Profile for Cybermom > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 15

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Cybermom RSS Feed (Saint Paul, MN)

Page: 1 | 2
TiVo Roamio Plus HD Digital Video Recorder and Streaming Media Player (TCD848000)
Price: $324.98
14 used & new from $279.95

3.0 out of 5 stars Don't rely on Wi-Fi for this device, August 18, 2014
All the features on this DVR streaming device look great, and we were looking forward to watching some of the Netflix 'original series' --
however, the box seems unable to hold a Wi-Fi connection and we continuously get an error message from Netflix, stopping the programming. We are now beginning the process of trying to get an Ethernet cable to connect directly to the Tivo box. I hope this will solve the problem, although I'm not so sure (in reading some of the on-line community comments). If not, it's going back. You would think this technology would be pretty dependable by now..

Storm Front (A Virgil Flowers Novel)
Storm Front (A Virgil Flowers Novel)
by John Sandford
Price: $20.93
308 used & new from $0.01

2.0 out of 5 stars A rare disappointment, January 6, 2014
I love John Sandford and the Virgil Flowers character, and this book promised a Dan-Brown like, interesting story involving the theft of a "stele" or as the description states, "an inscribed piece of stone—with the potential to shake the roots of Biblical faith." Wow! However, as the story went on I was baffled as to why there was no further exploration of this plot point --- NONE. Why was everyone from the Israelis to Hezbollah chasing after this relic as they criss-crossed their way across southern Minnesota? WIth about 50 pages left I realized that no explanation was forthcoming and I didn't really care how it ended, and that has never happened to me with a John Sandford book. As others have mentioned, there is an acknowledgement at the book's beginning of someone else who 'helped' write it. Please, John Sandford, I'd rather wait a little longer for your books to come out than have to read a sub-par version of your great characters' exploits.

BISSELL Little Green ProHeat Compact Multi-Purpose Carpet Cleaner, 14259
BISSELL Little Green ProHeat Compact Multi-Purpose Carpet Cleaner, 14259
Price: $103.87
11 used & new from $83.39

1.0 out of 5 stars Not Worth the Money, August 14, 2013
After a couple of cleaning tasks with this product, I found it simply doesn't perform well. I had to troubleshoot a clogged sprayer several times. It is not a 'deep' steam cleaner -- you are simply spraying cleaning solution onto the area and then brushing it with mild suction. My conclusion (especially for carpet) is that it's much more effective (and cheaper) to spot clean with a brush, water, and a spot cleaner like Resolve. I have obtained far better results with that.

Lemi Shine Original (12 oz)
Lemi Shine Original (12 oz)
Offered by Live Long and Prosper Sales
Price: $8.24
13 used & new from $4.41

5.0 out of 5 stars Wish I had known about this a long time ago!, May 4, 2013
I have a good Bose dishwasher but could not get rid of the chalky film on the inside of the dishwasher and on glassware. I tried different rinse agents and detergents with no results until I found Lemi-Shine on a desperate internet search. What a difference! No more filmy buildup and it leaves absolutely sparkling glassware. I still can't believe I found a product that actually WORKS like it promises! Awesome!

Jergens Natural Glow - 3 Days to Glow Moisturizer Medium to Tan Skin, 4 Ounce
Jergens Natural Glow - 3 Days to Glow Moisturizer Medium to Tan Skin, 4 Ounce
Price: $7.19
31 used & new from $1.15

4.0 out of 5 stars It works!, April 29, 2013
I find this product gives a nice subtle tan 'glow' to my arms and legs after a few days of use, and it is natural looking -- not orange or blotchy for me. I have very fair skin so I am looking for something to take away the winter white! Although the product says it is without odor, it is not totally fragrance-free. There is still a light fragrance but I do not find it objectionable, the way the earlier products were. I'm glad they have found a way to improve the fragrance --- if there was a product that was TOTALLY fragrance free I would definitely buy it.

L'Oreal Paris Touch-On Highlights, H90 Iced Champagne
L'Oreal Paris Touch-On Highlights, H90 Iced Champagne
Price: $11.88
10 used & new from $4.99

4.0 out of 5 stars L'Oreal: Invent a New Applicator!, September 12, 2012
I really like the idea of 'finger tip' control on this product, so you can do very fine, subtle highlights if that's what you desire. The color (iced champagne) worked out well for me, as I was just trying to spruce up some salon highlights and do a little root touch-up. The rubber finger tip applicator doesn't work so well, however, and tends to leave a clump of color at the root of the hair. I thought I was smoothing it out pretty well but the end result said differently. An applicator with finer bristles would work better -- a toothbrush would probably work, but I'd prefer to keep the finger tip characteristic for better control.

Moving Comfort Women's Luna Bra
Moving Comfort Women's Luna Bra
Price: $54.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Great!, May 18, 2011
I was looking for a bra to combat some 'sag' --- I had a good experience with another Moving Comfort
style previously and wanted something that would have the support and compression of a sports bra
but still maintain some shaping. I was really pleased with this purchase and noticed the difference in my 'silhouette' instantly! I ordered a second one. REALLY like it!

Boots No7 Protect & Perfect Intense Beauty Serum 1 fl oz (30 ml)
Boots No7 Protect & Perfect Intense Beauty Serum 1 fl oz (30 ml)
Offered by Shine Of Beauty
Price: $27.52
17 used & new from $19.45

5.0 out of 5 stars A Hidden Gem, July 4, 2010
I was curious to try this as I heard it was highly rated in a survey of skin care products.
It is a really nice product -- I felt that my skin was almost immediately smoother, firmer and more toned. I can feel the difference in the morning when I apply it the night before. And I especially LOVE that it is unscented and hypo-allergenic!! I threw away all that stinky Oil of Olay stuff and this (along with the occasional Neutrogena alpha-hydroxy product) is all I use.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Apr 10, 2011 4:24 PM PDT

The Good Soldiers
The Good Soldiers
by David Finkel
132 used & new from $0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars Heartbreaking, Wrenching, and a Must-Read, February 2, 2010
This review is from: The Good Soldiers (Hardcover)
In the same way that Philip Caputo's "A Rumor of War" is the best book on Vietnam from the soldier's point of view, so is "The Good Soldiers" a harrowing and revealing account of the 2007 Iraq War 'surge' . The author follows a battalion of army infantry soldiers as they attempt to carry out their mission to stabilize a region of Iraq and root out insurgents while dodging IED's, mortars and snipers. The author superbly demonstrates, in a simple but effective writing style, the absurdities and the "normal abnormal" of war; like an Iraqi corpse found floating in a septic tank that the Americans would like to remove but can't, or the dazed soldier who asks, "Is anything sticking out of my head?" after a mortar attack. But the most agonizing parts are the accounts of the injuries and deaths from IEDs. Young men from rural Alabama, or Ohio, or Kansas, are rendered limbless, diapered, brain-damaged and wearing goggles to keep their eyes moist because their eyelids have been burned away. The contrast between the soldiers' everyday routines and the lofty words of President Bush is left to speak for itself. The reader is left with endless empathy for these young men but also great fear for what they face when they come home, mentally and physically. War is hell, and this is why.
It makes you angry and breaks your heart.

Regenerist Micro-Sculpting Cream 1.7 oz.
Regenerist Micro-Sculpting Cream 1.7 oz.
Price: $19.99
52 used & new from $10.26

1.0 out of 5 stars Couldn't tell if it worked or not, August 3, 2009
Why oh why can't they make these products unscented? I knew I was in trouble as soon as I opened it and went into sneezing spasms. The smell is VERY noticeable, almost like a 'suntan lotion' smell. And when it's on your face, you will smell it ALL day. I probably won't be able to use it at all, which is very disappointing for the price.
Comment Comments (4) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Sep 30, 2011 8:21 AM PDT

Page: 1 | 2