Industrial-Sized Deals Best Books of the Month Shop Women's Handbags Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon Beach House Fire TV Stick Off to College Essentials Find the Best Purina Pro Plan for Your Pet Shop Popular Services tmnt tmnt tmnt  Amazon Echo Starting at $99 Kindle Voyage Metal Gear Solid 5 Gear Up for Football Deal of the Day
Profile for LoveMyToys > Reviews

Browse

LoveMyToys' Profile

Customer Reviews: 43

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

LoveMyToys RSS Feed (Long Island, NY)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5
Sharp LC-55UB30U 55-Inch 4K Ultra HD 60Hz Smart LED TV (2015 Model)
Sharp LC-55UB30U 55-Inch 4K Ultra HD 60Hz Smart LED TV (2015 Model)
Price: Click here to see our price
15 used & new from $726.24

4.0 out of 5 stars Nice TV that is priced well, otherwise but the Vizio M-Series is still a better choice, August 20, 2015
I purchased the Sharp LC-55UB30U as a Prime Day special offer for an excellent price ($799). For the price that I paid, this TV has excellent picture quality. The contrast is strong and colors are very accurate, once you play around with the settings. The upcaling of 480, 720 and 1080i/p content to 4k is also excellent. On the other hand, the sound quality is poor, so plan on buying a soundbar or using a surround sound system with this TV.

The Smart Central 3.0 system for streaming from various apps is less than ideal. The system is not intuitive and the number of apps is very limited. Although the advertisement from Sharp claims that the TV can stream 4k content from providers "like" Amazon and Netflix, this is HIGHLY misleading. While Amazon Instant Video does provide for 4k streaming of some material, this TV does not have an Amazon Instant Video app and no bluray, Roku, Kindle Fire TV etc. device will allow you to stream 4k content. You can stream 4k content from Netflix and YouTube (not that YouTube 4k is anything special), but that's it. The other big negative is the terrible remote. As one of the other reviewers pointed out, it's powered by watch/hearing aid type batteries and is woefully underpowered. You basically need to stand up and walk to the TV to increase the volume, access a menu etc. I ordered a sharp remote for one of the higher end lines which I believe (hope) will be compatible. Since the replacement remote uses the standard compliment of AAA batteries, I hope this will be a cheap fix for the poor remote range issue.

On the whole, I am still pleased with my purchase of the Sharp for $799 price. At full price ($950), I would suggest you go with the Vizio M55. I have a Vizio M60 and it is, overall, a much better television in every respect.

UPDATE 8/23/2015:

The replacement remote was a huge upgrade: http://www.amazon.com/Original-Sharp-GB005WJSA-Control-Replacement/dp/B00DH5KD0M/ref=sr_1_1?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1440387805&sr=1-1&keywords=sharp+remote+control+aquos Why Sharp didn't spend the extra few dollars to ship the UB30 with this remote is beyond me. They must realize their is a serious issue with the remote they shipped given the number of complaints, but I guess they think a cheap, slick looking remote matters more than functionality....until their customers have to pretend it's 1972 again and have to walk to their TV to change the volume or channel. I shouldn't have to spend $23 to get a functioning remote.
Comment Comments (3) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Aug 28, 2015 5:08 AM PDT

Machine World (Undying Mercenaries Series Book 4)
Machine World (Undying Mercenaries Series Book 4)
Price: $4.95

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, February 15, 2015
I love this series. Machine World is another strong edition!!

Syma X11 R/C Quadcopter - Red
Syma X11 R/C Quadcopter - Red
Offered by TylorHadware
Price: $22.94
59 used & new from $17.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome Micro Quad, December 12, 2014
I am an RC beginner and this is my first quad (having only flown a Syma S107G 3ch heli before). For a beginner (and even experienced rc pilots), this is a very enjoyable quad and for the $29.00 list price (I paid $27 from Amazon), it's a great value warranting a 5 star review. It is not, however, perfect. So, with that in mind, I am going to list the positives and negatives and let you decide:

Positives:

1. Looks Great!: The X11 is nice micro which is very similar in size and design the uber-popular (and much more expensive) Hubsan X4. Syma has a really great reputation and is known to be one of the top RC makers in the Chinese toy rc segment. The Syma X11 only helps to enhance that reputation.

2. Smooth and Stable: his quad is very STABLE in the air and is designed to emphasize stability over performance/agility. You can bounce it off objects (which I do often) and keep on flying.

3. Durable: Although feels a little light-weight and flimsy, it is actually VERY durable. I have crashed this guy at least 50 times, with only a broken prop to show for it. The quad comes with spare props and additional spares can be purchased for about $2 shipped (for 2 sets). In my first outdoor flight, I was flying on high speed mode and got disoriented and slammed the X11 full Speed into a concrete building (at least 20 feet up) and having the quad crash down onto an asphalt road upside down. I flipped the quad over and off it went without a scratch. I have crashed it at least 50 times in the past couple of weeks with only a single broken prop to show for it.

4. Easy to Repair: Replacement parts are cheap and readily available from gearbest (not Amazon yet). I picked up 4 sets of spare props from gearbest for $5 shipped.

5. Great Endurance: The included 3.7v 200mah battery is good for about 7 minutes of flight time (depending on what you're doing), which is really good for such tiny battery. Fortunately, the X11 can easily handle a 380mah or 500mah battery, which are cheap and can be found on amazon (any battery that will work with a Hubsan X4 will work with the X11). Although the 500mah sticks out a little, it doesn't seem to effect flight characteristics and gives this quad a solid 12-15 minutes of flying time!! That's more than double the endurance of most micros and better than almost any other quad on the market.

6. Fast and Solid Performance: The motors on the X11 are the same units used on the Hubsan X4 and have great power for the weight of the quad (which is why it can handle a the weight of the 500mah battery). The X11 is, however, more powerful and efficient than its competitor because it uses a geared drive system common for larger quads, rather than the direct drive almost every other micro quad. In short, this is a fast little bugger and a solid outdoor performer, particularly with the heavier 500mah battery.

Negatives:

1. Yaw Rate: The biggest complaint I have is the slow yaw rate (how the turns on its axis), which doesn't get any faster in high speed mode. A slow yaw rate results in wider turns. This is a non-issue in outdoor flight, but in may living room it makes a big difference. Micro class quads are going to see a lot of indoor action and if Syma does a V2 version, they need to speed up the raw rate to match the rest of the quads performance.

2. Transmitter: This is a matter of personal choice, but I hate the Xbox 360 style controller and with this included the controller used for the X5C-1--much much better quality (it is compatible and can be ordered online for around $15). Nevertheless, the controller does what it's suppose to and has good range (although I haven't tested to see how far it will go before the signal drops).

3. LED Placement: The X11 has blue LEDs on the bottom of the front arms and red LED on the bottom of the back arms (and two blue LED "eyes" on the top of the housing). For night flying, they are ok so long as the quad is above your head. If you don't have altitude, it's easy to get disoriented. I would not recommend this for night flying.

4. Better High Low/Speed Indicator: Neither the quad nor the transmitter have a special indicator to let you know if you're in high or low speed. The beep is the same for both. I have had a bunch of crashes because I didn't realize it was in high when I was flying indoors.

Conclusion:

I LOVE this little guy. I am still a noob and have yet to master banked turns etc. As a beginner quad for gaining all around experience, this is perfect! Once I feel like I am in full control, I'll move up to something with more size and power. However, I am in no rush because this is a fun quad. If you're just getting started or have experience and want a great, cheap micro, the X11 is a no brainer!

The Walking Dead, Season 5

Gortimer Gibbon's Life on Normal Street
Gortimer Gibbon's Life on Normal Street
DVD

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome!, November 25, 2014
Another well written show for children from Amazon. The whole family lives it!

STARZ Play
STARZ Play
Price: $0.00

2.0 out of 5 stars Serious Stability Issues, March 2, 2014
This review is from: STARZ Play (App)
This app seriously needs a work over. The video freezes and the app crashes constantly on bith my Kindle Fire HDX's! The video quality is also subpar...SD at best. considering bow vood the HBO Go app is, starz needs to do some work!

Firefly Season 1
Firefly Season 1
Price: $29.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Series that Fox Killed For No Good Reason, February 28, 2014
Ahhh... Firefly!!! One of the greatest Science Fiction/Westerns ever to grace the small screen. Unfortunately, Fox exercised terrible judgment in killing it off after 13 episodes. If only this could have been produced today, where it would have been featured on cable (FX, SyFy etc.) on something other than a lousy Friday night slot. I know this will never be brought back, but it would have been nice to at least have a quasi-spin off that takes place within the Firefly universe--perhaps with different characters and storyline. Summer Glau has been pretty quiet lately--I am sure they could use her as main character. :) Joss, I know you're busy with your movies, but food for thought???

Flick Golf Extreme
Flick Golf Extreme
Price: $1.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Lots of fun!, December 5, 2013
This review is from: Flick Golf Extreme (App)
I am not of a gamer, but this a fun one. I ended up staying up 3 hours later than planned playing this stupid game. :-)

Battlestar Galactica: Blood & Chrome (Unrated Edition)
Battlestar Galactica: Blood & Chrome (Unrated Edition)
DVD ~ Luke Pasqualino
Price: $12.77
51 used & new from $4.22

5.0 out of 5 stars This deserves to be a full fledged series!, February 19, 2013
They "pilot" really was well done and has enough going for it to warrant the greenlight for at east a season. God, they gave Caprica a full two 10 episode seasons and that wasn't a tenth if the show that the pilot was. It's a shame that SyFy is no longer interested in science fiction any longer. They killed of the franchises that made them relevant with nothing inspired to take their places. Sure, I could use a little more edge and less Hans Solo and Luke Skywalker, but B&C at least was exciting to watch.

QCELL 2X SAMSUNG GALAXY SIII 2100MAH BATTERY + FREE UNIVERSAL BATTERY CHARGER (COMPATIBLE WITH SAMSUNG GALAXY S3 GT-I9300, SPRINT L710, VERIZON I535, T-MOBILE T999, AT&T SAMSUNG I747, U.S. CELLULAR R530)**WITH NFC CAPABILITIES FOR S BEAM & GOOGLE WALLET**

5.0 out of 5 stars Great deal!!! AS good as OEM!, July 25, 2012
The appears to perform as advertised. I have been using both batteries for about a week and they both seem to perform identically to the Samsung OEM battery. I really see no difference at all in performance. I have not tested the NFC functionality of these batteries (or the factory battery for that matter), so I cannot comment on that feature. Nevertheless, this battery is priced similarly to other non-OEM batteries and appears to be the only aftermarket battery available for the GS3 that has NFC capability. That puts it ahead of the pack even without testing. My only gripe with this package is the included wall charger. The battery hangs over the charger a bit. This is not a big deal, but this charger is clearly a generic. It also charges the batteries very SLOWLY. From 20% to full charge can take 12 hours!!!! I have been charging the phone on a Blackberry quick charger 10v, which seems to charge the battery from 20% to full charge in about 4 hours (pretty slow). The GS3 is a slow charger to begin with, but I was expecting a little better performance from a dedicated wall charger. With three batteries now in rotation, this isn't a big deal--but something to keep in mind. In short, this has been a great product so far and a very good deal. :)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5