Automotive Holiday Deals Books Gift Guide Books Gift Guide Shop Women's Cyber Monday Deals Week Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon Prime Music Sweepstakes egg_2015 All-New Amazon Fire TV Beauty Deals Gifts for Her Amazon Gift Card Offer mithc mithc mithc  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 Kindle Voyage R6 Siege Outdoor Deals on bgg
Profile for sweetiebabe05 > Reviews

sweetiebabe05's Profile

Customer Reviews: 11

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

sweetiebabe05 RSS Feed

Page: 1 | 2
Fitbit Wireless Activity/Sleep Tracker, Black/Blue
Fitbit Wireless Activity/Sleep Tracker, Black/Blue
Offered by DiscountOutletForSure
Price: $249.99

3.0 out of 5 stars Had it 1.5 years and then battery failure, June 24, 2013
I loved my Fitbit more than anything. I took it everywhere. People would always ask me what it was and I was more than happy to explain it. I love the website, I don't know why people complain about the site. I love being able to see my activity throughout the day. I work at 2 theme parks in the Orlando area and I can look at my activity log throughout the day and I can tell exactly where I was and what I was doing. The added bonus of it tracking stairs is probably my favorite part of it and its extremely accurate at that. I'd make extra trips up and down the stair to stock things just to increase my stairs for the day. I am a huge advocate of this this. Seriously I loooooooved it!! I wore it religiously for a year and a half. I'd just hook it on my bra and go. I never cared too much for the sleep cycle part because I don't like being reminded that I only got 3 hours of sleep or so the night before but if you're into that then its good at that too. I have absolutely no complaints it does what its supposed to do and it does it well. My favorite thing was that it reset itself at midnight which was great because I'm always too lazy to reset steps on a regular pedometer, minus the fact that most of my steps happen after 2am because I work at Magic Kingdom and it has some crazy hours, I only wished I could have set it to my own sleep schedule but that's a tiny thing.

It had its own little leash and tether so I made sure never to lose it. So this review isn't a tale of how I loved and lost it..oh no...I still have it, its sitting right next to me. Like I said I work at 2 theme parks some days I walk 25,000-30,000 steps and its perfect at recording that. The battery would last forever at first, it seemed I never had to charge it. I'd just sit down by the computer after a long day at work and it would just sync and I'd check my stats. Then suddenly and I mean suddenly after it was a year old I started noticing I'd have to charge it more often. I was still getting 3 or 4 days out of it even though its supposed to go a week between charges. Next thing I knew I was charging it every other day and before I knew it, it wouldn't even make it a full day without dying on me. I'd be so excited after walking for 12 hours to see my stats only to check my fitbit and it had died around step 9,000. The steps before the battery died were still saved and synced up but everything after that died.

I contacted their customer support and they were great, they gave me tips on how to fix it, treated me like I didn't know what I was doing but all tech support does that and they were extremely nice about it. The only problem was that it was of course past its 1 year warranty. I get it, I understand but it just really bugs me that it only lasted a little over a year!! The thing was $100!! I only just finished paying it off 4 months ago (I put it on a credit card, I was a poor college student). Its battery just went out so suddenly and there's nothing I can do about it. No replacements, nothing. The year I had with it wasn't worth $100 maybe $50 in my mind. I did manage to lose 20 pounds with the help of it. I did love it. I never lost it...but I might as well have.

The best I can do now is wear it only to the gym since it only works about 3 hours, if even. I'm not saying don't buy it...who knows maybe they've changed it with the Fitbit One. I'd love to have the Flex but work doesn't let us wear anything on our wrists and I'd look pretty dumb wearing that everywhere I go in the first place. The Zip seems pointless, more like an expensive pedometer since it doesn't track stairs. Time will tell if I decide to buy another. I understand that those kind of batteries don't last forever but I have a 10 year old iPod that I can still get 8 hours of music out of. Sooooo....I guess you could say I'm really disappointed. I feel almost naked without it. I'm going to look at my other options and see what I end up with.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jun 30, 2013 9:00 AM PDT

Mouseschawitz - My Summer Job of Concentrated Fun
Mouseschawitz - My Summer Job of Concentrated Fun
Price: $0.99

1.0 out of 5 stars Exaggerated bogus crap --take it from someone who knows, May 25, 2013
Let me preface this review by saying that I work for said mouse and also at another theme park whose main appeal involves a wizard with John Lennon glasses. So I don't put it lightly when I say that I know there are some crazy things that happen while working in theme parks. However, this book was the most exaggerated piece of crap I've ever read. I can't even call it a book, it took me 10 minutes to read it. Disney would never allow the things in this book to happen. For instance...20 cast members leaving their positions to go up in the controls booth to watch some fat people on a ride, never. They'd be termed so fast they wouldn't know what hit them. This book is so exaggerated that it might as well be a work of pure fiction, not even good fiction. I'm absolutely appalled, really. I would hate to think that any person would think that this is how Disney really is on the inside. Or how cast members really think. Sure we have our gripes about things but...ugh this book is just so ridiculous! Her character auditions were nothing like how they are in real life at all but that's beside the point. I hate that I wasted $3 on this. I hate that anyone did or ever will. Working at Disney or any theme park is an amazing experience where you'll make friends for life and have hundreds of wonderful and funny memories to share but when it comes to what is written in this book, this book is full of exaggerated bogus crap. I'd give it less stars but Amazon won't let me.

The Dark Side of Disney
The Dark Side of Disney
by Leonard Kinsey
Price: $11.87
42 used & new from $6.77

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome read but I can do Disney cheaper, January 13, 2012
So I started this book the night before my "cheapest Disney vacation ever". I started the book at like 12am and I had to be awake by 5am to fly out to Florida and at 3am I still didn't want to put it down. Most of the tips I had already thought of. Cheap airline flight-Check $200 Befriend a cast member for free access to the parks-Check Check Check (I befriened 3 of them). Bringing my own snacks-Check. Basically I did Walt Disney World for a whole week for $200 (not including merchandise which I got for 40% off which isn't mentioned in the book how I did that) but it was just really awesome to be able to say I did Disney World for $200. Most of the tips and tricks in the book I had already thought of when I planned my vacation but if you're someone on a budget then this is a great little book for you, its a fast read, its hilarious, I want to make this guy my friend. But to be fair if you buy food, pay for it, thats just stupid and mean to do some of that stuff. Don't go in cast member only places, you may get away with it once but not always.

I definitely think there's a lot of stories in here that are pretty exaggerated. I know Disney and I know how they operate so I know some of these things would never fly. Some of the behind the scenes looks at Horizons and Discovery Island are really interesting. There's a lot in this book that you should highlight and save because there's a lot of interesting stuff in there. Sure there was some obscenity but the thing I like about this book is that its written like he's talking to you and just being real with you. Like he's talking to an old friend. I liked the way it was written. All in all it was a great book.

No Title Available

2.0 out of 5 stars Close but no cigar, November 15, 2011
I so desperately wanted to love these and I did. When wearing these around the house, doing housework and such they were awesome. They sounded great, I could walk all over my house and even outside without losing a connection or having the connection crack. Like I could leave my iPhone on the table in my kitchen and walk outside and take out the trash (which is a brick wall and about 300 feet away) and they worked perfectly. I was very excited to try them out at the gym because the main reason I wanted them was so I wasn't always getting caught in my earphone wires while running.

Running with no wires is amazing, no doubt, I'd give that 5 stars easy. I can stand the fact that they are painful to wear but I can't stand not being able to hear them. My plan was to sync them up with my iPad and watch Netflix while at the gym (my gym has wifi) but even though I had the volume up all the way on both my iPad and my ear phones I can barely hear anything. So thinking it might be my iPad I synced it up to my iPhone...still terrible, iPod, still terrible. Obviously there's more sounds at the gym like tvs playing and machines running but I should be able to at least hear it a little bit. I bought these because they were supposed to be able to cancel noise but all I hear is outside noise. Now if you're at home and not around a lot of noise these are great but for what I want them for its a no go.

The other negative thing, which I was prepared for, is that they hurt to wear for long periods of time and by long periods I mean 5 minutes. I made them more comfortable by strategically placing my pony tail under them to prop them up. But coupled with the fact that the sound is terrible its just not worth it. I'm sending them back and I'm now on the quest for something else.

Kodak EasyShare Touch M577 14 MP Digital Camera with 5x Optical Zoom and 3-Inch LCD Touchscreen - RedOrange
3 used & new from $70.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Exactly what I wanted, June 2, 2011
I bought this camera only because buying a new memory card and an extra battery for my Sony Cybershot that I've had for 4 years was going to be almost as much as buying a brand new camera so I opted to just get a new camera. Oh em I glad I did. I love this camera. It has everything I've ever wanted in a camera and more. The touch screen is so nice its like using my iPhone only with better quality pictures. All the different modes such as retro colors and old time photos and sepia along with classic black and white are also included. You can edit your photos right on the camera and crop out or colorize anything you want and add borders and text and even tag people for easy upload to Facebook. Basically its like photo editing right on your camera.

I had a really old Kodak Easyshare when they first came out. It was clunky and silver and one of the first digital cameras to come out as as a point and shoot. That thing is probably close to 10 years old and it will not die. Its been dropped, beaten, wet, hot, cold, everything and it still hasn't quit working so I'm hoping for the same durability in my new camera but of course I hope I don't drop it anytime soon.

As some people on forums have complained of course the directions aren't "complete" obviously its 2011 and most companies expect you to have some working knowledge of how to use a camera by now.

My only complaint is that the battery has to be in the camera and the camera plugged in to charge the battery which is aggravating if you want to be able to charge a battery while using the camera. The usually the point of buying an extra battery is it not? So for that its kind of annoying maybe I'll find an adapter somewhere but for now I am extremely happy with the new camera. Not to mention its totally cute.

North States Superyard Play Yard, Grey, 6 Panel (Discontinued by Manufacturer)
North States Superyard Play Yard, Grey, 6 Panel (Discontinued by Manufacturer)
Offered by VMInnovations
Price: $72.99
24 used & new from $72.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Just what I was looking for but better, December 4, 2010
What I wanted was a barrier for my chorkie (yorkie/chihuahua) dogs so that I could put them out on my patio of my apartment without having to tether them to something and still give them some room to run around. Similar cages like this specifically for dogs can be almost $100 this is just like it but even better because it was a great price and if I ever actually had real kids I could keep them rounded up in it too without feeling like they were in a cage.

SoftGloss Case for iPad Pink
SoftGloss Case for iPad Pink
Offered by FommyFommy
Price: $5.00
8 used & new from $4.74

5.0 out of 5 stars Just what I wanted, December 4, 2010
I purchased this back when there weren't many cases for the iPad. What I was looking for was a case just like what I keep on my iPhone and would still fit in a pink Incase holder. I love it because it has a smooth almost like silicon feel to it without being like the old silicon cases for iPods that used to stick to everything and attract hair and debris. It also helps that it is pink and still shows the sleek style and Apple image on the back.

Flip Travel Charger for Nintendo DS Lite
Flip Travel Charger for Nintendo DS Lite
Offered by DoTop LLC
Price: $4.79
29 used & new from $0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars Great price!, December 4, 2010
When my dog chewed up my old cord I was skeptical to say the least when I purchased this. The same thing is at Walmart for $15 so I couldn't imagine something that was $5 on Amazon would be anything other than a cheap Japanese knock off. I was very happy to find out that this is exactly like the one that came with my DS and it works flawlessly.

With Love and Laughter, John Ritter
With Love and Laughter, John Ritter
by Amy Yasbeck
135 used & new from $0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars I laughed, I cried. Best book ever!, December 4, 2010
I have always loved John Ritter. From Three's Company to 8 Simple Rules. He was the man of my dreams, I wanted to marry someone just like Jack Tripper. When he died I cried, a lot. I, of course had never met John but he had been in my life for years. Watching episodes of 8 Simple Rules after he died was too hard for me. I grieved for him as if I knew him in real life.

It always bothered me that Johnny Cash had gotten all the recognition for dying that same day September 11, 2003. Not that Johnny Cash wasn't worth it but John Ritter was truly a good man both on stage and off. It was good to read that John Ritter liked Johnny Cash. I won't spoil their interesting connection they had on Sept 11, 2003.

The way John's wife Amy wrote this book was so conversational and so smooth. I never wanted to put it down and I definitely didn't want it to be over. I do plan on reading it again and I never read books more than once.

I never realized that Amy Yasbeck was Maid Marien on Robin Hood Men in Tights which has always been one of my favorite movies and that helped me to connect to her.

I love reading and this was definitely one of the best books I have ever read in my life. I give it 5 stars and 2 thumbs way up! I encourage everyone to read it.

The Lonely Hearts Club
The Lonely Hearts Club
by Elizabeth Eulberg
Price: $15.91
103 used & new from $0.01

2.0 out of 5 stars I wanted so badly to love this book, December 4, 2010
This review is from: The Lonely Hearts Club (Hardcover)
As the title says I wanted so badly to love this book. A girl who loves The Beatles and creates a "Lonely Hearts Club" hating boys?? The idea seems like a no miss! Unfortunately this book was so over the top, over dramatic and completely predictable, not to mention cheesy.

I just want to say now that no one has ever said or will ever say "What to the evs" its "Whatev" if anything...

I love The Beatles, I love them more than anything I have over 30 books about their career, about how they effect on society, about their music, about their lives, about everything so I was really, really excited when there was a book about someone who likes The Beatles and featured kids of "today" (I put this in quotes because of the "What to the evs" comment" liking The Beatles. I'm 24, I'm not ancient. I know a few things have changed since I was in high school but there is NOOO way that a club like The Lonely Hearts Club would and could ever exist. There were people my age in high school that had never heard of The Beatles. Not to mention the fact that they were too busy having sex with each other to want to give it up for some club.

Some reviewers have said that because there were curse words, I can think of two instances, that the book isn't appropriate for children. I'm sorry but that is not realistic. Kids in high school curse, even kids in elementary school curse. This book was just too immature, too unrealistic and too cheesy.

I actually completely got pissed off at the book for saying that Beatles tribute bands were not worthy of "true" Beatles fans attention. I'm sorry but I love Beatles tribute bands I've seen over 10 different Beatles tribute bands and those guys are awesome at what they do. Its harder to try to be someone else on stage and learn their quirks, voice and movements than it is to be your own artist. Especially good tribute bands like Rain, Fab Four, Liverpool Legends and so forth. I've toured with some of the bands even and I know the work that goes on behind the scenes and its not to be mocked. I almost stopped reading right then...

I gave this book 2 stars for a couple reasons, #1 because I actually finished the book. I only finished it because I truly believed it might have a good and unexpected ending. It did not. Fail.

#2 It featured The Beatles. I love The Beatles.

All in all I was greatly disappointed and bored almost out of my mind while reading. I hope someday someone can write a truly entertaining story featuring The Beatles.

Page: 1 | 2