Profile for St Louis shopper > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 9

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

St Louis shopper RSS Feed

Supersonic SC-371 Digital Projection Alarm Clock with AM/FM Radio
Supersonic SC-371 Digital Projection Alarm Clock with AM/FM Radio
Offered by Bopo
Price: $19.95
7 used & new from $19.95

2.0 out of 5 stars I have two problems with this clock: the snooze ..., October 21, 2014
I have two problems with this clock: the snooze works when it wants to (mostly randomly), the alarm works about 90% of the time. Due to these defects, I returned the clock. The projection worked well and as the other reviewers noted, the numbers on the face of the clock are very bright (about twice as bright as my old alarm clock).

Magnasonic MAG-MM176K AM/FM Projection Clock Radio with Dual Alarm, Auto Time Set/Restore, Temperature Display, and Battery Backup
Offered by ShopTronics
Price: $29.99
16 used & new from $19.91

1.0 out of 5 stars Could not make projection component work; alarm was unreliable and difficult to turn off., August 7, 2014
I returned the clock. My major problem with it is that the projected numbers are hard to read because the digits have little cuts it the corner that make the lines discontinuous and the numbers look like hieroglyphics so you can't tell what time it is (especially if you are nearsighted). I tried adjusting the size and the sharpness of the numbers but still could not tell what time it was. Also, the alarm is very difficult to turn off and very difficult to turn on. Twice I thought I had turned on the alarm (I saw the alarm bell symbol) but the alarm never went off; I had to go back to my old alarm clock without projection.

Pet Zone Smart Scoop Automatic Litter Box
Pet Zone Smart Scoop Automatic Litter Box

1.0 out of 5 stars Received with screw fallen off and only works about 1 in 8 times, August 7, 2014
I had high hopes for this automatic litter box and really wanted this to work for me. I recently acquired a friend's 14 year old cat since the owners were moving cross country and did not think the cat could tolerate the travel. It turns out that the cat has issues and will poop on the floor if there is any waste in the litter box. I got this thinking that it would solve my problem. Well, when I opened it and took out all the parts, I noticed one screw had fallen out of the motor and I did not know where the screw belonged so I could not screw it back in. Hoping it would still work, I assembled it, tried it out, and it ran fine on the dry runs. However, when the cat actually used it, it only scoops up the waste about 1 out of 8 times and never with poop. The cat will do his business and the machine just lets the waste sit in the box; after waiting 20 minutes, then 30 minutes, I had to scoop it out myself or press the power button to activate the rake. This happened 4 times so it was not a fluke. I got tired of waiting/hoping for the litter box to work as advertised. So bottom line, there is still with poop on the floor when I get up in the morning or come home from work (even though I have 3 litter boxes). Grrrr! I will have to return it and keep looking.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Aug 8, 2014 6:24 AM PDT

HotSmart Hot Gourmet Plates - InstaHot 30 minute Plus (Patented)
HotSmart Hot Gourmet Plates - InstaHot 30 minute Plus (Patented)
Offered by HotSmart
Price: $49.99
3 used & new from $35.63

5.0 out of 5 stars WOW! Buy this plate, you will not be disappointed., September 4, 2009
The plate is wonderful, it does the job just as advertised. The plate comes with instructions on recommended microwave time for the wattage of the microwave. My microwave is 1100 watts so I heated the plate for 1 minute, it was able to keep the food warm for over 45 minutes. A family member is a very slow eater (due to medical problems each meal takes a little over an hour not including dessert) and this plate was able to keep the food warm the entire time. Initially, I was looking for a metal platter/wood tray combo that restaurants use to serve fajitas or steaks to help keep food warm. I saw this and thought I would try it out; I am very glad I did. I think it is much better than the "sizzler" plates since:
1) it keeps food warm for a longer period of time.
2) it can be washed in dishwasher (some metal plates have to be hand-washed).
3) takes up less room in cabinet, do not have the hassle of metal plate and protective outer wood/plastic plate.
4) safer than metal plate since rim of this plate is safe to touch if you follow the instructions.
Plus, it is very pretty and neutral in design so fits with any decor. The only potential down side is that the plate is a little heavy, however, it is still lighter than the metal platter/protective tray combo. I am very impressed with this product and recommend it to everyone who likes their food hot. As I said, buy it and you won't be disappointed.

A big THANK YOU to the inventor for coming up with this product :)
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Feb 27, 2012 5:33 PM PST

Sesto Meucci Women's Sanden Bootie
Sesto Meucci Women's Sanden Bootie

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Boots!, November 22, 2008
These are very nice boots, perfect for everyday wear since they are very comfortable and stylish.

The only drawback is the sizing is a little small, I usually wear 7.5M and I had to return and buy the 8M. Amazon made the return easy, I had to pay to ship it back.

Overall, I am very satisfied with this purchase and would buy these in brown if they had them.

MIU France Silicone Basting Brush with Stainless Steel Handle
MIU France Silicone Basting Brush with Stainless Steel Handle
Price: $8.29
3 used & new from $6.95

5.0 out of 5 stars A must have item, October 24, 2006
Fabulous tool. Works great, no messing with nasty bristles-just rinse and place in dishwasher-comes out clean everytime. For turkey basting, better to have one with a longer hander. This brush is definitely worth every penny.

MIU France Silicone Pot Handle Holder, Red
MIU France Silicone Pot Handle Holder, Red
Offered by UnbeatableSale, Inc
Price: Click here to see our price

5.0 out of 5 stars Great product, October 24, 2006
I love this thing. Fantastic for lids that have handles (I do not have lids that have knobs) and to pull baking sheets that are not too heavy out of the oven. My mother used it at my house and asked me to get her two for her own kitchen.

Kitchen Grips 2-Piece Set with Pup-It Style Mitt, Blue
Kitchen Grips 2-Piece Set with Pup-It Style Mitt, Blue

3.0 out of 5 stars Be careful if your hands are damp, October 24, 2006
The mitt is nice and long so your arm is protected, however, if your hands are a little damp, the water will conduct the heat and the mitt does not work very well. Otherwise, I liked it for the length and the ease of clean-up.

KitchenAid Silicone Spoon Spatula, Red
KitchenAid Silicone Spoon Spatula, Red

3.0 out of 5 stars Get one with a heat resistant handle, October 24, 2006
This tool works fine but there are better products out there. My main problem with this spoon spatula is that the handle is made of cheap plastic that melts when you briefly lean it against the side of the pot/pan. I received a similar silicone spoon spatula as a gift and the entire spoon spatula, including the handle, was made of silicone. It was a much better product but I can't remember which company made it.