Automotive Holiday Deals Books Gift Guide Books Gift Guide Shop Men's Athletic Shoes Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon Prime Music Sweepstakes egg_2015 All-New Amazon Fire TV Grooming Deals Gifts Under $50 Amazon Gift Card Offer cm15 cm15 cm15 $30 Off Amazon Echo $15 Off All-New Fire Kindle Voyage Cyber Monday Sweepstakes in Prime Music Outdoor Deals on Tikes
Profile for Katie-Bell > Reviews

Katie-Bell's Profile

Customer Reviews: 77

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Katie-Bell RSS Feed (Georgia, USA)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8
Rerack Dishwasher Rack Repair - White 630076
Rerack Dishwasher Rack Repair - White 630076
Price: $6.28
25 used & new from $5.00

1.0 out of 5 stars Toxins a safety concern, April 23, 2015
I have to agree with other low star reviewers about the safety of this product. It wasn't until I got home to read the directions that I saw how highly toxic it is. I am more concerned for the health of my children than anything. If something like this is so highly toxic then I am very wary about applying it to a rack where my family's dishes are cleaned. I also noticed a white residue after rinsing it a couple of times. If it's that toxic I don't want any white residue coming off and getting onto my dishes. Be warned that the bottle itself states the toxins inside have been known to cause cancer in the state of California as well as birth defects, and can be fatal if swallowed. We decided to go buy a new dishwasher instead.

While the paint seems to hold up fine itself so far, this safety concern troubles me and that is why I do not recommend the product. For something that is supposed to coat your rack to cover up what I thought was a health concern (rust) this bothers me even more.

I could not apply two coats. The amount of rust I had used almost one bottle and there are still spots where the rust is not completely covered up.

KidKraft Farmhouse Table & Chair Set
KidKraft Farmhouse Table & Chair Set
Price: $117.95
20 used & new from $113.16

4.0 out of 5 stars Not the best but it's cute and my son sits at it ..., February 8, 2015
This is a cute set. The table does seem to wobble a little and the chairs seem a little small. Not the best but it's cute and my son sits at it fine.

Gund MeMe Monkey Pink Small Plush Figure
Gund MeMe Monkey Pink Small Plush Figure

5.0 out of 5 stars I was fortunate enough to get a blue monkey from babies r ..., February 8, 2015
I was fortunate enough to get a blue monkey from babies r us over two years ago. Since then I can't find them but my son absolutely loves his "monkey baby". He sleeps with it every night. I have had to wash it several times but lay it out to dry and it's fine. You can't go wrong with this plush. It's adorable, soft and just the right size to sleep and cuddle with.

Sony Walkman E-340 Series 8 GB Video MP3 Player - Red (NWZ-E344)
Sony Walkman E-340 Series 8 GB Video MP3 Player - Red (NWZ-E344)
Offered by Discontinued Bargains
4 used & new from $46.00

5.0 out of 5 stars A great MP3 player for the classy user, January 13, 2014
I got this mp3 player almost 4 years ago and it's still working fine. I don't care for ipods and other fancy music players. I also don't have more than 4,000 songs I want to put on this player, so to me having the biggest GB isn't a concern. I currently have 1,193 songs but that number is increasing. Having said that, there is still a lot of memory on this device. It's proven to be very durable over time and has obviously lasted a good while.

The battery isn't terrific. I probably listen to it about twice a week, maybe about 3 hours a week tops, but still find myself plugging it in to charge often. It could be due to the wear on it, though, and sitting around when unused. The playlist feature is a bit frustrating and annoying. You can't create a playlist on the MP3 itself, but through the files via a computer, which is a little annoying.

Overall a good MP3 player. If you don't care for touchscreens or anything new in the tech world, and want something classy, go with this.

Savage Seamless Background Paper, 53" wide x 12 yards, Ocean Blue, #36
Savage Seamless Background Paper, 53" wide x 12 yards, Ocean Blue, #36
Offered by K&M Camera
Price: $39.94
5 used & new from $25.00

5.0 out of 5 stars beautiful background, January 13, 2014
Used this for my son's cake smash photoshoot. Great color, easy to use, although it's easy to see greasy prints from icing on it.

NCAA Georgia Bulldogs Embossed Genuine Cowhide Leather Trifold Wallet
NCAA Georgia Bulldogs Embossed Genuine Cowhide Leather Trifold Wallet
Price: $19.99
6 used & new from $16.99

5.0 out of 5 stars great wallet, January 13, 2014
This was a gift for my spouse. He loved it. It wasn't as nice as his other Georgia wallet but it does look and feel nice.

HTC Wildfire S A510e Unlocked Phone with Android 2.3.3, 5 MP Camera, Wi-Fi, GPS and Bluetooth - Unlocked Phone - No Warranty - Silver/White
2 used & new from $128.00

1.0 out of 5 stars Worst phone I've ever owned, January 13, 2014
I'm not one to go for the big fancy phones, so when I got this back in the summer of 2011 it was small and compact. It was just the right size to slip into my pocket, though bulky once I got the rubber case for it (it's slippery otherwise). But even for someone like me who appreciates the smaller phones, I know a crappy phone when I see one.

Oh how I hate this phone. Despite the fact that it's survived a drop in water, been thrown to the floor by my toddler countless times, thrown against the wall in anger, and is still going after two years is actually pretty impressive. But don't let it's durability get to you. It's the most frustrating phone I've ever owned. Let me make a list of all the things wrong about this phone.

-First and foremost, is the memory, or should I say LACK of memory? This was the first phone I ever owned that actually had apps on it. And yet I could never hold more than two or three on this phone. The internal memory is so awful that I have to delete updates from running software that I don't use but can't be deleted just to get some memory in order to get into my pictures to delete them so I can get MORE memory. I have NO apps on this phone. I only use it for internet (which can't be accessed if the memory gets too low, in which I have to clear more space), pictures (which starts to be too much for the memory at about 72 pics) and talking and texting. Bottom line, the memory SUCKS. If you want a smaller, older phone but want apps, DON'T get this.

-Battery. This phone has gone through two chargers, and after two years will no longer charge all the way anymore. My battery is almost dead by evening. I usually always have to plug it into its charger at least once a day after it's charged all night. It's horrible.

-Texting. I'm used to texting fast, but this phone doesn't seem to be able to be at the same pace as me. I use the predict text because I'm so used to it, and if I didn't, I'd be texting twice as long because the letters are too small and I end up hitting another letter next to the one I meant to hit, so I use predict text. If you text too fast it'll gives some pretty strange words, such as "dAOding" and random crap like that. The predict text needs to take some english classes, it doesn't know the proper usage for sentences. Ex: using "were" when I'm trying to say "we're" and vice versa. Texting on this phone will give you a headache, and will easily turn your 1 minute of texting into a 5 minute anger fest as you try to text the right thing.

-Camera. The camera was good when I first got the phone, but wear has no doubt made it fuzzy, foggy, washed out, etc. It takes decent pics but if you're looking to capture some heartfelt moments with friends or family, don't use the camera.

-Cases, or lack of. I had three other family members who owned this phone when it came out, and none of us could ever find a case for it, because there basically weren't any. A couple of cellular places in the mall had some, in a box under the counter. I had a choice between three cases and went with the ugly black rubber one because it was the only one that would protect my phone. And, well, the case actually has served its purpose, and because of the rubber case it's actually expanded the life of this phone. So if you do, for whatever reason, get this phone, don't count on finding a decent case for it.

-I don't know about others, but this phone will randomly go white and the HTC logo will come up, as if it's just crashed. Phone has to be restarted regularly to function better.

Overall, this phone just isn't worth it. If you don't care for apps, if you'd rather just browse internet and take a few pics now and then, then you might want this phone. But if you're an avid internet surfer, you may want to look elsewhere. The horrible memory and battery life will have you thrashing this phone against the wall before you know it.

The Raging Quiet
The Raging Quiet
by Sherryl Jordan
49 used & new from $0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars A treasure I read over and over, September 9, 2013
This review is from: The Raging Quiet (Hardcover)
I read The Raging Quiet back when the young adult/teen section in bookstores wasn't as big as it is today. I picked it up, attracted to the cover and romance of the summary. I have read it countless times and each time I can't seem to put it down. I love Sherryl Jordan's books, she is truly a remarkable young adult writer who blends classic romances with fantasy themes. And that, I adore.

The Raging Quiet is very well put together, but the story does has its cliches, flaws and minor annoyances. As with most of my book reviews, I'll explain my Pros and Cons of the story, starting always with the Cons.

-Marnie is the main character, and she is a pretty strong heroine, but she becomes increasingly annoying as the story progresses. Father Brannan gives Marnie too much credit when he tells her she's wiser than he is, and I get it, but Marnie isn't as wise as he thinks. Marnie may have a decent amount of common sense to know people are different and don't need to be punished for it, unlike the ignorant villagers of Torcurra, and she may be hard pressed to do things herself, but Marnie also lacks in thinking things through thoroughly. She shows us just how ignorant she was to the law by marrying Raven at the end, then going to Pierce Isherwood to sell her house, which no longer belonged to her since she just got remarried. What's worse, though, about that part, is the fact that Father Brannan did not have enough sense to tell her to sell her house first, then marry, seeing as he himself boasted about knowing about laws. Marnie doesn't listen to Father Brannan when he warns her of how the villagers are, which is ultimately what dug her into the predicaments that went on in the story, with the witch trial. Marnie honestly has no one to blame but herself for what went on. I understand the theme of the story, about how being different can wield a lot of hate, but Marnie hurdles herself into danger, almost aware of the risks, and then shocked at the consequences. She doesn't think things through before doing them, such as letting a half naked/fully naked teenager sleep in her house, then dancing naked with him later on. Marnie becomes annoying when she visits her mother with Raven, and after Marnie and Dedra's argument, prompting her to leave, we're expected to side with Marnie. However, I can't exactly say I don't agree with Dedra. Marnie did flirt with Isake Isherwood, she agreed to marry him to help her family out, he died and she became a widow, then only a couple of months later she is visiting her family and village with another boy. She then gets drunk and dances with Raven, and also jokingly starts her own rumor about being pregnant and Isake dying from shock because she left it. Then, later on, she expects her mother to accept everything that's happened without recoil. It's typical of a sixteen-year old to act this way, so that isn't what bothers me. It's the fact that we are supposed to side with Marnie. It was wrong of Dedra, in our eyes, to cast out her daughter, but also, it was wrong of Marnie to make herself appear so cheap and loose. But Marnie doesn't seem to care about the image she gives people, even if it means hurting the people that love her. In this, I have to say that I find Marnie annoying and disrespectful. Of course it's okay to be different, but you don't have to go about it in such a way that it makes you look bad to everyone else. Marnie is not liked by most people because she handles situations awkwardly or completely wrong to begin with. It isn't that I don't like Marnie, I do, but she can become rather bothersome at times, but the thing I have to keep reminding myself of is that Marnie is only sixteen, and she obviously is still a little immature, and let's not forget how teenagers think they're invincible and capable of doing everything themselves!

-What bothers me more than anything in this story is how neither Marnie or Father Brannan tell the villagers that Raven is deaf, that he simply cannot hear, and that Marnie uses hand words to talk to him. Even if the villagers don't believe them, instead of Marnie ignoring them every time they accused her of witch craft, she could have at least told them something along the lines of, "He can't hear, so we use signals to talk. That's why he has angry outbursts in the village, because he can't understand anyone". It's explained to everyone else except for the villagers and Pierce Isherwood.

-Father Brannan was not very well developed, in my opinion. His character was okay, but I felt he was more there for actual dialogue support, to give the italics between Marnie and Raven a break, but his character did work into the plot very well, obviously. The one thing that bothers me is how nice he is to Marnie and how cold he can be to the other villagers. Which, I don't blame him, the villagers are pretty stupid, but for someone to get an earful (from Marnie) about how to treat others, then put up with Raven, he talks bad about his congregation to Marnie a lot. He even punches one of them in the face for talking bad about Marnie. Why would a priest do that? I understand he's pretty laid back, and I do like that about him, but he's a little too open-minded for a priest in a witch trial era. Father Brannan was a side character only, to make things right for Marnie: he gave her food and supplies, he made it so that Pierce Isherwood wouldn't get her house or land, he apparently knew a lot about laws, he gave her a boat, he told her about the ring. He was the character that made everything in the story right. Without him, Marnie would be dead. I'm not saying I don't like his character, it just felt at times like he was only there to progress the story.

-This story is pretty authentic, and seems to reflect that of how things no doubt were in the witch trial days. It also explains customs and even some old traditions, which I love.

-I love how Jordan captures the beauty of nature and love. We don't have to have riches in order to be happy and she does well to emphasize the humbleness of those less fortunate and worthy.

-The details in the story were short and sweet, and I love reading about the ocean spray on the beach, or how Jordan explains catching fish. She does it so well.

-Raven is the most remarkable character in this story, by far. His anger is hard, at first, to understand, but then when you imagine not being able to hear, I imagine it would get rather frustrating. The determination he has to constantly learn is admirable and his ability to feel and sense emotions is so real. His character, above anyone else's, should understand emotion, because for half his life it's all he's had to go on, body language and the way people react to him. A frown, angry face, snarl, shout, smile, laugh. When I look at it from this perspective, and then read about Raven being able to know when something is wrong, I like that.

just an added note, this page says it's for ages 12 and up, but I feel it should be around 13/14 and up, as it deals with sex, nudity and drinking. This book was written nearly thirteen years ago, though, and I know the young adult age has changed, what with the popular teen books out now. If you're a parent and don't want your child reading anything with sex in it, I'd save this book until they're older, but it's still a good book so please don't avoid it altogether!

Overall, The Raging Quiet is a favorite of mine, and has been on my top shelf for years now. Though it has minor flaws, it still is a wonderful read, one I will treasure forever.

EatSmart Precision Digital Bathroom Scale w/ Extra Large Lighted Display, 400 lb. Capacity and "Step-On" Technology [2014 VERSION] - 10,000+ Reviews EatSmart Guaranteed Accurate
Offered by EatSmart Products
Price: $39.95
31 used & new from $26.70

5.0 out of 5 stars Great scale for a great price, August 6, 2013
I wanted a new scale because my old one kept giving me readings I knew were off. This scale seems accurate, however, and it's way easier because all you do is step on. It's also convenient that there is an LCD light so that you don't even have to flip the lights on to see your weight. So far so good. I recommend this to anyone who wants a good scale for a good price and anyone trying to lose weight. It also comes with a measuring tape to measure your bust, waist, hips, etc. Overall good product.

Urban Skintrition Prevention-Aid to fight Stretch Marks- 4 oz. /118 ml with Enhanced Shea Butter + Natural Botanical Extracts + Vitamins + Collagen Repairing Peptides (Paraben-free)

4.0 out of 5 stars Whether it helps get rid of stretch marks or not, it's a good cream, July 19, 2013
I only used this cream on my stretch marks for about 2 weeks before stopping completely, so I can't say how it is with stretch marks. My stretch marks aren't as red as they used to be but I don't think that's due to this cream seeing as I haven't used it in months. However, it is a very good cream and moisturizes your skin all day long. If women are pregnant or women in general are looking for a good cream that makes your skin feel good, go ahead and get this. Only things I recommend is to not put too much on. Like others have said, a little bit goes a long way, and if you put it on, do it after you shower, as it doesn't need to come off after you've applied it. It stays on for a good long while.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8