Your Garage botysf16 Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Explore Premium Audio Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Best Camping & Hiking Gear in Outdoors STEM
Profile for Becca S > Reviews

Browse

Becca S's Profile

Customer Reviews: 81

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Becca S "Becca" RSS Feed (Nashville, Tennessee)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9
Panache Swim Women's Elle Balconnet Bikini Top
Panache Swim Women's Elle Balconnet Bikini Top
Price: $29.99 - $66.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Confidence Booster, July 17, 2015
I love this! I am rather large in the chest (30K) and this fits great, covers well, and most importantly... makes me feel amazing.

DaVinci Annabelle 2-in-1 Mini Crib and Twin Bed, Espresso
DaVinci Annabelle 2-in-1 Mini Crib and Twin Bed, Espresso
Price: $122.99
13 used & new from $122.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Good crib for small spaces, March 24, 2015
We've had the crib for several months now. My main complaint is how easily the paint chips. We barely touch it with anything and it scratches. Other than that though, the crib has been great so far. Our baby is 5 months and fits in it comfortably, although she's on the smaller side. We live in a one-bedroom apartment so it was necessary to buy a crib that wouldn't take over our room.

We went through several different sheets and other such things to find what fits this crib so I'm going to share my tips.

We bought the Davinci Crescent Mini Crib Universal Fit Waterproof 50-Coil Mattress from Amazon and went with no mattress cover (since the crib is waterproof). I tried several sheets on Amazon and finally went with the Babies R Us portacrib sheets. They fit much better than any other sheets sold on here for portacribs. Finally we use the BreathableBaby Breathable Bumper for Portable and Cradle Cribs and it works great.
Comment Comment | Permalink

The One & Only: A Novel
The One & Only: A Novel
Offered by Random House LLC
Price: $11.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Slow start, December 25, 2014
This book has a lot of football references and in the beginning I found them boring. Thus a slow read. I think a lot of people will have issues with the main relationship but it didn't bother me. Not the best Giffin book but pretty good.

The Sims 4 - PC/Mac
The Sims 4 - PC/Mac
Price: $29.99
184 used & new from $25.99

4.0 out of 5 stars After hearing all the bad reviews, I was skeptical, September 25, 2014
This review is from: The Sims 4 - PC/Mac (Video Game)
After hearing all the bad reviews, I was skeptical, however I REALLY like this game. It's a different feel than Sims 3 and takes some getting used to, but I've already noticed how much faster it loads, how much more intuitive it is to play, and I can see so many improvements. I will update after I've played more, but I think a lot of people are just being ridiculously picky.

It's You Babe Mini Cradle, Small (136-180 Pounds)
It's You Babe Mini Cradle, Small (136-180 Pounds)
Offered by Medical Solution
Price: $22.00
9 used & new from $16.98

4.0 out of 5 stars so baby is already sticking out quite a bit and the only way to comfortably wear this belt is on the innermost loop, August 1, 2014
Here is my initial impression.

I weigh 168 lbs (while pregnant) currently and was 143 lbs when I got pregnant. So I ordered the size small. I am petite and have a short waist, so baby is already sticking out quite a bit and the only way to comfortably wear this belt is on the innermost loop. So, for me, the sizing has worked out great as I still have 3 months of baby bump growing. I will update in another month or two to say if this belt holds up or not.

No Place Like Oz: A Dorothy Must Die Prequel Novella (Dorothy Must Die series Book 1)
Offered by HarperCollins Publishers
Price: $1.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Interesting, February 12, 2014
This book intrigued me. I love the story of the Wizard of Oz and everything to do with it. So I was excited for a retelling, and this time Dorothy is wicked! It was a little slow to begin, but picks up quickly and ties into the original story well.

Life Before Legend: Stories of the Criminal and the Prodigy (LEGEND Trilogy)
Life Before Legend: Stories of the Criminal and the Prodigy (LEGEND Trilogy)
Offered by Penguin Group (USA) LLC
Price: $2.99

2.0 out of 5 stars Not informative, January 25, 2014
I don't find prequels entertaining to read and this was no exception. I read it solely to get back into the Legend world. I'm hoping book two is far better.

Hyperbole and a Half: Unfortunate Situations, Flawed Coping Mechanisms, Mayhem, and Other Things That Happened
Offered by Simon and Schuster Digital Sales Inc
Price: $11.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Amusing, January 21, 2014
An entertaining and quick read. Some of the stories are from the blog, but there are many new ones as well.

Let Hope in: 4 Choices That Will Change Your Life Forever
Let Hope in: 4 Choices That Will Change Your Life Forever
by Pete Wilson
Price: $14.64
109 used & new from $0.01

4.0 out of 5 stars Forgiveness is not reconciling, October 1, 2013
A month or so ago I was given the opportunity to join the street team for my pastor's (Pete Wilson) newest book Let Hope In. I love reading and doing book reviews, so I jumped at the chance.

I really enjoyed this book and highlighted several times in each chapter. I thought I'd share my favorite "nuggets" from the book with you.

"Forgiveness is NOT condoning."

I don't know about you, but there are people and situations in my life that I haven't been able to get over. I've lost a lot of friendships over the years due to wrongs that never felt righted, to me. One of the points Pete makes in this book is "Forgiveness is the opposite of excusing. The fact that forgiveness is needed and granted indicates that what someone did was wrong and inexcusable. Forgiveness says, `We both know that what you did was wrong and without excuse. Since God has forgiven me, I forgive you.'"

Wow! I know there are grievances I have held against certain people for a really long time, because I felt that what they did was not inexcusable. Of course, some of these grievances I've been allowed to share with the other person, but with others, I never received closure. It's tough when someone wrongs you and then never apologizes or acknowledges what they've done. I'm sure we've all been there... someone gets mad and yells and then you end up apologizing to them when they yelled in the first place. Well, at least I would end up apologizing because I try to keep the peace. It's the "every one needs to get along" part of my personality.

Pete talks about a second part to this idea...

"Forgiving is not reconciling."
I've had friendships fall apart because reconciliation wasn't possible. I know that for my sanity it's time to bury the hatchet and move on, and reading this chapter helped me realize that just because I forgive the person doesn't mean I condone their behavior OR that we have to still be friends.

There is so much that can be shared from this book, but you really need to experience it for yourself.

I was not paid to do this review, and all opinions and thoughts are my own. I was given a ARC by the publisher in exchange for a fair review.

Chat Love
Chat Love
Price: $9.49

5.0 out of 5 stars A must read!, September 2, 2013
This review is from: Chat Love (Kindle Edition)
A copy of this book was provided to me free by the author in exchange for a review.

At first glances, I didn't think there was much hope for this book. I tend to judge books by their covers (I know, I know) and this one just doesn't appeal to me. Based on the title, I had no idea what this book was about. So I read the summary, and was intrigued.

The first few pages were hard to get into, but once I began reading I found myself hooked. I had to finish and find out the ending!

This book is very engaging. Lucia, our main character), is a 28-year old single woman. She's about to attend her high school reunion and is without a husband. According to her Italian family, this is not acceptable. Lucia finds herself on an online dating service called Chat Love after almost giving up on finding a decent guy on her own.

I found this part of the book intriguing because I never used an online dating service, but I had friends who did. One of them even met her husband through one of these sites. The name is kind of corny, but I enjoyed reading the different stories and scenarios Lucia was put in because of her online dating experience. You can tell the author writes from experience, which makes the material more genuine.

While all of this is going on, Lucia's friends from high school are still in her life and resemble the sex and the city characters to some extent. I couldn't decide if this was a good or bad thing, and honestly, I didn't realize the obvious similarities until after. We also meet her coworkers, including Jackson who Lucia finds herself attracted to (of course). I wouldn't say Jackson is forced upon the reader, in fact in the beginning he's not on the radar at all, but over time I softened towards him.

Of course, there is also Lucia's Italian family who are pressing her to marry. I had no idea Italians were so intent on their kids getting married young. This aspect of the story reminds me of "My Big Fat Greek Wedding" and so I can say Chat Love is a mix of Sex and the City meets MBFGW.

This book made me cry, y'all. For a book to make me cry, I HAVE to give it 5 stars. It's not a sad book, but I went through many emotions alongside Lucia and I guess I needed a good cry.

I really enjoyed this book and I'm glad I was given the chance to read. I wouldn't normally have chosen chick lit, without hearing about it from several friends, but this was a pleasant surprise.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9