Automotive Deals Summer Reading Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Stephen Marley Fire TV Stick Health, Household and Grocery Back to School Ruby jewelry Amazon Cash Back Offer harmonquest_s1 harmonquest_s1 harmonquest_s1  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Water Sports
Profile for rpg_girl_gamer > Reviews

Browse

rpg_girl_gamer's Profile

Customer Reviews: 20

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

rpg_girl_gamer RSS Feed

Page: 1 | 2
Bravely Second: End Layer - Nintendo 3DS
Bravely Second: End Layer - Nintendo 3DS
Price: $39.00
92 used & new from $32.00

3.0 out of 5 stars Disappointing, May 11, 2016
The biggest disappointment for me in this game was the plot. It was a bit ridiculous, random, and yet predictable at times. The plot overall didn't seem to make much sense. There were some cute/funny moments, unsurprisingly, and I appreciated the ending much more than the prequel's, but I found the plot extremely disappointing...
I was also a bit disappointed with the new classes; the cat class, the Yokai class, and the "baker" class looked nice but I didn't care for the way they worked.

I liked being able to chain battles. I liked the opening theme song and graphics. I liked most of the classes that were used in the prequel, especially summoner and ninja. I liked the battle system as usual.
I just think they could have written a much more interesting plot that made more sense...

Fire Emblem Fates: Conquest - Nintendo 3DS
Fire Emblem Fates: Conquest - Nintendo 3DS
Price: $36.88
93 used & new from $32.89

4.0 out of 5 stars More interesting plot than Birthright but some issues, March 8, 2016
I was fortunate enough to get the Special Edition. I started with Birthright. Birthright's plot was pretty dull in my opinion. I found Conquest's plot to be more appealing. As usual, I loved the "movie" graphics for cutscenes and battle scenes, and I very much enjoyed Azura's singing. An issue I had with this game was the lack of grinding capabilities. You can't grind in this game really unless you use the EXP DLC, which I ended up buying. A lack of experience and gold-making opportunities detract from the game for me. In Birthright you could scout for battles - which was *optional*. I don't understand why they didn't include that option for both Birthright and Conquest.
Like Birthright, I had an issue with the scenes in your private quarters being too repetitive, and I also disliked how they introduced the grown children, which Awakening did a much better job of.
I liked the castle feature and being able to go to other players' castles to buy abilities after battling them.
Although Conquest did not allow for much grinding for experience or gold, I still enjoyed the plot much more than the plot in Birthright. People say that Conquest is more difficult, but I think it really depends on what mode you play in. If you play in Phoenix mode - where your characters come back in the same battle after being defeated - it's not hard at all. I just wish that they had basically made it so the games were the same in everything but plot. If you have to choose, I'd get Conquest, because like I said Birthright's plot was far too dull.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Mar 9, 2016 11:21 AM PST

Fire Emblem Fates: Birthright - Nintendo 3DS Birthright Edition
Fire Emblem Fates: Birthright - Nintendo 3DS Birthright Edition
Price: $37.89
96 used & new from $30.23

3.0 out of 5 stars Disappointing, March 6, 2016
I started playing FE when Awakening came out. I really liked FE:A, and was hoping FE:F would be just as good. It wasn't - not Birthright anyways. I was fortunate enough to get the Special Edition. I decided to play Birthright first. The "movie" graphics and battle movie graphics were both amazing as usual. I liked Azura's singing. I also liked the castle feature. Unfortunately everything else was fairly bland. The plot was standard and unoriginal ; nothing impressive. I was quite disappointed. I wish they had kept the class-changing system the same in this game like it was in Awakening. I liked being able to change classes and get the abilities I wanted. I only ended up with maybe 2 class changes in this game due to the way they changed things. I didn't like the small amount of experience gotten in this game. I tend to grind a lot in RPGs and it almost felt like a waste of time in this game with how little experience I got once I was a higher level. Even the DLC for more EXP didn't seem to do much. I also felt that the scenes for each visit to your personal quarters were repetitive and there weren't enough different ones. I think they were a bit lazy, as my sister said, with the character designs. Many characters looked extremely similar to characters from other games. The children system and how they come to you fully grown is a bit ridiculous in this game. Again, Awakening was superior in this area.
I really hope Conquest and Revelations are better plot-wise. I spent weeks worrying about my SE preorder - I had two orders cancelled and was so excited to get my hands on it - but Birthright was disappointing.

YO-KAI WATCH - 3DS
YO-KAI WATCH - 3DS
Price: $33.99
82 used & new from $27.00

4.0 out of 5 stars A cute, entertaining game with a couple of complaints, January 18, 2016
This review is from: YO-KAI WATCH - 3DS (Video Game)
Great game. I love the graphics and the music. It's a very cute game. I love the added touch of having your shoes come on and off when you enter and exit a house.
I love the Yokai designs and names; I've seen some complaints about a lot of Yokai designs simply being recolored versions of another, but I didn't see enough recolors to complain about.
I do not necessarily care for the combat system, especially at the beginning, but it gets better once your Yokai are stronger. I would prefer a more active combat system instead of one that is more passive.
Actually befriending Yokai can be a pain. It can take a long time to actually befriend some Yokai, even using their favorite foods and having a Yokai with the Popularity skill. It should not take that long to befriend one Yokai.
I also don't care for how you have to "find" the Yokai with your watch when it has the little lens and you have to keep up with the Yokai with the lens; it starts getting annoying with certain Yokai.

I also dislike the running system. I personally think it would be better if you didn't run out of stamina and have to walk for a bit. I do like the bicycle, and the bell sound when you press the B button.
A feature I thought was clever was the jaywalking punishment for crossing the street before the crosswalk said it was okay; I liked having a Yokai appear and battle you as punishment.

This isn't a major complaint, but I wish there were different outfits you could get for your character. They do get a raincoat when it rains, but that's basically the extent of different outfits.

I like the fishing and bug-catching feature, but wish they hadn't made it so you had to time your button presses right.
Finding certain places can be a pain; I wish they had stores more clearly marked on the map.
I definitely appreciate the game telling you where to go next for the story with the arrows on the map.
I like that you're able to just teleport at one point, but it's late in the game. I think they should have made it halfway into the game instead of close to the end.

Overall I enjoyed the game a lot. I had a couple of issues with certain aspects of the game, but feel that it was enjoyable and a good value; I'm about 80-90 hours in and I am just now in the post-game.

Persona 4: Dancing All Night "Disco Fever Collector's Edition"
Persona 4: Dancing All Night "Disco Fever Collector's Edition"
Offered by DealTavern
Price: $58.00
48 used & new from $46.40

4.0 out of 5 stars Yet another enjoyable game in the Persona series, October 17, 2015
I had the Collector's Edition purchased on my behalf. I subtracted one star because for the price I think it should have included all of the DLC, and the Vita skin doesn't fit every Vita. The Vita pouch is quite nice, and the keychain has some weight to it. I also appreciate the inclusion of the soundtrack.

As for the actual game, I know some people think this is just Atlus using P4 in yet another game for money, but I feel that the game is actually pretty good. I normally don't play rhythm games at all.
I gave this a chance because I have yet to play a Persona game I did not like. (Especially considering the cast of characters - I love P4!) In free mode, easy and normal difficulty aren't overly difficult, but once you go to hard mode, there is a sudden increase in difficulty that seems like it's too much. I had to use a combination of items to beat hard mode (check out GameFaqs forums for tips). I enjoyed being able to change costumes, but was disappointed we could not change costumes in story mode.
I very much enjoyed the music in the game; I have always felt that the P3/P4 soundtracks were some of the best game soundtracks and was quite pleased with the music as usual.
My favorite dance in free mode would have to be the Snowflakes track remix with Yukiko - once you unlock Kanji as a partner for that dance you can see him do ballet. Awesome.

As for story mode, I actually liked the story. The premise of defeating shadows through dance may seem a bit ridiculous until it's explained a bit more. I feel that the meaning behind the story was well-connected to the original P4 plot, and I naturally enjoyed the P4 cast's antics during the less serious moments.

I recommend this game for any P4 fan. The rhythm game aspect isn't overly difficult even if you're normally terrible at it like me, and it's more fun with the P4 cast. :)

Wild Arms 2
Wild Arms 2
Offered by SJVIDEO
Price: $87.99
47 used & new from $15.00

3.0 out of 5 stars Plot issues and irritating puzzles. Worth playing once but probably not again., July 1, 2015
This review is from: Wild Arms 2 (Video Game)
Got this on PSN for 99 cents digitally. Liked the music and think the graphics were decent enough. My major issues were the plot and the puzzles. The plot from the first half and the plot from the second half seemed like they came from different games almost. The puzzles got so annoying and stressful towards the end that I almost wanted to quit. I liked the characters well enough but yeah... Those two issues made it hard for me to fully enjoy the game. Worth playing through, but only once.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Feb 5, 2016 10:31 AM PST

Lord of Magna: Maiden Heaven - Nintendo 3DS
Lord of Magna: Maiden Heaven - Nintendo 3DS
Offered by marvelio
Price: $31.58
15 used & new from $17.92

4.0 out of 5 stars Enjoyable game; good plot until the very abrupt & unexplained end, June 17, 2015
Pros
-Cute and beautiful graphics. The chibi character sprites' facial expressions changed based on the situation, and the character portraits had movement (i.e. Character portrait fixing their hair). Nice video cutscenes. Colors were vibrant.
-Excellent, enjoyable soundtrack
-Likable characters
-Intriguing, cute, sweet interactions and plot
-Has some romance simulation but not anything really "mature" rating-wise except the hot spring scene. (The hot spring scene is the only real mature content in my opinion. Choose not to go in in Chapter 9 as part of the plot to avoid the most mature part of the scene. The youngest looking one makes the scene a bit creepy. Seriously.) I was surprised that scene was in the game since the "relationships" aren't very deep or "mature" (rating-wise).
-Has new game+
-Short game (~20 hours or so); good for people that don't have much time. I stayed up really late 2 nights in a row and beat the game. Although it's fairly short, I did not feel it was too short and was overall happy with the game. Those 20 or so hours do not include additional playthroughs for other endings.

Cons
-Not enough lines are voiced. There aren't many voiced lines at all, although the dub is decent enough. It's English-only voices, but for those who hate English dubs there aren't enough voiced lines to irritate them in my opinion.
-Video cutscenes don't have subtitles (personal preference).
-Grinding in free battles takes too long for leveling up until much later in the game.
-AP - what you use for actions. You have to do nothing for a turn to earn 1 AP to gain enough for skill usage. Would have preferred having a set amount of MP that increased with level.
-New game+ only allows 2 characters' levels to carry over from the first playthrough
-Did not seem to be any equipment (armor, weapons) to increase stats. If there was I didn't see any.
-As some reviews on game sites mentioned, you meet the last girls a bit late to get to know them properly.
-Some aspects of the game not explained enough. Didn't find hot spring until a few chapters in, and was not aware you could buy things before battle when selecting characters. Crafting system isn't the best either, plus the trading system.
-Chapter 12 final boss has a move that kills your characters instantly. They use that skill repeatedly after their HP is halfway gone. Kept having to restart until I found out there was an item (Fear Bottle) that would stop them from using skills. Poorly planned boss. Would not have known if not for GameFaqs what to do and probably would not have beaten the game.
-Unnecessary and sudden difficulty increase for last two or three boss battles in my opinion. It wasn't really necessary to grind much until end game.
-Ending a bit abrupt, not enough closure at all. Endings don't differ at all and you don't get a true ending for beating it with each girl. Not worth replaying for a different ending. Chapter 13 (the last) should have been stronger and the plot would have been much better.
-All 7 girls are different personality wise but each storyline seems too similar (lack of confidence in X area).

Bandai Tamashii Nations S.H.Figuarts Sailor Uranus "Sailor Moon" Action Figure
Bandai Tamashii Nations S.H.Figuarts Sailor Uranus "Sailor Moon" Action Figure
Offered by Hobby Hunters
Price: $46.50
161 used & new from $40.00

5.0 out of 5 stars So incredibly cool, great quality, March 31, 2015
This figure is so awesome and cool. Unlike some previous figures in the series (Jupiter and Mercury especially), I had no issues with the hands I wanted to pose her with and was able to pose her the way I wanted to. They improved on the previous (terrible) storage for the unused hands and have a little hand "stick" of sorts you can attach them to.

I had no issues getting her to hold her sword, and I honestly think she's the second coolest in the Sailor Moon Figuarts series (as I am completely biased towards my favorite, Sailor Saturn XD). Seriously though, this figure has some ridiculously great "stage presence" when you display and pose her.

I'm very pleased with this figure. If you are having a hard time choosing which Sailor Moon Figuarts to purchase, I highly recommend Neptune or Uranus, as they seem to have the best quality so far.

Bandai Tamashii Nations S.H.Figuarts Sailor Neptune "Sailor Moon" Action Figure
Bandai Tamashii Nations S.H.Figuarts Sailor Neptune "Sailor Moon" Action Figure
Price: $40.34
162 used & new from $33.50

5.0 out of 5 stars Pretty much flawless, March 31, 2015
This figure is beautiful. Unlike some previous figures in the series (Jupiter and Mercury especially), I had no issues with the hands I wanted to pose her with and was able to pose her the way I wanted to. They improved on the previous (terrible) storage for the unused hands and have a little hand "stick" of sorts you can attach them to.
My only minor complaint is that it's a little difficult to get her mirror in her hand and keep it there, but I finally managed it.

Bandai Tamashii Nations FiguartsZero Sailor Moon Action Figure
Bandai Tamashii Nations FiguartsZero Sailor Moon Action Figure
Offered by Animewild
Price: $56.28
199 used & new from $45.80

4.0 out of 5 stars Lovely figure but somewhat overpriced, March 31, 2015
I love this figure. It's gorgeous. I know some people have an issue with the way her right arm was made but it doesn't personally bother me that much.

One detail I thought was quite nice was that her stand is in the shape of a crescent moon. I was also impressed with how well done her earrings were.

A lovely figure but she is overpriced in my honest opinion, no matter how lovely she is. I purchased her for about $75 (official with sticker), which is still a bit much despite it being more expensive elsewhere. My recommendation is that you save money by not purchasing the Japanese versions of these Zero figures, as they are even more expensive. (The Japanese versions come out sooner and the only difference is that the Toei sticker is gold).

Page: 1 | 2