Profile for Urbano Delgado > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 4

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Urbano Delgado "journeyman instructional designer" RSS Feed (chandler, az usa)

Show Your Work
Show Your Work
by Jane Bozarth
Price: $43.55
34 used & new from $37.17

5.0 out of 5 stars Social Media, Crowd Sourcing.. whatever you call it Show Your Work is amazing PD., June 18, 2014
This review is from: Show Your Work (Paperback)
Last August I went to #EdCampWestTexas in Abilene, Texas. An EdCamp, if you haven't been to one, is an unconference -- a free gathering of educators serving the K-12 space. I learned so much about educational technology and learning/teaching strategies in a few hours. The downside was I had to drive around 500 miles round trip to make it happen.

Show Your Work is like a bunch of EdCamps crammed into a paperback book. I actually have both versions: the paperback edition and the Kindle edition. The paperback looks and feels like a softbound coffee table book. It's colorful and looks beautiful. The pleasure comes from opening it and browsing until something catches my eye.

I have to admit that it took me a while, several weeks in fact, to go through the book. This isn't because it's difficult to read. It's not. It's because, for me, the best way to use Show Your Work is like a cookbook. When, in the course of my instructional design or project management work, I need to a fresh perspective on how to approach something -- ideation basically, I browse the book. The watershed #aha moment came when I got to the part about how to make an RSA-like video. You know, it's the video technique where you see a hand holding a pen rapidly sketching whilst a normally-timed narrative guides you. It's on page 66. Teacher Paul Bogush and his students showed me how it's done. It was easy to do. I've made a couple since and even improved on their process so it better fits my workflow.

Why'd I get the Kindle version when I have the paperbound version? Because the Kindle version fits better on my iPad. It's instantly available when I need inspiration.

You really need Show Your Work. It's given me fresh ideas on doing stuff. I'll still go to EdCamps. But the difference will be that I have more to share thanks to having read and used the book.

@urbie

Video with Adobe Flash CS4 Professional Studio Techniques
Video with Adobe Flash CS4 Professional Studio Techniques
Price: $56.99
64 used & new from $0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars One of life's simpler [and easier to understand and run with] pleasures.., November 3, 2009
I'm an instructional designer working on my phd. I still have a few years to go before I finish but even now it's pretty intense. Of course I have to work while I'm going to school. My niche is elearning: It's all about creating a good experience for learners. Adobe's tools are best-in-class for designing online learning experiences.

I really appreciate Robert's book because it's a nice update to the last version. It helps me keep up with what the technology can do. For example, his piece on H.264 shows me how to take advantage of new stuff like Adobe's dynamic stream switching with Flash Media Server 3.5.

The thing that most influenced my decision to get the book is his writing style. This one's as easy to pick up and put to work as his earlier works on Flash, video workflow, and rich application development. His experience as a Flasher and educator really come through. I think reading Reinhardt's Video with Adobe Flash CS4 Professional Studio Techniques is an effective learning experience.

Way cool.

Adobe Flash CS3 Professional Bible
Adobe Flash CS3 Professional Bible
Price: $35.25
79 used & new from $0.07

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, again, November 13, 2007
I've been buying The Flash Bible since Flash 4 was the current version. I continue to believe that it is the best Flash book out there. I teach Flash at a community college and recommend it as a desktop reference for my students. I especially like two things about the book. First, I like the updates covering user-interface changes from Flash 8. This is very important to my students, since we continue to use the previous version of Flash in the class. It helps them transition to CS3 more easily. I also like the new chapter on scripted animation; it has helped me understand the copy motion as actionscript 3.0 command. I'm developing a workshop from the book that I'll be doing for companies whose creative staff are making the jump to CS3. They're going to love using Reinhardt's book.

Adobe Flash CS3 Professional Video Studio Techniques
Adobe Flash CS3 Professional Video Studio Techniques
115 used & new from $0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars This is the one resource you absolutely need for Flash video production, August 30, 2007
I use Flash to produce online learning applications. The major trend for course development today is to engage the learner; put another way, a good course uses a context familiar to the learner so that they can readily identify with what they are learning. An excellent way to do this is through video. Robert's Flash CS3 Professional Video Studio Techniques is as good a learning tool as it is a production reference. By the end of the book you will be able to produce and deploy video using Flash.

The book begins by guiding the reader through an overview of the video production process. There is something there for everybody, from the newbie to the experienced multimedia developer. I found the sidebars to be an excellent resource; there are notes and tips. Notes provide additional details on something in the main text while tips offer workflow or process information. Other chapters in the book deal with individual steps of the Flash video production process, from video capture and compression to building a player and making informed deployment decisions.

The book comes with a DVD that includes over 7 GB worth of samples, video, classes, tools, and more.

I teach Flash at a community college and plan to wrap a Flash video production course around Robert's book. It's that good. [...]