Winter Driving Best Books of the Month Valentine's Day Shop Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon $5 Albums easycohice_2016 All-New Amazon Fire TV Grocery Valentine's Day Cards Knock snow out cold Amazon Gift Card Offer chiraq chiraq chiraq  Amazon Echo All-New Fire Kindle Paperwhite Prime Exclusive Savings in Video Games Shop Now SnS
Profile for John A. Vink > Reviews

Browse

John A. Vink's Profile

Customer Reviews: 5

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

John A. Vink "JAV" RSS Feed (Cupertino, CA USA)

Learn Objective-C on the Mac: For OS X and iOS
Learn Objective-C on the Mac: For OS X and iOS
by W.Q . Malik
Price: $29.00
67 used & new from $8.94

5.0 out of 5 stars Always expect great books from this author, August 2, 2012
Scott Knaster has been writing Mac programming books for over 25 years. Many of my colleagues learned how to write Mac software from his books back in the mid 80's, and I learned how to write Mac software from his books in the mid 90's. He shares both wit and wisdom.

Learn Objective-C on the Mac (Learn Series)
Learn Objective-C on the Mac (Learn Series)
by Scott Knaster
Price: $31.26
132 used & new from $0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars Learn all the new parts of Objective C, November 12, 2009
First of all, I'm a big fan of both these authors. Scott Knaster wrote all the books I read when I first started programming for Macs in the 90s. Those books were best of breed and were widely considered necessary reading for all new and experienced Mac programmers. Mark Dalrymple is one of the authors of Core Mac OS X and Unic Programming, one of my favorite books for advanced programming topics for Mac OS X.

I've been programming in Objective C for about 8 years when I got this book. Although I had lots of Objective C experience, I hadn't looked into Objective C 2.0 yet. This book covers all of Objective C, and I was able to quickly find all the new 2.0 stuff and have it explained in a clear manner.

It was all I was hoping it would be.

Gold
Gold
DVD ~ INXS

4.0 out of 5 stars Not Region 0, March 21, 2007
This review is from: Gold (DVD)
Even though the marketing and packaging say this is a Region 0 DVD, it is really a region 2 DVD, and will not play outside of Europe.

Core Mac OS X and UNIX Programming
Core Mac OS X and UNIX Programming
by Aaron Hillegass
31 used & new from $0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars One of the best, March 15, 2004
This is probably the best book I own on Mac programming. It goes into the lower level, hard-core topics that other books are afraid to touch. As I read it straight through, cover to cover, I see how I've been doing things wrong, and I constantly refer back to concepts I just read when I write new code. It makes me the envy of all my peers.

The Wrong Guy [VHS]
The Wrong Guy [VHS]
VHS
13 used & new from $1.79

5.0 out of 5 stars Funniest movie ever, August 15, 2002
This review is from: The Wrong Guy [VHS] (VHS Tape)
This is the funniest movie I have ever seen, and has made me a big Dave Foley fan. You have to watch this movie carefully since the jokes are everywhere.