Profile for rpg_girl_gamer > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 5

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

rpg_girl_gamer RSS Feed

NCIS: Based on the TV Series - Nintendo 3DS
NCIS: Based on the TV Series - Nintendo 3DS
Offered by lakeplacegames
Price: $12.70
25 used & new from $4.60

4.0 out of 5 stars Not bad, but a little short, December 3, 2012
= Fun:4.0 out of 5 stars
I watch NCIS occasionally - pretty much weekly considering my Dad watches the marathons every weekend. I enjoy the show well enough, particularly the characters. I was unsure whether or not this game would be able to accurately portray what happens in the show.

As for the length of the game, it didn't last too long; it only had 4 cases that were linked together. I don't know if it was necessarily worth $40, maybe $25 or so based on the length. It might just be me, considering I usually pay $30-$40 for RPGs that last me a good 50 hours plus.

As for gameplay, I thought that was okay. I did not enjoy the puzzles very much, especially decrypting things - the first few decryption puzzles were okay, but the last one or two were hard to figure out to get a perfect score, so I had to reset many times and I still didn't get a perfect score. The crime scene investigations were pretty straight-forward; all you had to do was make sure that you found all of the clues, and there were extra things you had to click on to get all points for the crime scene; basically you need to click on everything and you'll be fine. The interrogations could be a little annoying, because sometimes you didn't necessarily know what you need to say or what evidence to present. Save often, especially right before interrogations. I do wish you didn't have to use the stylus for everything.

With the graphics, the character portraits were good, but the other parts reminded me a little bit of PS1 graphics in general. This is a 3DS game, but I never play with 3D on, so I can't say how well the 3D worked with this game.

I feel like the story was actually decent, although I felt it was slightly predictable in the end - I won't say anything else so that I don't spoil it, but I really did think it was pretty easy to guess the ending. I did love the character interaction; I feel like Tony, Ziva, Abby, and Ducky were especially well done. Tony frequently referenced recent movies, which I liked, Ziva constantly mixed up phrases, Abby's obsession with Caf-Pow was quite evident, and Ducky constantly interjected with random facts. I feel like Gibbs and McGee were just okay.

In the end, NCIS 3D was a cute, amusing game, if not a little too short. I enjoyed the character interaction, and I quite enjoyed being promoted as cases went by - only in a video game can you be promoted to "Very Special Agent" within 4 cases. :)

Sailor Moon Group I Phone 4 Case
Sailor Moon Group I Phone 4 Case
Offered by goHastings
Price: $8.75
5 used & new from $8.75

2.0 out of 5 stars Flimsy, thin, August 14, 2012
I love Sailor Moon, so I thought this would be a perfect case for me. I like the graphic, but that's pretty much it. Ridiculously flimsy, and would not adequately protect the iPhone. You'd be better off getting a more heavy-duty iPhone case that would actually protect it instead of getting this just because it's a Sailor Moon product.

Nintendo Official Messenger Bag for 3DS - Black
Nintendo Official Messenger Bag for 3DS - Black
Offered by The Gourmet Greenhouse

5.0 out of 5 stars Can hold a *LOT* of things, March 17, 2012
This bag is large enough to hold basically my entire portable gaming collection - my 3DS, DS lite, PSP, 60 DS games, and can even contain 2 PSP game cases (which hold 16 PSP games total). I only have 2 complaints: (1): it's a little difficult to see the names of the games when they are in the game "holders," and (2): it's a little difficult to take the games in and out of the lower part of the case because it doesn't open all the way. Those aren't really big problems, though, only minor complaints - this is a great case that holds a *lot* of stuff.

SANOXY® UltraPower 1900 mAh Backup Battery Charger for iPhone 3G, 3GS, 4, 4G, iPod, and iPod touch - External, Portable, Rechargeable (Black)
Offered by Boho Tronics (Proudly Ships From the USA)
Price: $6.42
7 used & new from $4.45

4.0 out of 5 stars So far so good, December 9, 2011
I purchased this for my iPod Video - 60GB. It works for both my iPod Video and my iPhone 3G. I have yet to use it in a portable setting, but I have tested it at home and works as promised. Excellent purchase for $6.

Radiant Historia - Nintendo DS
Radiant Historia - Nintendo DS
Offered by Shark Distributors
Price: $28.29
52 used & new from $22.30

5.0 out of 5 stars One of the best games I have ever played, March 27, 2011
= Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars
Seriously, this is in my top three games I've *ever* played. The character art and the graphics are AMAZING. The music is gorgeous. The plot is one of the most intriguing plots I've ever seen, and it's never boring. It lasted about 63 hours, so it's very well worth the money. One of the best ATLUS games ever.