Profile for Patrick Galvin > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 12

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Patrick Galvin RSS Feed (Portland, Oregon USA)

Page: 1 | 2
Onyx Webb: Episode One: The Story Begins
Onyx Webb: Episode One: The Story Begins
Price: $5.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Onyx Webb Drew Me In, October 15, 2014
I started this book with no idea what to expect. I don't usually read this genre but I decided to give it a try as the description intrigued me. I'm glad that I did! As the story unfolds, the characters truly come to life (or, should I say death?) in unexpected ways. The characters and plot are so compelling that I couldn't put the book down once I started it. I can't wait to read more about Onyx and the fascinating characters connected to her in future episodes.

Branding Tree for Restaurants: A revolutionary guide to grow your restaurant into a brand
by Mr. David B Dodson
Price: $13.38
24 used & new from $6.41

5.0 out of 5 stars The Total Package: Well-Written, Actionable Advice for Restaurants Looking to Grow, November 4, 2013
This is an excellent resource for anybody in the restaurant world who wants to understand and develop a strong brand. It contains a wonderful mix of examples from innovative restaurants with excellent takeaways. The book is well-written and a fast read. I highly recommend it to anybody looking to create a thriving restaurant with deep healthy roots.

Million Dollar Year
Million Dollar Year
Price: $10.56
10 used & new from $10.56

5.0 out of 5 stars Million Dollar Year Provides Great Inspiration and Ideas for Those in Direct Sales, December 27, 2012
This review is from: Million Dollar Year (Paperback)
As a fan of the authors' best selling book "Go for No," I had high expectations for this book that were surpassed. I read "Million Dollar Year" in about 2-1/2 hours since I found it so compelling that I just couldn't put it down. The book contains many practical nuggets for those looking to dramatically grow their direct selling businesses. The gripping story will make you feel as if you are actually participating in the Million Dollar Cruise and learning from masters in the direct selling world. If you're looking for inspiration and ideas, reading "Million Dollar Year" is an extremely worthwhile way to invest your time.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jul 9, 2014 12:37 PM PDT

What will they say? 30 Funerals in 60 Days
What will they say? 30 Funerals in 60 Days
by Allison Clarke
Price: $27.24
35 used & new from $6.71

5.0 out of 5 stars I Say Well Done!, September 17, 2012
To truly appreciate the gift of life, it's worth taking the time to reflect upon death. The author does this well in this interesting book that chronicles her musings on the secrets of living well based on what she has learned from friends and family as well as attending the funerals of 30 strangers over a 60 day period. I appreciated her focus on average people and not celebrities - such a refreshing change in our our culture that obsesses over the lives of the rich and famous. I also enjoyed the fascinating array of quotes and stories that I haven't seen elsewhere. This lively book is a worthwhile read and reinforces how precious life really is.

MediaDevil / PhoneDevil Magicscreen Screen Protector: Crystal Clear (Invisible) - Apple iPhone 4 / 4G (AT&T/Verizon/Sprint) and 4S / 4GS (2 x FRONT screen protectors).
Offered by MediaDevil
Price: $16.97
3 used & new from $9.97

5.0 out of 5 stars Finally A Screen Protector that Sticks and Showcases My iPhone Screen!, April 4, 2012
Having purchased and returned two Zagg invisibleSHIELD screen protectors from Radio Shack because they didn't adhere to my iPhone and seriously distorted image quality, I was skeptical about any product in this category. For less than half the cost and more than twice the quality of Zagg, MediaDevil delivers a product that does exactly as promised. The screen protector adheres so perfectly to my iPhone 4S without distorting image quality that it seems like it isn't even there.

The first installation was rushed so air bubbles and trapped dust were problems. I learned that it's very important to apply the screen protector in a dust-free environment (a steamy bathroom is ideal) and watching the companies online installation videos is a huge help. The second installation was easy and went off without a hitch.

When MediaDevil sent me a follow-up email to see whether I was satisfied with the product, I told them about the difficulties I had with the first installation. Within 12 hours, I received an email notifying me that a replacement had been sent - particularly impressive since user carelessness rather than the product itself was to blame for difficulties with the first installation. I wish all companies stood by their products with such integrity.

This is not only a five-star product but a five-star company. I give both my highest recommendation.

The Accidental Entrepreneur: The 50 Things I Wish Someone Had Told Me About Starting a Business
by Susan Urquhart-Brown
Price: $15.92
47 used & new from $3.49

5.0 out of 5 stars The Accidental Entrepreneur: Well-Worth Reading for Experienced and Prospective Entrepreneurs, November 4, 2010
As an entrepreneur for the past decade, I find that I have to do so many different things to keep my business thriving. At times, it can be quite overwhelming to know what to do next. The Accidental Entrepreneur is an excellent guide for navigating the many decisions that I need to make.

This book is also particularly useful for prospective entrepreneurs who are trying to decide what business opportunities to pursue as well as how to turn entrepreneurial dreams into a reality without wasting time and money. Author Susan Urquhart-Brown has a clear writing style that flows nicely. She mixes sensible advice and real-world examples quite adroitly.

The Accidental Entreprenuer is definitely a keeper for my business library!

McCulloch FHH20A 2000 psi 1.45 gpm Electric Pressure Washer (Discontinued by Manufacturer)

1.0 out of 5 stars Manufacturing Flaws and Broke Quickly, July 9, 2010
In less than a year, in spite of careful use, the handle used to roll up the hose snapped off. While it lasted, the unit leaked a lot. Finally, after only one year of use, the unit stopped operating. I wish I had not made the purchase nor would I recommend this unit.

Perfect Breathing: Transform Your Life One Breath at a Time
Perfect Breathing: Transform Your Life One Breath at a Time
by Al Lee
51 used & new from $2.89

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfectly Timed for These Stressful Times, January 10, 2009
I haven't spent much time thinking about breathing. But, I wish I had. Authors Lee and Campbell provide the how and why breathing is so important beyond merely allowing you to live. Their well-written and engaging book explores how breathing is the key to so many things such as our ability to heal, feel content, perform at work and play, and even deepen our spiritual experience. I particularly liked the stories from breathing masters as well as the practical advice on how to incorporate "perfect breathing" into daily life. In these tough economic times, this book provides great insight into how to use breathing as a way to meet life's challenges.

Go for No! Yes is the Destination, No is How You Get There
Go for No! Yes is the Destination, No is How You Get There
Price: $9.81
33 used & new from $4.51

5.0 out of 5 stars Go for No, February 13, 2008
I loved this book so much that I read it in one sitting without putting it down. Thanks to the authors, I now realize that hearing no's is the fast way to success. Their beautifully-told parable makes lessons stick long after you've finished reading. Whether you are struggling in your career or want to become even more successful, you couldn't find a better way to spend your time than reading this book.

Word of Mouth Marketing: How Smart Companies Get People Talking
Word of Mouth Marketing: How Smart Companies Get People Talking
by Andy Sernovitz
105 used & new from $0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars Putting Word of Mouth Marketing into Action, November 5, 2006
This is the perfect book for an entrepreneur looking for a "how-to" on word of mouth marketing rather than a theoretical or academic overview. Andy Sernovitz built the Word of Mouth Marketing Association using many of the intriguing word of mouth marketing tactics he describes. His strategies are practical for both small and large businesses as his interesting case studies demonstrate. You may put this book down a few times while reading it so you can start implementing some of its excellent ideas.

Page: 1 | 2