Profile for Valentino > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 1

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Valentino "V" RSS Feed (NY)

500 More Low-Carb Recipes
500 More Low-Carb Recipes
by Dana Carpender
65 used & new from $0.78

1.0 out of 5 stars Too many sugar alcohol's and hard-to-find ingredients, September 17, 2008
While this book has lots of different recipes i have found only a few that I would actually eat or cook for two main reasons. First, almost all of the baking includes sugar alcohol's also known as "polyols". Some claim that by using these sugar substitutes you can deduct carbohydrates from the recipe. For me, I have a hard time digesting polyols. They completely disrupts my stomach causing an unpleasant feeling. In my opinion no dessert is worth that. I am not alone on this either just look up polyols or sugar alcohol's and you will find a host of problems with them. So, I was unable to bake any of the desserts in this book due to the fact that they all contain sugar alcohol's.

Secondly, the other recipes in this book require lots of unfamiliar and hard to find products. The author recommends finding some of these items online. I have a hard time with cookbooks that use hard to find ingredients which this book does. I have gone to every health food store I could think of and majority of the items needed to complete the recipes are not sold there.

To me this book isn't well balanced. While it is low carb its not necessarily health.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jan 27, 2012 1:53 PM PST