Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer showtimemulti showtimemulti showtimemulti  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis Water Sports
Profile for Kindle Customer > Reviews

Browse

Kindle Customer's Profile

Customer Reviews: 168

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Kindle Customer "Charmaine" RSS Feed (Castro Valley, CA)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-17
Conquering Alexandria
Conquering Alexandria

4.0 out of 5 stars Good book for a debut, April 17, 2015
I'm thinking this is the author's first book, for .99 it was a decent read. The storyline was interesting, the characters were cute together. My biggest issue is that the characters sound very stilted in their speech. There's not a lot of use of contractions, for instance, so the words don't flow as smoothly as they should. Overall it was a cute story, though.

Cinder's Rising
Cinder's Rising
Price: $0.99

2.0 out of 5 stars Ok, April 14, 2015
This review is from: Cinder's Rising (Kindle Edition)
This was my first book by this author. It was short, light and lacking substance. I love the idea of a Cinderella story but this one is mostly just boy meets girl, they have a lot of sex, the end. For .99 I guess I got what I paid for.

The Soccer Mom's Bad Boy
The Soccer Mom's Bad Boy
Price: $3.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Loved it, April 11, 2015
Another adorable Jordan Silver story sucked my day away. This one features a single mom and a typical don't mess with him or what's his alpha hero. Very entertaining read, well worth the wait!

His Holiday Gift
His Holiday Gift

4.0 out of 5 stars So sweet!, April 5, 2015
This review is from: His Holiday Gift (Kindle Edition)
Delightful, heartwarming, steamy little Christmas story! I loved these two, how they ran into each other, how they needed each other. I wish it had been longer, but I always hate to see a Jordan Silver book end.

The Crush: A Stepbrother Romance
The Crush: A Stepbrother Romance

4.0 out of 5 stars Adorable, March 31, 2015
Very cute story, I just wish it was longer for the price. They are not technically related, and weren't really raised together, so no ick factor there.

Kicking and Screaming
Kicking and Screaming
Price: $3.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Fun story, March 25, 2015
This was an entertaining read and had much better editing than many of her books. Maxie is an angry little spitfire because of her family. Picture Cinderella and her stepmother and step sisters. She is not kind to Jackson when she meets him, in part because of a misunderstanding which is eventually straightened out. Jackson takes Maxie home with him, realizing she is the one, and spends the rest of the book sorting out her drama, protecting her from anyone and everyone and generally spoiling her to make up for her nasty family. He is a typical Jordan Silver alpha, she's his and he expects her to obey, but really this applies to her safety. Their first time was a bit unorthodox, she was fast asleep when he decided to take her virginity while sliding a ring on her finger. However, Maxie doesn't seem to mind, aside from the initial pain she pretty much jumps on board. I loved the epilogue!

Dangerously In Love
Dangerously In Love

4.0 out of 5 stars Another interesting read, March 17, 2015
I have to admit that I sort hated both Roman and Vicki in the beginning. Vicki shared a kiss with a male friend that Roman witnessed. Her intentions were good...sort of. She was doing it to prove a point, not cheat, but it was a stupid move and Roman doesn't take it too well. He is a complete jerk to her after this, and borderline abusive, I was not really okay with some of the things he did, but then again, being in his head, I found myself sympathetic to how he was feeling. Everything eventually gets straightened out between the two, drama unfolds around them, and we once again have an alpha male in protection mode.

The Billionaire
The Billionaire

4.0 out of 5 stars Interesting story, March 17, 2015
This review is from: The Billionaire (Kindle Edition)
I bought this despite the reviews and I'm glad I did. I knocked off a star for editing, as this particular story had far more than just a few mistakes. This particular book starts off with Gideon lusting after 17 year old Ashley. He's 26. I was able to look past this because she was just a few months shy of 18, and noble Gideon would have waited for his girl if he hadn't had to rescue her from a terrible situation. He is a typical alpha hero written by Jordan Silver: he knows what he wants, goes after it and will do anything to protect his lady. Things get kind of crazy in the second half, there is mention of werewolves but it's not really a major theme of the story. There is also an underlying plot to take down a child sex trafficking ring, this might be an uncomfortable subject for some to read about, although I felt she did it okay, not going into to much detail. Overall I enjoyed this story. Ashley behaved very young for an almost 18 year old, I'm guessing because of how she was brought up. Her innocence is part of the draw for Gideon though.

Talon's Heart
Talon's Heart

5.0 out of 5 stars I enjoyed it., March 16, 2015
This review is from: Talon's Heart (Kindle Edition)
I was hesitant to buy this because of the bad reviews. It's a typical Jordan Silver, so if you don't like a hot, bossy alpha male who will do everything he can to protect his woman and make sure she's happy, then steer clear! This was a really sweet story with a satisfyingly lengthy epilogue.

The Hurricane
The Hurricane

5.0 out of 5 stars Wow. Just.....wow., March 9, 2015
This review is from: The Hurricane (Kindle Edition)
This is the first book I'd read by this author and I can't wait to see what else she has to offer. It's a different story than many I've read lately: Emily is a down on her luck student and waitress, recovering from an abusive upbringing by her stepfather that ended in her being raped. She lives in fear of being found by him again. O'Connell is a fighter. It's pretty much love at first sight for him, but it takes Emily a bit to accept the love of this man. O'Connell is a different hero, also recovering from a hard childhood. Emily inspires him to do more and be more, it is because of her that he decides to get serious about his fighting and train to go pro. Warning: there is a flashback to Emily's rape. I really hate reading these kinds of scenes, but she doesn't go into a lot of detail, so it was tolerable. There are also several flashbacks of her being beaten by her stepfather.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-17