Profile for N. Beitler > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 1109

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

N. Beitler "Avid Reader" RSS Feed (Aurora, IL United States)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
Portal The Cake Is A Lie Premium Men's T-Shirt, X-Large
Portal The Cake Is A Lie Premium Men's T-Shirt, X-Large
Offered by newbury-comics
Price: $15.35
3 used & new from $14.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Great t-shirt!, May 23, 2015
This is a fun, themed t-shirt that people will either immediately recognize or ponder over. The shirt looks nice, fits as expected, and met my expectations. I also like it that the message of the shirt can be used as an illustration to help convey other messages.

Fauna
Fauna
Price: $29.09
15 used & new from $23.00

3.0 out of 5 stars This game is for a niche consumer. Unfortunately, most of my family is not part of that niche..., May 23, 2015
This review is from: Fauna (Toy)
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I'm a big fan of animals of all sorts, so I was pretty excited to try out this game. I remember hearing about it on a gaming podcast of some sort and it piqued my interest. I was more than happy to receive a demo copy of this game to play test. The game arrived in a used, but complete condition.

I like the theme of it and I enjoy trivia, so I was pretty sure I would like the game. However, playing it with my family was a real bummer. My family doesn't enjoy learning about animals nearly as much as I do, and they were unimpressed with the game. There was much sitting and thinking on their turns, which led to my kids getting distracted and fiddling around with anything within reach and touching each other. We cut the game off early and switched to a shorter, faster, non-thinking game before they annoyed me to the point of eruption. I still think this has the potential to be a fun game if played with the right crowd, but I don't have any friends who would really fit the bill for this game, either. Oh well. At least I have plenty of other games in my game cabinet to choose from. I probably won't be bringing this game out for a long time.

Scotts Turf Builder Lawn Food - Lawn Food with Moss Control Fertilizer, 5,000-Sq Ft
Price: $19.99
8 used & new from $19.99

3.0 out of 5 stars Great for Moss Control...Not Great for Fertilizer, May 18, 2015
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
Our backyard is very shady and we have a mild moss problem in our backyard. I would say this product has helped our moss growth disappear and has replaced the moss growth with healthy grass. However, our front yard is sunny and there really isn't any moss in the front, but I did use this as a fertilizer in front. Not good. This has seemed to burn our grass in front. You can tell exactly where I walked with the spreader and I followed the directions to a T.
In short, if you have a moss problem in your yard then I would highly recommend this product. It definitely kills the moss and it "probably" helps the overall health and thickness of your grass in moss filled areas. However, as far as just using it to fertilize your lawn, this is not the product for you. I would be careful to only use this product on the portion of your lawn where moss is a problem.

SOFI Zipper Tote, Small, 10 X 10.75 X 10.75 Inches (0763301)
SOFI Zipper Tote, Small, 10 X 10.75 X 10.75 Inches (0763301)
Price: $14.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Great for Organizing! Great for a College Dorm Room!, May 18, 2015
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
The Sofi Zipper Tote is a sturdy, storage unit. The convenient zippered front panel makes this easy to open and retrieve things. This storage system is perfect for a college dorm room or for any closet! This unit is compatible with the Sofi Stax Shelf, which is a two shelf system...kind of like a dresser, only the size of a small filing cabinet. This sturdy bin is made out of recycled material, has a zippered front and a sturdy handle to pull the drawer out.

If you do not have the Sofi Stax Shelf, no worries, this works great as a bin on top of a dresser or desk. You can use it to store cleaning supplies, bathroom supplies (college student), office supplies or anything that you want to keep together. I use this for the clutter on top of my son's dresser. This is his "treasure box" and as long as it is in his treasure box he can keep it.

If organization is your thing...you will love this. If organization is not your thing...this will help you to be more organized!

Scott-Vincent Borba Anti-Fatigue 8 Hour SPF 29 Mineral Foundation Anti-Wrinkle Treatment and Compressed Treatment Mask, 02 Medium, 0.2 oz.
Price: $50.00

2.0 out of 5 stars No Thanks!, May 18, 2015
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
This product was nothing special for me and it certainly isn't the Anti-Wrinkle Treatment miracle! I think the powder form seems to almost accentuate the wrinkles! It also claims that it is foundation, well it isn't in my book! Foundation for me covers blemishes or sun spots...not this stuff! It is also difficult to apply as it comes with no brush. I'm not a make-up girl...I've never had formal lessons on colors or make-up trends, but this is just an extra expense with no outcome to show for it. Another negative is that it is so messy! I used a brush to apply this and by the time I was done, it was all over the counter!

All in all, it is just another Anti-Fatigue, Anti-Wrinkle treatment that promises results, but fails to deliver.

Head & Shoulders Smooth & Silky 2-In-1 Dandruff Shampoo + Conditioner 23.7 Fl Oz (Pack of 2)
Price: $16.79
11 used & new from $16.79

4.0 out of 5 stars Seems like a pretty good shampoo/conditioner product to me!, May 18, 2015
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
It's been a long time since I've used conditioner on my hair. I forgot how soft it makes my hair feel!

I'm a long-time user of Head & Shoulders - among other brands of dandruff shampoo. I've always had good success with H&S, and this product seems just as effective. My hairy is naturally more oily than most, so I don't usually use conditioner shampoos that would cause my hair to be coated with anything else. However, I have not found this shampoo to cause my hair to become more oily more quickly than normal.

While my initial response to this shampoo is favorable, I will return to edit this review and add more thoughts after using it for a month.

Old Wolf
Old Wolf
by Avi
Price: $12.74

3.0 out of 5 stars Unfortunately, this book just wasn't very good..., May 14, 2015
This review is from: Old Wolf (Hardcover)
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
This book was a bit disappointing. The first thing that disappointed me was the lack of artwork. It really couldn't be helped, I suppose, as my version was an advance reader copy, but I was still disappointed to not be able to see the artwork that was advertised (on the cover) to have been done by a Caldecott artist.
The second thing that disappointed me was my lack of emotional response to this story. As much as I enjoy animal stories, there was nothing clever or memorable about this one. It was fairly dull and lacked the tension, humor, or drama needed to hook a reader. The story had a poor flow, an anti-climactic ending, and forgettable protagonists that I, unfortunately, was not able to empathize with and who performed no extraordinary or clever acts. There was no clear theme or moral lesson to the book, either.
Considering I just finished reading another animal story with similar characters and setting that was so much better than this one, I find it difficult to give this book a positive rating.

TheraBreath PLUS Professional Formula Fresh Breath Oral Rinse - Extra Strength, 16 Ounce (Pack of 2)
Price: $24.94

4.0 out of 5 stars A great odor-killing mouthwash for after those particularly spicy meals or a long night's sleep..., May 13, 2015
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
Works well as a bad breath killer. You will still want to use a cavity-fighting mouthwash in conjunction with this product, of course, but if what you are really wanting is an odor-killer, this is a great choice. I have used several other TheraBreath products and have not been disappointed, yet.

TheraBreath PLUS Professional Formula Fresh Breath Toothpaste - Extra Strength, 4 Ounce (Pack of 2)
Price: $26.32

3.0 out of 5 stars An interesting product that works, but doesn't take the place of a standard sort of toothpaste..., May 11, 2015
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
This is a toothpaste that you will want to use in conjunction with a more standard toothpaste. This toothpaste is (surprisingly) clear in color and really doesn't foam up at all. It takes a bit of time to get used to brushing your teeth with something that doesn't foam. While it does seem to do a pretty good job or killing bad breath odors, I still feel like I need to brush with an anti-cavity toothpaste, first, and then follow up with the TheraBreath toothpaste.

Old El Paso Bold Nacho Stand N Stuff Taco Shells, 5.4 Ounce (Pack of 12)
Old El Paso Bold Nacho Stand N Stuff Taco Shells, 5.4 Ounce (Pack of 12)
Price: $35.72
2 used & new from $35.72

4.0 out of 5 stars Tasty!, May 11, 2015
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
Our family tried these BOLD Nacho Cheese flavored taco shells tonight for supper and they were a big hit! They come 10 in a box and were gone in one sitting! As far as flavor goes,these tacos get five stars! The flavor is similar to a Dorito. The stand and stuff shells seem to hold more than the average hard shell taco and we were able to eat them with less mess.

I did remove one star because our box of taco shells were all broken inside. There were a few shells that were in tack, but for the most part they were like Doritos because they were broken into chip sizes. The other reason I took that last star away is that these shells are high in calories, high in fat and add no necessary nutrients to your body. The list of ingredients also include many long words...like Guanylate and Guar Gum...and many other things that are unknowns to me.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20