Profile for Jennifer Peterson > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 3

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Jennifer Peterson RSS Feed

How the Light Gets In: A Chief Inspector Gamache Novel
How the Light Gets In: A Chief Inspector Gamache Novel
Offered by Macmillan
Price: $8.89

5.0 out of 5 stars Louise Penny is a wonderful writer, September 29, 2013
I discovered Louse Penny just a few years ago, and read everything she writes. Her characters are compelling (when Ruth gave up her duck my heart cracked - I woke up my sleeping husband with my crying, and then woke him up again laughing a few minutes later during the wedding dance!). I always feel cleaner after I read her books, as if I have been breathing in crisp, clean Canadian air. I adore Gamache. I am not sure I can pronounce his name though - sorry. Her books are detective stories with passion, poetry and prose. Lovely. Thank you!

In the Shadow of the Banyan: A Novel
In the Shadow of the Banyan: A Novel
Offered by Simon and Schuster Digital Sales Inc
Price: $10.28

5.0 out of 5 stars Moving story, beautifully written, June 2, 2013
I laughed, I cried, I read every word twice. The story was compelling, and the prose was magnificent. I could see everything that happened through a child's eyes. Great book!

Kodak EasyShare Z990 12 MP Digital Camera with 30x Optical Zoom, HD Video Capture and 3.0-Inch LCD
Offered by Get 'N' Go 1
Price: $319.99
17 used & new from $100.00

2.0 out of 5 stars Ok camera with some deal ending flaws, November 20, 2011
I looked at many digital cameras online and read many reviews before making this purchase (thanks to everyone who takes the time to post - it really helps!). I purchased this camera because we had a kodak digital camera in the past and really enjoyed it before it broke. It was VERY easy to use (intuitive design and menus), rugged, and accepts many different kinds of batteries (important for us because we live and work in Africa). We decided on this camera partly because of the batteries, but also because we needed an optical viewfinder and many digital cameras have only the backside viewfinder, which is hard to see in bright light situations. The camera is still easy to use and understand, but there is a HUGE delay between the time you press the shutter and when the camera takes the picture. I have missed hundreds of candid photos because of this. Perhaps someone out there has a solution for this (I will re-read the users guide and see if there is a way out of this)? In the meantime, it makes the camera almost useless for my purposes, and quite a frustrating photographic experience. Sorry Kodak! I wanted to love it, but it is driving me nuts.
Comment Comments (24) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jun 18, 2014 6:15 AM PDT