Profile for LovingLife > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 5

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

LovingLife "Love" RSS Feed

The Lean: A Revolutionary (and Simple!) 30-Day Plan for Healthy, Lasting Weight Loss
Price: $17.51
233 used & new from $0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars Love the Lean!!!, March 20, 2012
I am a big fan of Freston's from her previous books and didn't know she had a new book out. Caught her on Ellen and bought the book immediately. While I began eating "veganish" from her other books, her approach on this one for simple weight loss was what caught my eye. On Ellen, Kathy talked about just drinking water (something about losing 5 pounds more if you drink 8 glasses a day than those that don't) and eating an apple a day. Really do-able and easy steps that I can do. (and I'm one of those that have tried every fad diet and have never stuck with a program since they are so stict and hard to keep up.) I just got this book and I cannot put it down!!! It's so basic and so simple and so intuitive and the information seems common sense yet is done in such a non-judgmental and insightful way. It makes me feel not only that I can do this program, and stick to it, but that I won't judge my own self if I slip, as I can just "lean" into it.

The book is set up with 30 Days, adding a new step in each day, while continuing the previous days steps. Drink water, eat a hearty breakfast, an apple a dy, eat nuts, use flax seed, incorporate superfoods, cut down on oil...all basic things and all so acheivable. AND...the best part is...THERE ARE RECIPES in the book!!! 30 days worth to get you started and keep going on getting lean.

I highly, highly recommend this book for yourself or as a gift. Whether you are a meat eater or not, this book is a do-able weight loss plan that will make you feel encouraged rather than discouraged and sets you up for success rather than failure. I started the water chapter today and, whether it's mind over matter or what, I already feel better.

This is a MUST HAVE (especially before bikini season!) book!
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Apr 5, 2012 5:25 PM PDT

Bobo's Oat Bars Peanut Butter, 12-Ounce (Pack of 48)
Bobo's Oat Bars Peanut Butter, 12-Ounce (Pack of 48)

1.0 out of 5 stars stale and tasteless---but just from this seller!, October 17, 2011
let me please first say that i am a Bobo's fan. i love all of their oat bars and have bought them online, in the store and through Amazon many times. THIS particular seller, however, should be removed from the pool of sellers. i have tried ordered through them 3 times now and not only are the amounts incorrect that they say they will give, but their product is stale and has no flavor. which is not like the Bobo's bars at all. i don't know how they store them but they are of cardboard consistency and not moist at all. please listen when i say do not buy from this seller. but Bobo's are great!)

Veganist: Lose Weight, Get Healthy, Change the World
Veganist: Lose Weight, Get Healthy, Change the World
Price: $25.00
372 used & new from $0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars "Veganist" is simply beauty and perfection!, January 27, 2011
For someone, like Kathy Freston, who's mantra is "Progress, not perfection," she sure has come as close as I've ever seen in this book. I have been a long time fan of Kathy and her work and "Veganist" is her best work yet and my favorite book that I've read in a long time.

I judge books not only on if they strike a chord with me, but also if I think there are others, with or without the same viewpoint, who would enjoy reading them as well. I cannot think of a single person that I would not buy this book for or share it with. Vegans, vegetarians, and carnivores alike, will all gleen something out of this amazingly informative and non-judgemental book. Even Bono is quoted on the back cover, stating his meat-eating ways, and how Kathy opened his eyes to something new.

"Veganist" allows readers to make their own minds up about the information presented but does so in such a clear and friendly way. Freston talks about how we can heal our bodies, our planet, and any disease we may have simply by being aware of the world around us and what we put into our bodies. Even just one meal a week or substituting new foods that I had never heard of. It is an exciting new way to look at food and diet and the world and a GREAT way to start off a new year and a new you!

Being a southern gal myself, I relate to Kathy's past love of all things meat and cheese and will lean into this way of life, as she mentions.

Overall, a wonderful read and something I recommend to anyone, any age.

Quantum Wellness Cleanse: The 21-Day Essential Guide to Healing Your Mind, Body and Spirit
Price: $11.22
258 used & new from $0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars This cleanse will truly JUMP START your life!!!, May 6, 2009
I first read Kathy's book, Quantum Wellness, and was very moved by all that Kathy has to say and how kindly and non-judgementally she expresses herself and the ideas in her book. She urges people to live a more happy and healthy life, through living, thinking, and eating consciously. It wasn't until this book came into my life, that I really decided to do the 21 Day Cleanse. I have never done anything better for myself and I thank Kathy so much for this.

The "cleanse" is not really a cleanse in the way that celebrities and news people are talking about today. I view it more as a meal plan, which takes the stigma out of cleansing or dieting, as it really is what her cleanse is about. Once I got over the initial, "What on earth will I do without caffeine, animal products, and sugar?!" I went to the grocery store and stocked up on everything that Kathy suggests. There was SO much that I could eat, and I didn't even get everything the first-go round. (I highly recommend having all of the foods on hand so that you don't want to fall back to old habits....this makes doing the cleanse super easy!)

I have never slept better in my life, and wake up with so much energy and ready to take on the world. No caffeine necessary. (after the first few days or so....) My skin looks so much better (I keep getting so many compliments on how I am glowing) and I feel amazing. Not to mention the fact that I have already lost 4 pounds and all of my clothes fit better. I look and feel great; mind, body, and spirit.

If you want to change your life for the better (or just lose weight, or just feel good!), I HIGHLY recommend this book and this cleanse. And if you can't do 21 days, do 7 days or whatever you can, as Kathy recommends. Trust me, it's the best thing you'll ever do.

Thanks!!!
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: May 27, 2013 1:44 PM PDT

Quantum Wellness: A Practical and Spiritual Guide to Health and Happiness
Quantum Wellness: A Practical and Spiritual Guide to Health and Happiness
458 used & new from $0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars This book changed my life in a QUANTUM way!!!, May 6, 2009
I have always been someone who tries to take care of myself in the mental, physical, and emotional way, but I have never really recognized the true connection of the 3 until Kathy Freston's book, Quantum Wellness. Kathy talks of so many tiny things that we take for granted, since we tend to live in our routines without taking account for things, and reminds us to live consciously---in SUCH a kind and easy way. She recommends "leaning" into things and not take on too much, just what you can now, to make yourself and the world a better place. I am in week 1 of her cleanse and I have truly never FELT BETTER in my entire life. It's just too easy and too great and I am SO thankful to Kathy and this book! A must read.