Profile for G. Powell > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 604

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

G. Powell RSS Feed (Seattle, WA USA)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
Leatherman 831677 Mako Ti/Peg
Leatherman 831677 Mako Ti/Peg
Offered by Quick-Ship Fulfillment Experts
Price: $28.53
43 used & new from $20.74

4.0 out of 5 stars Great addition to my road repair tool it., January 5, 2015
I'm a daily commuter so I have a lot of bike maintenance issues with frequent on the road repairs. I got tired of carrying full size tools as I have a bus backup if I can't fix it and most days nothing goes wrong. But then there are those days when I need to adjust something or tighten some nut/screw etc which has come loose. This tool plus the "Burketek Pocket Wrench" seem to fit the need without being excessively heavy or bulky.

I took the advice of another reviewer and bought a magnetic hex bit holder and a 1/4" drive to hex adapter and some "O" rings so that I can use the hex bits that come with this tool better. (Plus the few 1/4" drive sockets I sometimes carry to fit some other odd nut or allen head screw.) Check out the photo for how to use, they are available at any decent hardware store. Metric hex bit allen heads are not, so if you need them, order them from here.

Recommendation: Buy.
Comment Comment | Permalink

DEWALT DW2045 Professional 3-Inch Magnetic Bit Tip Holder
DEWALT DW2045 Professional 3-Inch Magnetic Bit Tip Holder
Price: $4.98
30 used & new from $2.26

4.0 out of 5 stars Pretty good magnetic bit holder., January 5, 2015
Bought to use with some pocket wrenches. Seems to work well, however the magnet is a little stronger than I would prefer for cold hands to pull the bit out. If you are using this all day though you'll want the better magnet.

NEW OEM SAMSUNG TAD037JBE HOME CHARGER SGH-X475, SGH-X495/T209, SGH-X496
NEW OEM SAMSUNG TAD037JBE HOME CHARGER SGH-X475, SGH-X495/T209, SGH-X496
Offered by BuyCellular
Price: $9.86
16 used & new from $0.01

4.0 out of 5 stars Replacement chager for older flip phone., January 5, 2015
Same as the one that came with the phone. Works just as well.

Burketek Pocket Wrench II Set
Burketek Pocket Wrench II Set
Price: $19.22

4.0 out of 5 stars Really nice pocket wrench. With a pair of multi-tool pliers you can fix a lot of stuff., January 5, 2015
This review is from: Burketek Pocket Wrench (Sports)
I Love it, however you can't put a large amount of force on the nut, as what is grabbing the nut is one flat side and one bit of the corner on the opposite side. Anyone who has worked with a stubborn nut knows that you can easily round off the corner with a misadjusted wrench and this will happen with this tool. There just isn't that much surface area to grab.

However I have replaced the 6" crescent wrench in my on the road bicycle kit with this tool. I was carrying it for a few 11mm nuts that occasionally loosen on my fenders. And it works great.

I also took the suggestion of someone else and bought a magnetic bit holder and the hex to 1/4" drive adaptor and a couple of "O" rings to hold them in place. Now I have a tool that can be easily adapted for any set up. (I have some metric allen head sockets 3mm and 2mm for some other small bolts holding the rack on that also loosen up over time.)
Comment Comment | Permalink

SKS Grand D.A.D. Dual Adjust Dirtboard Front Bicycle Fender
SKS Grand D.A.D. Dual Adjust Dirtboard Front Bicycle Fender
Price: $31.82
20 used & new from $26.30

5.0 out of 5 stars Best of the Mt Bike front fenders., November 21, 2014
Great for Mountain biking in the Pacific Northwest. Yes it rains here, and so we get mud on the trails, no need to wear it, and that's what this fender does a great job of, keeping the dirt off your front.

Momentum Women's 1M-DV07WA1A M1 Stainless Steel Sport Watch
Momentum Women's 1M-DV07WA1A M1 Stainless Steel Sport Watch

5.0 out of 5 stars Great watch for the active lifestyle, November 21, 2014
Bought as a gift for my wife. Yes the band is small, but it fits her wrist perfectly. Looks better in person than it does in the photo. The only improvement would be a solar charger in the face, but that's the future of all of these electric watches.

Continental Trail King MTB Bicycle Tire (26x2.2, Wire Beaded)
Continental Trail King MTB Bicycle Tire (26x2.2, Wire Beaded)
Offered by Gap30Cycles
Price: $30.92
8 used & new from $26.95

5.0 out of 5 stars Great tires for the Pacific NW trails., November 13, 2014
I bought these to replace a pair of 1.95 street tires that I had gotten for commuting on my Mt bike. These are beefy and seem to roll right over the wet roots and mud that is the state of the trails here in the Northwest in the fall.

Also they "just" fit on the bike in place of those old tires (1.95) by just clearing the top of the V brakes and the frame seat tube. So if you switch to a larger tire be sure to measure.

All in all, am happy with the tires.

Aqua Sphere Kayenne Goggle With Smoke Lens, Clear/Silver, Regular
Aqua Sphere Kayenne Goggle With Smoke Lens, Clear/Silver, Regular
Price: $19.57
31 used & new from $18.31

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Goggles!, August 28, 2014
I bought these to replace my previous season's swim goggles and they worked better than I expected. Usually my goggles get torn off my face when I body surf, or dive in from the dock, not these. The smoke glass is also great if the sun is shinning brightly. They were well worth the extra money, vs the ten dollar pairs I used to buy.

Recommended: Buy!

Surfing Illustrated: A Visual Guide to Wave Riding
Surfing Illustrated: A Visual Guide to Wave Riding
by John Robison
Price: $13.79
55 used & new from $3.75

5.0 out of 5 stars Great first book on surfing., August 28, 2014
I bought this book to read up on "how to surf" before taking a lesson and it was very helpful. However if all you wanted to know was that, you need to skim the first 100 pages and just read the basics. On the otherhand I found those first chapters interesting and when I get my surfing act together I'll go back and study up before buying a board.

Also if you've never surfed, I recommend a lesson first before renting a board and just trying it. You'll be much happier. And if you get this book and practice "pop ups" at home on the carpet you'll be even happier at your first lesson.

Recommended.

Speedo Silicone Swim Cap (Black)
Speedo Silicone Swim Cap (Black)
Price: $8.77
17 used & new from $2.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Basic swim cap., August 28, 2014
This review is from: Speedo Silicone Swim Cap (Sports)
Got it for swimming at the beach and keeping my head from sunburning. Works, easy on and off (no hair on my head to get in the way!) I've only had it for this summer so I can't tell you how long it will last, but it seems as well made as it can be. I might go for a neoprene one next time as the silicon sticks a bit on the head, but hey, it's a swim cap. Never thought I'd need one but with my aging head, I no longer have hair to cover over the skin and it sunburns easily. This cap fixed that.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20