Profile for Bill Streger > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 2

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Bill Streger RSS Feed (houston, tx)

Fundraising Rocket: How Anybody Can Raise Money For Anything
Fundraising Rocket: How Anybody Can Raise Money For Anything
by Casey Graham

4.0 out of 5 stars I needed this book ten years ago!, October 19, 2014
Casey has written a fantastic book on fundraising - I just wish I had it ten years ago. We planted our church a decade ago - I was young, unexperienced, and had no clue how to raise money for a project. As a result, we were significantly underfunded. No church planter should feel that way again - this book is a step-by-step guide to raising a specific amount of money in a specific amount of time.

Casey doesn't waste a lot of time with the theoretical in this book. From beginning to end it is full of practical, actionable content. Casey shares the what, but then also the why behind it. He acknowledges the hang-ups that many of us have with raising money and deals with them head on. The book is like having an experienced, accomplished mentor guiding you along the way - he says some things that aren't easy to hear, but that are important for your success. I definitely recommend this book, and it's one I'll be returning to over and over for help in the years to come.

A God Entranced Vision of All Things: The Legacy of Jonathan Edwards
A God Entranced Vision of All Things: The Legacy of Jonathan Edwards
by John Piper
Price: $14.47
51 used & new from $1.98

4.0 out of 5 stars great book - edwards continues to inspire!, September 3, 2004
This really is a great look at a number of characteristics of Jonathan Edward's life and ministry. A pretty quick read, but rich in depth, the book unashamedly argues for exactly what it says: a "God-entranced vision of all things". Piper hits the ball out of the park in the chapters he contributes (did you expect any less?), and the chapters by J.I. Packer and Mark Dever are also particularly good. Check it out today!