Profile for Drucyfr > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 4

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Drucyfr "Mystr K" RSS Feed (Washington)

Fortress
Fortress
Price: $10.00
51 used & new from $4.47

5.0 out of 5 stars They just keep getting better and better, November 5, 2014
This review is from: Fortress (Audio CD)
They just keep getting better and better. Seeing them play them live is even better. Fantastic album, from track 1 to 12. Exceptional work AB!

Rush
Rush
Price: $18.34
6 used & new from $10.00

5.0 out of 5 stars This is what ROCK was meant to sound like!, July 14, 2011
This review is from: Rush (Audio CD)
For those of you out there looking for some real good rock, this is the band for you. These guys are great. Just one listen and you'll be begging for more. Fans of Tool should check out the title track "Rush". Fans of just about any genre of rock should check out the opening track "Left Behind". There really are no fillers here as every song provides a different taste for a variety of appetites. If you get a chance, check them out live too; you won't be disappointed. This is what rock was meant to sound like!

AB III [Explicit]
AB III [Explicit]
Price: $9.49

5.0 out of 5 stars Ignore The Naysayers...They Have No Clue, March 30, 2011
This review is from: AB III [Explicit] (MP3 Music)
This album continues where Blackbird left off, and it continues to advance the phenomenal work performed by the entire Alter Bridge crew. The progression from the first album continues to evolve into a great set of songs. There aren't any songs that I rush to skip when listening to the album. They musicianship is perfect with just the right mix of balladry, hard rocking, and even a splash of metal here and there. Kennedy's vocals soar and both his and Tremonti's guitar work here is top notch. Marshall and Phillips of course keep things tight with their solid grooves. For me the highlight tracks are "Slip to the Void" and "Words Darker Than Their Wings". Check out the latter for some lead vocals from Tremonti. What really strikes me about this album is the lyrics. The band members kept stating that this album would be darker than previous attempts, and in some cases they are right. But for the most part what I found was that their focus was on striving through and surviving the hard times. To me this didn't necessarily constitute darker lyrics but more realistic.

Overall the album is most definitely worth getting. Once you have it, make sure you give it a few listens. Alter Bridge has never really pushed to be a radio friendly band, and I actually think that gives their music more depth and even after hearing a song more than 50 times I can still find something new that I didn't notice before. Be sure to check these guys out live too. Their show is one I would pay triple what I've paid to see. Their live show takes what you hear on the cd to a whole new level, unlike some bands who sound like they can't sing and walk at the same time. Get to a show. You will not be disappointed.

Death Magnetic
Death Magnetic
112 used & new from $0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant!, September 12, 2008
This review is from: Death Magnetic (Audio CD)
This album rocks. I could care less about what Metallica "used to sound like" or what they "should sound like", I LOVE this album. The riffs rock, the vocals are spot on, and the bass and drums keep me rockin.

So far my favorite song has to be Cyanide, but it was a tough choice. I really dig the instrumental piece (track 9), and I love the mix of all the sounds Metallica brought to the table.

Don't listen to the naysayers, they are just whiny babies that forgot it is the artists who choose what to create, not the fans who are fickle. Is it the best album ever? Probably not, but it is highly enjoyable and gives me more memorable music to rock out to.