Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Happy Belly Coffee Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Water Sports
Profile for Chris Meeks > Reviews

Browse

Chris Meeks' Profile

Customer Reviews: 3

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Chris Meeks "Koontz Guru" RSS Feed (Gainesville, FL)

Burial To Follow
Burial To Follow

5.0 out of 5 stars Scott is a writing machine..., July 15, 2010
This review is from: Burial To Follow (Kindle Edition)
Literally. Scott reminds me very much of another author with similar work ethics. Hmmm. =) He is quickly becoming one of our most prolific authors. Keep it up Scott!

Speed Dating with the Dead
Speed Dating with the Dead

5.0 out of 5 stars Finally! The book I've been waiting for! =), July 15, 2010
This book is particularly special to me because I was also part of the paranormal conference that inspired the novel. Way to go Scott! And thank you!

The Red Church: A Supernatural Thriller (Sheriff Littlefield Books Book 1)
The Red Church: A Supernatural Thriller (Sheriff Littlefield Books Book 1)

5.0 out of 5 stars Original - A Unique Voice, May 21, 2010
Sometimes I feel as if I've wasted way too much time reading various novels, by various authors. More often than not, I can't escape the feeling of deja vu because too many writers fall prey to "going with the flow," whether its accidental or purposely done through laziness.

Scott, on the other hand, dispenses of cliches and trite storylines. Don't expect to find very many in his books.
If you like reading about the same character over and over again, in book after book, then walk away. You won't find that here either.

Quite often I appreciate Scott's fresh descriptions and visuals. I always enjoy seeing original similes and metaphors, whether they are being used to describe a landscape, a building, or a used toothbrush. Sometimes, it can be hard not to repeat certain visuals. I've seen one author use the same descriptive prose in virtually every single one of his books. Ugh...

But more importantly, Scott's characters are not perfect Ken and Barbie dolls, with perfect looks, perfect personalities, and perfect fakiness. He makes them flawed and human, which makes them far more real to me.

I'm not saying that everyone shares my tastes, but if you like creepy and original content, then I dare to say you are looking in a pretty good direction here.