Profile for C. Coburn > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 8

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

C. Coburn "GreytMuse" RSS Feed (DFW, TX)

Designer Holborn Cotton Handbag with quilted Flap -
Designer Holborn Cotton Handbag with quilted Flap -

2.0 out of 5 stars Beautiful but broken., June 28, 2013
This is a great looking bag-- it's a good size and is made of a lovely brown tweedy fabric, but unfortunately the outside zipper was broken when it arrived. It is completely jammed, with gaps in the teeth, so it is unfixable and unsightly. I am very disappointed.

Everest Luggage Canvas Messenger, Khaki, Khaki, One Size
Everest Luggage Canvas Messenger, Khaki, Khaki, One Size
Price: $20.34
11 used & new from $18.03

5.0 out of 5 stars Exceeded my expectations!, January 20, 2013
This bag has quickly become my favorite, replacing my purse for day-to-day use. I plan on ordering the charcoal while the price is still low. I purchased the khaki color, which seems to be a little paler or lighter in person than the picture on this website. I actually like it better than the picture! This is not the bag to get if you want a huge book bag for a lot of notebooks or textbooks, but you can fit a few spirals or small/thin texts just fine. Be aware of the bag's dimensions before ordering.

The construction is sound; I have seen no loose or missing stitches in the body of the bag, the pockets, the straps or the velcro.
The strap is long enough for me to wear below my hips/top of my thigh, and I am 5'6" tall.
There are 2 pockets under the flap that are small and velcro closed (one on top of the other) and an open pocket beside them that holds my small day planner (4x6). I fit my Android into one of the front pockets that velcros closed, and mints and gum into the other. I don't use the ID window that is sewn onto the open pocket. I really, really like the assortment of pockets -- they definitely set this bag above most other inexpensive "big open hole" canvas bags. There is an open area behind the pockets that is the depth and length of the bag, and this is where my receipts and loose paper bits usually end up. There is also a zippered pocket inside the main compartment. I haven't found a use for that...yet!

I highly recommend this bag! It's casual, functional, and economical. :)

CaseCrown Bold Standby Case (Green) for Amazon Kindle Fire Tablet (Not Compatible with Kindle Fire HD 7)
2 used & new from $15.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect!, December 21, 2012
I waited a few weeks to rate this product because of a few concerns.

When I first put my Kindle Fire into the case, it was an extremely tight fit and the cover would not close flat. That bothered me a lot, but I decided to keep using it and see if it changed after some use. I am pleased to report that the case now closes all the way and the fit is just right. It just needed some time to stretch a bit. I love the color (bright lime green) and enjoy the ability to use the stand if I want a hands-free experience.

I highly recommend this product and this seller.

Knighthorse: Books One and Two
Knighthorse: Books One and Two

5.0 out of 5 stars A very pleasant surprise!, December 21, 2012
I just finished the first two books featuring football-sensation-turned-detective Jim Knighthorse and I am eager to start the third book today! My expectations for Kindle novels are usually fairly low, and these stories completely took me by surprise.

The author has created a very credible main character, flawed and very human, but always striving to do the right thing by his clients and his loved ones. Jim's conversations with God are fascinating, and one of my favorite parts of the story. The plot lines are clear and easy to follow, the dialogue flows smoothly and the people and situations Jim encounters are completely believable.

I highly recommend this book and sincerely hope that more Jim Knighthorse books follow quickly!

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars A great mid-sized bag!, December 7, 2012
I bought the gray bag to use on my commute to clinical rotations at a hospital. I take the train so I needed something secure, lightweight and not too large. This bag fits the bill perfectly. The back has a padded, zippered compartment for a laptop, but I use that area for my 1.5" storage clipboard and 2 folders with study materials. The front pouch compartment holds my makeup bag, wallet, kindle, phone and snacks and still has quite a bit of room left over. The strap is very long (a good thing) and the strap pad is removable, which is nice when you are adjusting the strap. I predict that this bag will get more use than just commuting -- I may buy the pink just to give myself options!

Satchels New York 5170RS Small Cream/Burgundy Tote Bag
Satchels New York 5170RS Small Cream/Burgundy Tote Bag
Offered by Planet Trinity Worldwide
Price: $19.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Very pleased!, March 29, 2012
This satchel arrived today and I am very pleased with all aspects of it. It is made of heavy, durable off-white canvas; the solid straps and vertical stripes (also canvas) are deep red, and not the brownish color that the photo shows. The bottom of the bag (outside) is also the deep red canvas. The interior has one side zip pocket, and the lining fabric is a matching striped burgundy and cream color. Overall, for the price, this bag will fit my needs perfectly! Not too big and not too small!
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Dec 7, 2012 1:53 PM PST

Dogalog
Dogalog
by Bruce Fogle
Price: $15.45
136 used & new from $0.01

1.0 out of 5 stars Greyhound Ignorance!, February 9, 2008
This review is from: Dogalog (Paperback)
The Greyhound information is way off base in this publication! I have owned greyhounds for over 11 years and can tell you that Fogle does not know this breed. Greyhounds CAN be good companions to children, CAN live in urban areas with no problem, do NOT require vast amounts of exercise, and are NOT suitable for outdoor living in most climates. What a disappointment this book is! Save your money and find a better book.

Grizzly Salmon Oil All-Natural Dog Food Supplement in Pump-Bottle Dispenser, 32 Ounces
Price: $22.49
16 used & new from $22.49

5.0 out of 5 stars Good price, good results!, February 9, 2008
Amazon has the best price I have found for Grizzly Salmon oil.

Both of my Greyhounds and my Golden Retriever have shown improved coats and skin with this product, after using it once a day (3 pumps for large dogs)for 1 month. All 3 have much softer hair and their dry skin has all but disappeared. The greyhounds actually have grown in more hair on their stomachs and thighs.

The oil is convenient to use and the 32 oz size would last 1 large dog approximately 3 months. All 3 enjoy the taste and the smell is not that offensive at all - very mild! The product also has omega 3s and 6s, so there is a heart-healthy benefit as well.