Profile for Really Mad Scientist > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 6

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Really Mad Scientist RSS Feed (IL United States)

3x BIRUGEAR Sync and Transfer charging Micro-USB Retractable Data Cable for Motorola i886, Atrix 4G MB860; BlackBerry Bold 9780, Style 9670, Curve 3G 9330, Curve 3G 9300; HTC Arrive, 7 Trophy, Freestyle, Desire HD, Inspire 4G, EVO Shift 6100 4G and more
Offered by BlueMall
Price: $4.01

2.0 out of 5 stars Very Low Quality, August 14, 2012
I bought two sets of these. These things are very fragile, and they will fall apart easily as I have experienced. The product is made in China, and the quality is very low. The product description has a wrong statement: push a button to retract all cord. Well, there is no button. The only reason this was not rated one star is because the syncing and charging actually works, just not the mechanism that retracts the cord.

PureGo Filtered Water Bottle
PureGo Filtered Water Bottle

5.0 out of 5 stars Good Filtered Water Bottle, April 7, 2011
I use this filtered water bottle to drink the tap water coming from Chicago (I live in one of the outlying suburbs). Not only does PureGo makes the water taste better, but there is no funny smell, either. I have been using this bottle for about 4 months now and will be buying two more. Yes, PureGo is a bit pricey, but it will pay for itself in less than a month if you're someone who buys bottled water every day.

PROs
---------
1. Makes water taste better.
2. Water doesn't smell funny when run through the filter.
3. Bottle design is nice.
4. Convenient, built-in straw.
5. Other features mentioned in PureGo's description.

CONs
---------
1. Can't squeeze too hard on the bottle as it will leak a bit at the top (minor annoyance).
2. The filter itself displaces about 10% of the water in the bottle (minor, no big deal).

Belkin N1 Wireless Router
Belkin N1 Wireless Router
10 used & new from $10.99

1.0 out of 5 stars Unreliable Junk, January 18, 2009
I purchased this particular product about a year ago because of its features and ease of setup, and it also replaced my pre-N which had sporadic connection problems. From day one, my internet connection would simply reset itself at least once nearly every day. My bandwidth usage is pretty high because I download and evaluate a lot of open-source software, and I also administer Linux machines remotely. So, I thought my ISP was trying to limit my bandwidth by throttling my connection. Turns out, that wasn't the case. Then, I thought since the router is N technology and my clients were G, then changing the router to G should help. Nope, same problem. I've made other kinds of adjustments to all of the settings in the router and even went on the message boards to get help in putting together the "perfect settings." I had the latest firmware installed. And still, my internet connection kept resetting. This went on for a year.

Finally, I decided to buy a different brand router (Netgear model WGR614). This router is just a regular wireless-G router. After using it for about four months, it never went down once, and I didn't have to make any changes to some of the low-level settings! Yup, the problem was Belkin.

I'll never buy any Belkin product again. [...]
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jan 18, 2009 2:53 PM PST

Sorel Men's Intrepid Explorer 100 Snow Boot,Black,8 M US
Sorel Men's Intrepid Explorer 100 Snow Boot,Black,8 M US
Price: $240.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Very Nice Boots, January 6, 2009
The Intrepid Explorer boots are the best boots I've ever owned. They are very warm. They are a little awkward at first due to its large external size, but one will quickly get used to walking in them in no time. It also took about 15 minutes to break them in. If you're familiar with Herman Munster, the boots resemble his shoes and size. And as Big Bob pointed out, these boots are large internally, too. I'm a size 8.5 to 9 and am glad I purchased the size 8's (great tip, Big Bob). There is enough room on the inside of the boots for someone who wants to wear multiple pairs of socks. Although a bit pricey, I highly recommend these boots.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Oct 11, 2011 8:24 PM PDT

Mygica SuperColor HD TV Box Video Converter Box, Support up to 30" LCD Monitor, PIP, High Definition 1920X1200, Standalone, NTSC TV Tuner Build-in for Cable TV on PC

4.0 out of 5 stars This is an analog tuner, December 10, 2008
Product works fine with a good antenna. Remember folks, this is *NOT* a digital tuner. It's analog, and this device will be useless in the USA come February 2009. It will, however, still be useful in Canada until 2011 and in Mexico until 2022. I bought this device because I will be giving this as a gift to a friend in Canada. The seller should add "analog" to the title or in the description as most people don't know what NTSC/PAL is and may hastily assume it to be a digital tuner.
Comment Comments (7) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Dec 11, 2012 2:51 PM PST

Vedic Mathematics or Sixteen Simple Mathematical Formulae from the Vedas
Vedic Mathematics or Sixteen Simple Mathematical Formulae from the Vedas
by Sri Bharati Krisna Tirthaji
Price: $22.00
47 used & new from $7.81

5.0 out of 5 stars Inspiring and Fascinating, January 15, 2003
This book was given to me by a friend from India. I just have to say that this book is inspiring in such a way that it provides a new way of thinking in Mathematics. What I found most fascinating is that this way of thinking has been around for over 100 years and very few people know about it! It's a pity this is not taught in American schools because it gives a different perspective on how to solve problems - actually a much easier way to solve problems. If you have kids or you yourself want to solve problems easier (and faster), I strongly recommend this book.

The majority of the American public is blind about the rest of the world's great achievements, not just mathematics, but also the arts and sciences. Truly unfortunate.

Vince
Comment Comments (4) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Sep 28, 2013 2:57 PM PDT