Winter Driving Best Books of the Month Valentine's Day Shop Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon Chi-Raq easycohice_2016 All-New Amazon Fire TV Valentine's Day Cards Find the Best Purina Pro Plan for Your Pet Amazon Gift Card Offer chiraq chiraq chiraq  Amazon Echo All-New Fire Kindle Paperwhite Prime Exclusive Savings in Video Games Shop Now SnS
Profile for Tamera Parks > Reviews

Browse

Tamera Parks' Profile

Customer Reviews: 3

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Tamera Parks RSS Feed

Choices and Illusions: How Did I Get Where I Am, and How Do I Get Where I Want to Be?
by Eldon Taylor
Price: $19.90
66 used & new from $0.48

4.0 out of 5 stars Very Insightful, October 6, 2013
In Eldon Taylor's book, Choices and Illusions-How Did I get Where I Am, and How Do I Get Where I Want to Be?-- the author presents compelling insight into the components, many subconscious, that went into the shaping of our lives, and thusly, through reviewing our choices honestly, we are able to uncover, and recover our authentic selves.

The author shares the story of "The Chicken and the Eagle", explaining how a young female eagle fell from her nest and landed herself in a chicken yard. Adopted and raised by the chickens, the young eagle learns to act, behave and perform as if she were a chicken. The eagle was happy to be loved by her chicken "family", but still sometimes felt out of place and unfulfilled. One day, a male eagle spots the female eagle in the chicken yard and is dismayed by the sight. The male eagle attempts to inform her that she is not a chicken, but she is afraid of the male eagle, runs away back to her chicken "family." Nothing could convince her that she could fly, and see and do so many things.

This staying in the "chicken yard" is something that so many of us do. Eldon Taylor provides scientific information and observations of the effects of subliminal programming in our society, through media, music and other sources. Through our addictions to consumerism and consumption, we are easy prey to marketing strategies and lifestyle practices that do not encourage us to live the authentic, satisfied, soul-fulfilled lives that we desire.

I recommend this book. It will open your eyes about what is and has been influencing you in creating the life you currently have.

This book has been provided to me by Hay House Publishing for free, for review, and for my personal and honest opinion of the material.

The Greening: What if a Book Could Answer All Your Deepest Questions . . . If You were Willing to Risk Everything?
by Margaret Coles
Price: $18.95
53 used & new from $0.77

4.0 out of 5 stars The Greening, July 31, 2013
Margaret Cole's latest book, "The Greening" is an interesting concept and a delightful read. For one, the author bravely attempts to intertwine the stories of three unique women, whose stories could have easily stood on their own. The blending of these stories created a unique tempo and dynamic, and at some points a challenge--as to not get lost in the juggle.

The "voices" of Joanna, Anna and Julian are at times poetic and insightful and touches the heartstrings of the inner experiences of womanhood. There is a depth to this author's ability to intuitively express the deepest edges of emotion, in a way that is revealing and fresh. Margaret Cole does a great job of connecting the reader with the human experience of the characters involved.

So does the author succeed at this brave intertwining of story? For the most part I would say yes, as it is a difficult thing to do. But you do have to keep your eyes on the who of who, to make sure you don't get mixed up at times. The sensuality of emotion expressed, makes it well worth it. This is a good read.

Disclaimer: This book was provided to me by Hay House to provide my honest and sincere review of the book.

Mind Over Medicine: Scientific Proof That You Can Heal Yourself
Mind Over Medicine: Scientific Proof That You Can Heal Yourself
by Lissa Rankin
Price: $15.24
177 used & new from $1.45

5.0 out of 5 stars Mind over Medicine, May 24, 2013
I thoroughly enjoyed reading Dr. Lissa Rankin's latest book, Mind over Medicine. It is such a welcomed departure from what we have come to know and expect from the medical professionals whom we turn to when our bodies aren't well. This book is unlike any other that I have read. Dr. Rankin quickly reverses roles and places the healing back in the hands, or better yet, the mind of the patient, which is where she believes traditional medicine has gotten it all wrong. Dr. Rankin wants the patient to be the leader in their healing process, because as she says, nobody knows your body better than you. The purpose of the doctor then, is to help you get to the root of what is causing disease or pain in your life. She does not focus simply on the physical or pharmaceutical treatments that we have come to accept and depend on when seeking medical treatment. If you need surgery or tests ordered, she will do that, but she believes that the doctor shouldn't just start or stop there, not by a long shot.

In Mind over Medicine, Dr. Rankin will help lead you on an inner healing journey where you ask yourself important questions. It's not just whether or not you are feeling chest pain, or other symptoms, she wants you to ask yourself, are you happy at your job? Are you happy in your current relationship? Do you feel the pain mostly during certain times, for example, when your boss is hovering over you, or when your partner is being demeaning and making you feel uncomfortable?

The main point that I took from this book is in regards to the relaxation or stress response. Are your life choices mostly eliciting the relaxation response or is it causing your system to constantly be on high alert and thusly, keeping your stress response turned on--which has the potential to lead to dis-ease and dis-comfort. So then, Mind over Medicine, is about getting to the root causes behind the imbalances, behind the stress, behind the discomfort. So that you can do more than put Band-Aids over your wounds, but you can begin to get to the root cause of the issues. With the awareness of yourself and the choices that you make daily, you can begin tuning in to your intuition, or your Inner Pilot, as Dr. Rankin calls it. You can begin creating a life that fosters health on all fronts and aligns with your true self, balancing all of your needs, physical, spiritual, creativity, sexuality, right livelihood, and so forth. I recommend this book fully.

This book was provided to me for free from Hay House to review. This review is based on my opinions of the material.