Safety Month Summer Reading Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Adele The best from Bose just got wireless Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks STEM Amazon Cash Back Offer AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Best Camping & Hiking Gear in Outdoors STEM
Profile for Mekoche > Reviews

Browse

Mekoche's Profile

Customer Reviews: 9

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Mekoche RSS Feed (DC USA)

The Green Inferno
The Green Inferno
DVD
Price: $5.99

1.0 out of 5 stars Indigenous Portrayal as Bad as Old Tarzan movies, January 19, 2016
This review is from: The Green Inferno (Amazon Video)
Weak stereotypes used for every character. I don't bandy the term racist around but in this case the portrayal of the indigenous people is extremely racist. Design, lighting and sound gives this a nice sheen but it is still unwatchable because of the characterization.

OREI Grounded Universal 2 in 1 Plug Adapter Type G for UK, Hong Kong, Singapore & more - High Quality - CE Certified - RoHS Compliant WP-G-GN
Price: $5.99
5 used & new from $5.30

5.0 out of 5 stars Yay! An adapter!, July 11, 2013
This worked perfectly fine in Ireland. My wife and I fought over it constantly. She with her flat iron and dryer versus me with my phone and tablets. You can plug not one but two things into it!

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars Beat my expectations, September 17, 2012
I've had several FM transmitters and have always considered them a pain to use and never very good in delivering a clear signal. I was very surprised at how clear the Smartmini broadcasts. The smart scanning for a clear signal beats looking one up on MIT's radio locator as I did before. If you live in a radio dense environment as I do this is the perfect choice for getting your signal on the radio.

LG Lucid, Black 8GB (Verizon Wireless)
LG Lucid, Black 8GB (Verizon Wireless)
Price: $296.00
8 used & new from $34.75

4.0 out of 5 stars surprising good phone, June 24, 2012
I usually only consider HTC or Nexus phones but I had to pick a free phone for my upgrade. I looked at the Bionic and considered paying extra for a Razr but once I held this phone and actually used it I was won over. It is a shame this well designed and very capable phone has been panned by most reviewers. The speaker and LG propietary interface are the only detractors but are definitely serviceable.

When the Tea Party Came to Town: Inside the U.S. House of Representatives' Most Combative, Dysfunctional, and Infuriating Term in Modern History
Offered by Simon and Schuster Digital Sales Inc
Price: $11.99

4.0 out of 5 stars A closer look at the 112th Congress, May 1, 2012
Draper gives some minor background on house players then takes us in close to see the 112th House of Representatives warts and all. He reveals the way the house changed from a functioning body of deal makers to a frozen bureaucracy. Special attention is given to the 2010 freshmen who pushed the nation to default on it's obligations. This book makes an excellent study of the House of Representatives but leaves one yearning for more on the other branches of government and how they functioned as the house broke down in 2010.

The Forever War
The Forever War
by Joe Haldeman
Price: $11.76
137 used & new from $4.12

3.0 out of 5 stars Good Sci-Fi, April 10, 2011
This review is from: The Forever War (Paperback)
I found Forever War to be an easy read. The time dialation was my favorite concept, although his choice of near future dates (the book was written in 1975) for some events had me taking his prologue advice of looking at the novel as a parallel world too often. I think if Ridley Scott gets a good screenplay for the movie, you get a good story with all of the stumbling points such as the creepy 70s feel scrubbed from an otherwise excellent study on time, war and humanity.

Godless: How an Evangelical Preacher Became One of America's Leading Atheists
Godless: How an Evangelical Preacher Became One of America's Leading Atheists
by Dan Barker
Price: $12.71
131 used & new from $2.88

3.0 out of 5 stars Interesting views of a convert, June 14, 2010
Barker's view is a unique one in the secular world in that his past was deeply entwined with the Pentecostal movement. His awakening to reason and logic is passionately displayed in these pages. His knowledge of the faithful and their bible illuminate how these forces hold humanity back and reward ignorance and intolerance.

Panasonic Lumix DMC-LZ8K 8MP Digital Camera with 5x Wide Angle MEGA Optical Image Stabilized Zoom (Black)
Offered by Protect Success
Price: $199.99
10 used & new from $69.98

4.0 out of 5 stars Loaded with options, May 2, 2008
This camera met all my criteria as a casual shutterbug. I wanted an ultra compact with descent optics and manual overides for less than two hundred bucks. This camera bettered my expectations in clarity and color. I was happy with the macro, video quality, quick focus and zoom.

I've never owned a compact digi that performed great in low light without some graininess. There is a preset scene mode called candlelight that I haven't tinkered with yet that may improve this issue, but it is still exponentially better than my old Cybershot 3.2mp.

This is a great camera for budget minded shooters that want something with lots of options and aren't too put out to clean up a few pics in Photoshop.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: May 17, 2008 1:21 PM PDT

PSP AV Cable
PSP AV Cable
Offered by StoccPile
Price: $12.95
24 used & new from $2.02

5.0 out of 5 stars Great accessory!, January 10, 2008
This review is from: PSP AV Cable (Video Game)
Great accessory for your PSP! If you want to play games though, buy a nice progressive scan TV and the composite cables.