Truck Month Textbook Trade In Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Fire TV with 4k Ultra HD Grocery Mother's Day Gifts Amazon Gift Card Offer ctstrph2 ctstrph2 ctstrph2  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Fire, Only $39.99 Kindle Paperwhite AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Shop Now SnS
Profile for Diana Cale > Reviews

Browse

Diana Cale's Profile

Customer Reviews: 12

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Diana Cale "Mom, Musician, Consultant" RSS Feed (San Francisco, CA USA)

Page: 1 | 2
5 Spices, 50 Dishes: Simple Indian Recipes Using Five Common Spices
5 Spices, 50 Dishes: Simple Indian Recipes Using Five Common Spices
by Ruta Kahate
Price: $15.79
166 used & new from $2.60

5.0 out of 5 stars The Real Deal, June 26, 2013
I've made 4 dishes from this cookbook, and wow, I'm hooked! I just followed the recipes, and they came out just right. So, so tasty! My kids love this food. It helps me that there are only five spices used, because I was overwhelmed with trying to find all the exotic spices in other recipes (sometimes the person at the Indian grocer didn't even know where to find them), and then I didn't really know how to work with the spice.... this book teaches with just five spices that are readily available at your western grocer or Indian food store, then from here, I see I can expand later. Indian dishes are generally more labor intensive than I'm used to, with all the chopping of vegetables, but the result is worth it ten times over. If you have a fair amount of cooking experience, it'll be easier to get a really great result the first time - for example, making the flat bread. But even for a beginning cook, I think the detailed instructions for the different dishes are very good. I can't wait to share one of these dishes at a family gathering or potluck!

The Immortal Now: The Ascension and the Nature of the Present Time
The Immortal Now: The Ascension and the Nature of the Present Time
by Patricia Grabow
13 used & new from $5.49

5.0 out of 5 stars So Inspiring, January 23, 2011
This is the most easy-to-understand book I've ever read on the nature of reality and existence. And it is inspiring. Grabow uses metaphors from everyday life, such as a child contemplating a flower, and light rays reflecting off a mirror, to illuminate the concepts.

The book also addresses the the shift in consciousness the planet is experiencing now, the nature of love and other ideas, and the explanations are very compelling.

I found this book a joy to read. Concise (concise as this type of writing gets) beautiful and inspiring.

Living and Working in Canada: A Survival Handbook (Living & Working in Canada)
Living and Working in Canada: A Survival Handbook (Living & Working in Canada)
by Graeme Chesters
56 used & new from $0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars Information On Almost Everything, January 5, 2008
This book touches on just about everything you might think of when you're planning your move to Canada, including buying a car, banks, public transit, temporary accommodations, the health system, different kinds of insurance, finding employment, and more. Note that this book is not for people who want comprehensive instructions on how to obtain a visa, although it has lots of good information about it.

6,000+ Essential French Words with CD-ROM (Essential Vocabulary)
6,000+ Essential French Words with CD-ROM (Essential Vocabulary)
by Living Language
22 used & new from $0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars Don't miss the CD-ROM that comes with it, April 29, 2007
Books of word lists are everywhere, but this book has the tool that allows you to actually assimilate the words: the CD-ROM that comes with it. It has a fantastic, user-friendly flash card program that helps you absorb the words. There are probably a couple hundred words already entered into the program, some with pictures, all with a french native pronouncing the words. You can enter your own words (or phrases containing hundreds of characters) and practice them. You can store words and phrases in categories to retrieve later. So, as you learn new words and phrases from anywhere, like TV, magazines, conversation, you can enter them and review them later.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jun 15, 2011 3:33 PM PDT

Belly Dance Basics & Beyond, with Jenna: Belly Dancing Classes for a Solid Foundation - Bellydance how-to, belly dance technique
DVD ~ Jenna
Price: $11.99
38 used & new from $0.89

5.0 out of 5 stars The Real Deal, April 29, 2007
This is not a cardio workout or entertainment video but real bellydance technique. I did not know bellydance was so wonderfully rich! It was so fun --- practicing the moves made me feel voluptuous despite my quite imperfect body. Check out the performance at the end with teacher and students and you'll get an idea of the sexy, seductive dancing you can do with just a little practice.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: May 4, 2007 7:29 AM PDT

Classical Pilates Technique: The Complete Mat Workout Series
Classical Pilates Technique: The Complete Mat Workout Series
DVD ~ Peter Fiasca
Price: $11.85
67 used & new from $2.68

5.0 out of 5 stars Exactly What I Wanted, April 9, 2007
Skip the new age background music. I just want the exercises. This DVD offers a straighforward demonstration of the original exercises. It has the same exercises as my Gaiam DVD, but in a different order (I assume the intended original order), and they're done much faster on this classical DVD. The exercises are divided into 4 sections: Modified Basic, Basic, Intermediate, Advanced and Super Advanced.

This is not a DVD where you would follow along. I wrote down the exercises (they're so simple) and did them at my own pace, with my own music. Much better this way.

Crunch - Cardio Dance Blast
Crunch - Cardio Dance Blast
DVD ~ Marie Forleo
Price: $13.86
61 used & new from $0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars So, So Fun, July 5, 2006
This review is from: Crunch - Cardio Dance Blast (DVD)
If you love to dance contemporary popular dance, and you want to get your cardio in at the same time, this is the DVD for you! It will get you sweating immediately and you will probably exercise every muscle in your body by the time it's over. The steps are repeated several times, while you're keeping your heart rate up, so that you can learn the moves gradually.

Christi Taylor: Totally Hot Cardio
Christi Taylor: Totally Hot Cardio
DVD ~ Christi Taylor
Offered by Fitness Fusion
Price: $14.40
18 used & new from $0.63

5.0 out of 5 stars Definitely a Great Workout, July 5, 2006
This will definitely get you happily tired !! Great, interesting choreography, feels great, and Christi and her friends are so into the routines, it's just a lot of fun ! I have added it to my regular exercising, and I do it at least a couple times a week. It's 45 minutes. It's perfect for me in the morning when I want to make sure I get in some good cardio for the day.

How Would a Patriot Act? Defending American Values from a President Run Amok
How Would a Patriot Act? Defending American Values from a President Run Amok
by Glenn Greenwald
100 used & new from $0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars What an Eye Opener, June 11, 2006
One thing this book does is tie together all the abuses by the Bush administration that the media has been reporting and outline the reasons we should be very, very concerned, regardless of political affiliation. Be sure to read this book before November 2006.

Mr. Shmooze: The Art and Science of Selling Through Relationships
Mr. Shmooze: The Art and Science of Selling Through Relationships
by Richard Abraham
86 used & new from $0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars Reading This Book Is Now On My List Of Life-Changing Events, October 12, 2005
Wow. Buy this book, no matter who you are or how you make your living. I actually complained to the cashier at the bookstore about the price of this book, but now I realize this book is worth it's price x $1,000 and surely more, over time. A quarter of the way through the book I felt my perspective on all of my current relationships start to change dramatically, and while I was reading the book, I had to take down notes of all the new ideas I was getting about how to relate to my friends, family and acquaintances. Less than 24 hours after finishing the book, I am relating to people in a very different way, and noticing how much more warm they are toward me in return. Talk about results. Buy this book.

Page: 1 | 2