Profile for Sandal > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 144

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Sandal "MFB" RSS Feed (New England)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-15
Black & Decker CHV1410/CHV1510 Vac OEM Pre-Filter 2-Pack # 90558115
Black & Decker CHV1410/CHV1510 Vac OEM Pre-Filter 2-Pack # 90558115
Offered by Buckeye Tool Supply
Price: $13.47
2 used & new from $13.47

5.0 out of 5 stars If the price works just get the whole thing, April 24, 2015
Up to you to compare prices between filters and filters with holder (= prefilter), but if you find the price favorable there's no reason to save a couple of bucks to get plain filters if you only have the one original prefilter. If you want to pop out a filter to wash it and pop in a clean and dry one it's much easier to just do the whole thing at once. I'm not in love with the hand vac but I have zero complaints about these replacement filters with the prefilters included. For my first time buying extra filters it was worth the extra couple of bucks to just get the extra prefilters as well.

HP Inkjet Paper, 97 Brightness, 24 lb, Letter Size (8.5 x 11), Ream, 500 Total Sheets (HPB1124)
Offered by Achilles Trade
Price: $9.88
21 used & new from $5.67

5.0 out of 5 stars It saves money -- plus it looks great!, April 20, 2015
Graphics and photos come out crisp and colorful compared to all-purpose printer and copier paper, and text looks good too. Try printing the same image on cheap copier paper and good quality inkjet paper and you'll see what I'm talking about. It's not so much the whiteness (though that doesn't hurt), it's the finish of the paper. The ink doesn't soak into like it's a paper towel. The graphics will be brighter and the edges will be sharp while using less ink because the ink sits more on top instead of soaking through. Turn both test pages over and you'll see the ink almost coming through the back of cheap paper. Not so with this.

If you buy high quality ink like I do you want to spend a little more on paper and save on the ink because ink costs the big bucks. For the price you can find this paper from various sellers on Amazon there's no excuse not to use better paper.

Cambridge SoundWorks OontZ Angle Enhanced Edition Ultra Portable Wireless Bluetooth Speaker with up to 12 Hour Battery Life... Great sound, Surprising Volume and Built in Mic for Handsfree Speakerphone... The Perfect Speaker for your: iPhone, iPad, Samsung, Android smartphones, mp3 players and tablets. Matte Black with Black Grille
Offered by OontZ by Cambridge SoundWorks
Price: $79.99
22 used & new from $21.33

2.0 out of 5 stars Maybe I got a lemon?, March 31, 2015
This was on my wish list forever and when I finally got one I was pretty disappointed. The two problems I had with it are apparently common ones as the reviews are peppered with the same complaints.

When the USB charging cable is plugged into a computer it emits a terrible whine rendering it unusable. Search the reviews. It wasn't just me. this can be taken care of by plugging into an AC charger in an outlet, but the included cord isn't very long so it's inconvenient in most setups.

When I unplug the USB cable I only got about an hour of playtime. Again, search the reviews. Though many people get the advertised battery life I am not the only one who didn't.

I was completely unimpressed with the sound. And on top of the tinny sound it distorted at less than 1/2 volume. I returned it. Maybe I got a lemon, but I'd be more inclined to think that if I were only having one issue. I don't get the high reviews on this thing. I didn't ask for a replacement, just a refund.

Digital Meat Thermometer with Probe for Steak Turkey Chicken Food Barbecue Cooking Grill Candy BBQ
Offered by ChefAmori
Price: $24.87

5.0 out of 5 stars Nice for the price, March 27, 2015
The Chef Amori Digital thermometer has a nice long probe, clip on protector (handy for barbecuing), readings can switch between C and F, auto shutoff to save battery. Most importantly for me it has a nice BIG display. The LED window is 1-3/8."

I've only used it once but I got a good reading and verified it with an analog thermometer that I know works well. I basically bought it because of the lifetime guarantee as long as you register the product via the seller's website. Seller also sent a "welcome" email with instructions shortly after purchase and shipped very quickly.

The only thing that would make it better for me is if it came to temp faster. It seems to take about 15 seconds. But I doubt anything in the price range will be noticeably quicker. I know how long it takes so I'm fine with it.

GoodSense Cetirizine HCL Tablets, 10 mg, 365 Count
GoodSense Cetirizine HCL Tablets, 10 mg, 365 Count
Price: $15.99
5 used & new from $14.60

4.0 out of 5 stars Worth trying for the price, March 20, 2015
I am pleasantly surprised. They seem to work as well as real Zyrtec, which has not been the case with some of the other knock-off brands. Another well-known ersatz brand didn't work for me at all so for years I've been spending a fortune on Zyrtec brand.

For the price I would say try the Goodsense Cetirizine. The worst that can happen is they don't work as well as Zyrtec and you've only lost a few bucks trying!

Tomorrow You're Going
Tomorrow You're Going
Price: $12.99
31 used & new from $8.79

5.0 out of 5 stars Buy this album!, March 18, 2015
This review is from: Tomorrow You're Going (Audio CD)
This is my new favorite. I've always loved the way Shindell and Kaplansky sounded together, so when I had the opportunity to help out through a Kickstarter campaign I jumped on it. There's more "country" on this album than I expected but it's wonderful stuff. Have a listen. You won't be disappointed. I usually catch Richard Shindell about once a year when he plays locally but looking forward to catching a show with the two of them together. Their latest tour (Spring '15) will have them on both coasts. Go see a show! And get this!

Kinivo BTX270 Wireless Bluetooth Portable Speaker - Supports apt-X for high quality digital audio (Black)
Offered by AV House
Price: $54.74
14 used & new from $50.89

4.0 out of 5 stars Very good sound for a small speaker, February 13, 2015
Very good sound for a small speaker. I have not used the phone features but it sounds good, pairs easily and the rubber bumper is useful for protecting the device and your furniture.

I hate the annoying flashing blue light. It's behind the grill so you can't put a dab of paint on it, and it's located on the front so it flashes in your face. Fortunately a piece of electrical tape will block it from direct view.

It's also a little lacking in the volume department. Not a lot, but just enough that I wished it went a tad higher.

The distance could be a problem. Once speaker gets more than 15 feet from device, it gets all sensitive and doesn't like it when, say, a person walks between your phone and the speaker. And it just doesn't like to be too far away from it's source. Too cold and full of snow to test how well it will do in a straight unobstructed line.

Once the On/Off switched is flipped to the On position, it stays there even after the auto shutoff has kicked in. This is a little strange because then to turn it on again you have to toggle the switch to Off then On.

iHome Portable Speaker for MP3 Players (Green Neon)
iHome Portable Speaker for MP3 Players (Green Neon)
Price: $19.41
34 used & new from $9.99

2.0 out of 5 stars Marketing over substance, February 13, 2015
It has no volume control. It distorts at volumes over 60% and certainly at 70, depending on what you're listening to. It uses a mini, not a micro USB charging cable. The transparent colors allow a lot of light leakage from the bright LED on/off indicator. If you like that kind of thing, great, but if you're in a dark room it's a distraction that you can't cover with tape because it bleeds through the entire device. And it's overpriced.

I recommend the Kinivo ZX100 Mini Portable Speaker, which is actually better looking in person than you would think from its picture, has better sound, a volume control and has a micro USB port, not a mini. I wish I had bought the Kinivo first.

Honestly, they put an "i" in front of anything and people will buy it. There are better options out there, and they cost less. This iHome speaker is not the one you want. Keep looking.

Piano Master
Piano Master
Price: $2.90

2.0 out of 5 stars Nothing "Masterful" about it, February 8, 2015
This review is from: Piano Master (App)
Unacceptable lags and wrong notes. I could play the classics like Bach's Minuet in G, Beethoven's Moonlight Sonata and Ode to Joy with my eyes closed on a real keyboard. Both the meter and the rhythm are really off. Part if this is because of a lag (on a Nexus 7) , and part of it is because it's just not correct. Plus I've already found some wrong notes. And this is really not designed for smaller screens. If you want your hands (or hand in this case as it only does the treble or right-hand part) you can't position it properly you would have to have at least at 10" screen. On a smaller screen you're forced to pick out a tune with one finger.

This will teach you nothing about playing piano or about music. In fact, if you're trying to learn piano it will make things worse. If you want it as a game it might be okay but considering the amount of really fun games out there this one doesn't make the cut for me.

If you're looking for a great music app I recommend the excellent Piano Companion. It was given away as a FAoTD a couple of times but I consider that one well worth the money. I'm sorry to give this one a low rating but it just doesn't work properly and for me, anyway, it has no entertainment value either.

Thera-Band Foot Roller
Thera-Band Foot Roller
Offered by Pro Therapy Supplies
Price: $9.60
27 used & new from $4.61

4.0 out of 5 stars It's cheap and it works, January 23, 2015
Saw another device once as a lightning deal but even at that it was way too expensive. Some people recommended a frozen water bottle. Too hard, cold and slippery and the ridges run the wrong way. This is better.

The rubber on this is firm but has just the right amount of give to make it comfortable on a bare foot, and the ridges run the right way -- across your foot. It does tend to "travel" if you use it on a carpet, but see the holes? You can run a length of light rope or anything else you can find through the holes -- make it long enough to comfortably hold in each hand while sitting. It just takes a light pull to control this thing and keep it from moving diagonally while rolling your foot. And it works. It took me three days to get results, but you have to keep up with it for a couple of minutes daily or the pain will come back. Good way to augment whatever exercise you do to stretch the calf muscles and get rid of it permanently.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-15