing is disintegrating, aliens are taking over at will colonies, and earth's nations continue to bicker. Won't spoil the ending, I will just say this is an enjoyable read from cover to cover.

Measures of Absolution (Frontlines)
Measures of Absolution (Frontlines)
Price: $1.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Great, fast, and fun read., May 23, 2014
Back to Detroit and the welfare riots goes the Corporal. The ending looks like there will be a sequel, or a tie in, in the works. All in all a fun read. Not high brow so do not expect any Heinlein or Asimov comparisons.

Nike Men's Free Run+ 2 EXT Running Shoe
Nike Men's Free Run+ 2 EXT Running Shoe
Price: $54.95 - $143.68

3.0 out of 5 stars Mine are not a Nike+ product shoe, no place for sensor pod., May 23, 2014
Also the bright orange shoe laces have to go. Fit is great, and they are super comfortable. Like someone else mentioned there is no spot under either liner for the Nike+ sensor. I will keep them since I own a small thing that attaches the sensor to the shoe laces. I bought direct from Nike with no issues. The price was right since they were on sale at Nike and included free shipping. If I would of bought direct from Amazon I would of kept them anyways, as Amazons price is close to what they are direct from Nike. And with Prime free shipping also.

Zombies Of Love
Zombies Of Love
Price: $8.99

5.0 out of 5 stars German Rock and Roll, May 22, 2014
This review is from: Zombies Of Love (MP3 Music)
It's a wild ride with some really good tunes. I heard them while watching the extras on the Rammbock: Berlin undead DVD. http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B004RBC5T2/ref=oh_details_o00_s00_i00?ie=UTF8&psc=1 Pretty rocking CD. All the tracks are good, really surprised it was this good.

VIZIO S3821w-C0 38-inch 2.1 Home Theater Sound Bar with Wireless Subwoofer
VIZIO S3821w-C0 38-inch 2.1 Home Theater Sound Bar with Wireless Subwoofer
Price: $158.00
78 used & new from $117.68

5.0 out of 5 stars Works as described, May 22, 2014
I just got tired of looking at all my Onkyo home theatre audio equipment and was wanting an easy solution. I have the Yamaha soundbar on the bedroom tv, it sounds great however for some reason it cuts in and out on AMC programs. So thinking it might be a network issue specific to the Yamaha I looked for another solution for the living room.

Like I mentioned I had an Onkyo, subwoofer, center channel, and lft and rt 3.1 setup. All for a 58" Panasonic plasma. Thinking the easy solution would be to order a Panasonic soundbar I went over to Panasonics web site and ordered one. Lets just say they sent me an out of box failure and there CSRs really are not helpful. I contested the charges and sent it back. Then I ordered the Vizio S3821w-CO from Amazon. Should of done that in the first place!!!

Sound is at least as good as the Onkyo, low bass, great mids, and the highs are perfect. The big plus is the loss of clutter. As far as losing out on a radio, I simply cannot remember ever listening to it. That's really the only downside I can think of.

It did include a small optical cable, and a set of RCA cables. The manual was very easy to read and understand. It also came with wall mounting hardware, I use a TV stand and it fits perfect in front of my television.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-14