Profile for PhatPat > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 4

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

PhatPat RSS Feed (Lebanon, OH USA)

KEEN Men's Newport H2 Sandal
KEEN Men's Newport H2 Sandal
Price: $58.80 - $142.99

3.0 out of 5 stars Good shoe but too small, May 22, 2014
I bought these Keen's to replace an old pair of Newport 1st editions, which I loved. I bought the same size as the old shoe. I could not fit my foot into this sandal to save my life.

The Keen good manufacturing quality and comfort seem to be there, despite the "Made in China" label. I will be returning these and trying a half-size up. I called Keen directly and a helpful voice I could understand assured me this was the first time she heard the complaint. She did suggest ordering a half-size up. We'll see if that works. If not I'll have to look for the old Newport style.

As always, it is a pleasure being across the river from the Amazon distribution center. Goods get to me quickly! :)

Klein Tools 32477 10-in-1 Screwdriver/Nut Driver
Klein Tools 32477 10-in-1 Screwdriver/Nut Driver
Offered by Home Network Supply
Price: Click here to see our price
77 used & new from $12.45

5.0 out of 5 stars This Klein Screwdriver is Outstanding!, November 29, 2010
I have owned this multi-bit screwdriver for about two years now. It is a great all-around tool. I have used about every bit on it. I have used at least one if not both nut driver ends. It is sturdy and built in the U.S.A. I keep it alongside my 90+ piece Craftsman tool set. Other times I keep it in a kitchen drawer for tightening doorknobs, repairing/assembling toys, etc, etc. It is great!

Colossal Red Dragon (Dungeons & Dragons Icons)
Colossal Red Dragon (Dungeons & Dragons Icons)
Offered by M and N Media
Price: $481.69
8 used & new from $149.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Colossal Red Dragon is Magnificent, September 25, 2006
The Colossal Red Dragon is nothing short of magnificent. The translucent red wings drape over the sides of the 6" x 6" colossal base. The dragon stands poised and ready to breathe well-sculpted resin flames down upon its miniscule prey. It stands over 13" tall from top of base to top of head spikes.

The CRD sports a hefty 800 hit points and a 32 armor class in D&D miniatures mode. It will add 1000 points to your army total. It has everything any self-respecting Great Red Wyrm would want, including a breath weapon and spells.

The cool thing about the dragons (both Colossal Red and Gargantuan Black) is their attack activations in miniatures mode. The dragon can activate 8 times per combat round (no more than two per "phase"). Each activation gets a "counter" to remind you the dragon has used that attack in the round. Writing from memory...the CRD can move, bite, claw, breathe, move and claw, tail sweep, crush, or something like that. For each 100 hp the CRD loses it loses one activation. (So, in the first activation phase it could bite and tail sweep, then breathe and move on the second, crush and move/bite on the third, etc).

The dragon includes a nice (although not tourney legal) battle mat - a fiery lair of course. Suggested scenario: Two 500-point armies battle the 1,000 point dragon to the death.

I'll leave the rest of the surprises and the exact details for those others who purchase the dragon. It is mighty. It is Colossal.

Carcassonne
Carcassonne
Price: $34.99
30 used & new from $13.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Carcassonne - the best game in years, July 19, 2003
This review is from: Carcassonne (Kitchen)
Carcassonne is the best strategy-based board game I've ever played. It's actually composed of about a hundred square tiles featuring roads, cities, farmland, and cloisters. Deploy your small number of settlers to take over each of these features, scoring points for their completion. Score points for your farmers and all your incomplete roads, cities, and cloisters in the end.
The game works great for two players as well as the maximum 5 players (six with the first expansion) or anywhere in between. The games are varied every time I've played (about 30-40 times so far).
This game is the most addicting game I've played since Magic: the Gathering was released 10 years ago. Try it and soon you will be scrambling to purchase the two available expansions - one with Big Settlers and new tiles and one with Builders & Traders.
The average rating for the durability is a result of the cardboard tiles. If you play a game enough times you'll likely wear out anything made of cardboard over time.