Profile for Arcadios > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 9

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Arcadios RSS Feed (New York)

Illmatic
Illmatic
Offered by Big_Box_Bargains
Price: $7.46
60 used & new from $0.89

5.0 out of 5 stars Revival of the Great Album of All Time, September 23, 2007
This review is from: Illmatic (Audio CD)
Illmatic is what you would call the holy scriptures of Hip Hop. It's perfect in every way possible. The 10 tracks on it is more than enough to fill your ears with enlightenment. Tracks like "N.Y. State of Mind", "The World is Yours" and "It Ain't Hard To Tell" drive you into a world where only your mind can go and feel like it's in paradise. You may think I'm exaggerating or I'm giving it too much praise but it's that good for any person that enjoys listen to real Hip Hop. It's no doubt in my mind that this desrves a full 5 stars. The second disc is more of a extra track list since the reason I bought this album was for much greater quality compared to it's original CD release. More bass for the car.

Curtis
Curtis
160 used & new from $0.01

3.0 out of 5 stars Better than The Massacre at least, September 23, 2007
This review is from: Curtis (Audio CD)
50 Cent's latest efforts have you thinking it was average. Most people now hate his music more than ever but this should have been his second released instead of The Massacre. There are some addictive tracks like "I Get Money", "My Gun Go Off" and even the radio hit "Follow The Leader" are what got me into the album but some tracks feel tedious enough for you to push stop. 50 Cent had yet to reach the potential he had on Get Rich or Die Tryin'.

Be
Be
Price: $7.39
117 used & new from $0.78

5.0 out of 5 stars Let it Be, September 23, 2007
This review is from: Be (Audio CD)
An incredible 5 star album. From the very first track Common has you thinking in new views. Each track has a lasting effect that keeps you striving for more. The lyric content of this album is what shouldn't be ignored in Hip Hop but still is. This album should have gone 5 times platinum. Usually I favor a hand full of tracks but all the tracks on this album make it worthy of buying it twice but the absolute track that is number one has to be "Be(Intro". It's lyrical content, beat and delivery are the key to isn't radiance.

T.I. Vs Tip
T.I. Vs Tip
Price: $7.99
95 used & new from $0.01

2.0 out of 5 stars Tip's a "little" off on this one, September 23, 2007
This review is from: T.I. Vs Tip (Audio CD)
T.I. has been calling himself the "King of the South" for as long as I can remember but this effort has him rethinking that title. His 2006 release, "King", was an album designed to be the highlight of his carrer as stated by himself in an XXL Magazine interview but T.I. vs T.I.P. isn't a good follow up. The album seems like it's more of an unreleased project made from a record company just to make more money. The album feels like a bunch of tracks clumped together with advertisement behind it. Songs like "My Type" and "Watch What You Say To Me" are the only notable songs on the disk while "Help is Coming" has you thinking if T.I. really knows what Hip Hop is.

Late Registration
Late Registration
171 used & new from $0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars West's Best, September 23, 2007
This review is from: Late Registration (Audio CD)
Released back in 2005, Late Registration was the album of the year. Powerful lyrics with beats that felt like your breathing went with the sounds. This beast The College Dropout and Graduation by a long run. Tracks like "We Major", "Diamonds" and "Gone" have lyrics that will impact you enough to keep your finger on the repeat button. One of my personal favorites would be "Addiction". The production makes you feel like you can sink into watter, with a hazy mind and not drown. If you like any of Kanye West's songs then I would highly recommend this.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Oct 24, 2007 1:18 PM PDT

Finding Forever
Finding Forever
Price: $13.99
138 used & new from $0.01

4.0 out of 5 stars Be's Sequel, September 23, 2007
This review is from: Finding Forever (Audio CD)
Common would be the definition of an MC. His status in the universe of Hip Hop is more of a galaxies compared to those insects that only write "verses" like they were still in kindergarten. No names mentioned because they know who they are. Finding Forever could be thought of as Be Part 2 but it just dosen't surpass it's predecessor. Strong lyrics make this album whole with beats that hold them down but towards the end you get a bit fazed out. Tracks like "The People", "Southside" and "Black Maybe" bring this album to the spotlight. This isn't Common's best but this puts those other rappers in a position where they question if they should continue to create "music".

Graduation
Graduation
102 used & new from $0.89

4.0 out of 5 stars Graduation grabs you for awhile, September 23, 2007
This review is from: Graduation (Audio CD)
Graduation is the third album in Kanye West's discography. Once you listen to this album, you'll be catching yourself dragging back to it everytime you turn on your MP3 Player/Computer/Car stereo. Graduation has a lot of what we need in Hip Hop right now. Kanye isn't a full fledged MC like say Nas or Jay but he's close to it in the category of "rapper". Graduation has a large category of beats that will leave you memorized. The lyrical contains isn't as heart pounding as his last solo project "Late Registration" but it dosen't tag behind too much of a distance. Songs like "Flashing Lights", "I Wonder" and "Big Brother are what make the album sound so great. If you liked Kanye's past efforts then this one is defiantly worth a listen.

Rotten Apple
Rotten Apple
Offered by Route 54 Bargain Outlet
Price: $13.99
79 used & new from $0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Album But Hunger For More Is Superior, October 10, 2006
This review is from: Rotten Apple (Audio CD)
Lloyd Banks delivers in this album.

He has alot of up speed tracks which is great for a good rush of energy.

It comes close to his first album, The Hunger For More, but this is still up high.

I was waiting for this album in the 4th quarter.

I mark this off, next up is The Doctor's Advocate and Hip-Hop Is Dead.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Oct 10, 2006 5:47 PM PDT

Final Fantasy X: Original Soundtrack
Final Fantasy X: Original Soundtrack
51 used & new from $22.80

4.0 out of 5 stars Might be pirated, August 26, 2006
When I recieved my copy of this I was excted but once I opened it I was confused weither it was legit or not. Some of the songs skipped and it got annoying after awhile even though the CD's weren't scratched. Over all it was nice that I got my music but....ehh....was it really worth it?
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: May 4, 2007 3:05 PM PDT