Automotive Deals Best Books of the Month Shop Women's Clothing Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis Enter for the chance to win front row seats to Barbra Streisand Segway miniPro
Profile for Al Combs > Reviews

Browse

Al Combs' Profile

Customer Reviews: 2

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Al Combs RSS Feed

HTC Travel Charger - Retail Packaging - Black
HTC Travel Charger - Retail Packaging - Black

5.0 out of 5 stars The real thing, August 13, 2011
After reading a number of reviews on cheaper U250 chargers to get a spare unit for my wife's Thunderbolt, this is the only one that had the exact part number, HTC 79H00098-14M. I read many reviewer comments about other cheaper units that were obviously used, DOA or of insufficient power to use the phone while charging. This one is the real thing. A little more expensive than some others, but much cheaper than the local Verizon kiosk. This is a brand new unit with a manufacturer label and sealed in an OEM style bag. I forgot to mention, it also works. It just needs a USB mini cable to complete the package.

Casio Men's WV200DA-1A Multi-Task Gear Waveceptor Sports Watch
Casio Men's WV200DA-1A Multi-Task Gear Waveceptor Sports Watch
Price: $43.99
10 used & new from $43.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Casio Wave-Ceptor, September 18, 2010
When atomic watches first came out, they said chances of reliably getting a signal at night were slim. Especially where I live about 40 miles north of New York City. Lots of atmospheric noise in heavily populated areas disturbs the ionosphere making signal reception difficult at best. So while I thought it was a great idea, I passed on them at the time. When my G-Shock 6600 needed yet another band, was badly beat up and I was frankly a little tired of looking at it after 10+ years, I decided to give one of the atomic watches a try. After using it for about a month, there have only been 2 or 3 days it did not get a signal from Fort Collins. When I received the watch it had been running for 11 months and was about 1 minute and 20 seconds fast, or 1/4 second per day. I like the fact that if the watch got an update the previous night, the 3 segments of the signal strength indicator are dark during the day. Basically you can tell at a glance if you have the correct time. When I listen to WWV on shortwave, I can barely tell the watch is a little fast by the end of the day. If the indicator is not showing, the press of a button will tell you when the last time you got a signal update was. I am very well pleased with its timekeeping ability. Which was the whole reason I bought this particular watch.

I've read some complaints about the case being made of plastic. I don't personally have a problem with that. The plastic bands on the G-Shock tend to break every few years. It's a definite weak spot for that line of watch. But the resin case itself is very tough. The overall appearance of the way the resin is interlaced with stainless steel on this watch I find very well balanced visually. The back-light is much softer than the G-Shock series. My old G-Shock used to blind me in the dark. I always did feel it was too bright. The size of the digits for the date are a little small as some have mentioned. Difficult for me to read without my reading glasses. But their small size hasn't really been an issue. What has been the issue and my single complaint about the watch is the plastic strip that goes across the center of the display. The one that says "Receiving Indicator" with a circle off to the side to surround the actual indicator. It's not part of the LCD display but is a separate cover ring about 1 mm above the LCD. The problem is it casts a shadow over the date part of the display. When sitting at my computer desk with the lamp towards the rear of the desk, this bar casts a shadow over the date area. Even with my reading glasses I can't see the date unless I put my arm in a contorted position to get the light more perpendicular to the LCD panel. I find that very annoying and my reason for only giving it 4 stars.