Automotive Deals HPCC Shop Women's Clothing Learn more Discover it Crown the Empire Fire TV Stick Happy Belly Coffee Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Water Sports
Profile for Joan C. Goodrow > Reviews

Browse

Joan C. Goodrow's Profile

Customer Reviews: 3

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Joan C. Goodrow "Joanie G" RSS Feed (West Chatham, MA United States)

Love Anthony
Love Anthony
Price: $21.20
132 used & new from $0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars Genova Does it Again, September 30, 2012
This review is from: Love Anthony (Hardcover)
I had the great priviledge of reading Love Anthony prior to publication. It brought me to my knees. Again Genova has managed to go inside the mind of someone with a condition, autisim, and bring the reader along so we can begin to understand Anthony's world. Granted this is Genova's vision but as you will will see it is so incredibly plausable and elegant.
Told with compassion,empathy,and love this is a beautiful story of famlies and the sometimes painful choices they make. Anthony is special and you the reader will love him.

Left Neglected
Left Neglected
249 used & new from $0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars Life Changer, January 4, 2011
This review is from: Left Neglected (Hardcover)
Beautifully written, Genova takes us into the hurried and harried lives of a young family who seem to have it all or do they? Running in all directions,jobs, daycare, after school activites,you know the drill. Traveling in her car Sarah looks away from the road for one split second, shes doing the one thing that so many of us have become guilty of in this high tech over connected world we live in,texting while driving. In that split second of inattention Sarah's world change's forever.
The aftermath of the accident leaves Sarah with a traumatic brain injury know as left brain neglect. For the individual who suffers this devestating brain insult it is beyond all comprehension, because to Sarah the left side of her body ceases to exsist.
I found this book to be truly fascinating as Ms. Genova has the uncanny ability to get inside Sarah's head and describes this injury from her point of view, so that you truly understand what she is feeling. It's an amazing gift and I believe made this book a most rewarding read.
It is also a true cautionary story, one blink of an eye life can change forever and things can never be the same, we all get this, but this book reminds us quite vividly just how devestating the consquences can be.
Comment Comments (3) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Sep 25, 2011 8:46 PM PDT

Still Alice
Still Alice
24 used & new from $6.92

5.0 out of 5 stars poignat, May 22, 2008
This review is from: Still Alice (Paperback)
When I opened this book, and I almost didn't as it's subject is one that gives many of us pause, I was immediately drawn into the world of brillant Alice. Whose world has begun inexplicably to be lost to her in small pieces.
Genova has presented this story of early onset Alzheimer's with tenderness and care, giving the reader a finely drawn picture of what happens to a family,friends,and colleagues who must watch a loved one disappear before their eyes.
I'm so happy I not only opened the book and read it to it's conclusion, and I have recommended it to so many people. It's a worthy read on a very timely subject.