Profile for G. Powell > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 600

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

G. Powell RSS Feed (Seattle, WA USA)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
SKS Grand D.A.D. Dual Adjust Dirtboard Front Bicycle Fender
SKS Grand D.A.D. Dual Adjust Dirtboard Front Bicycle Fender
Price: $31.49
13 used & new from $31.48

5.0 out of 5 stars Best of the Mt Bike front fenders., November 21, 2014
Great for Mountain biking in the Pacific Northwest. Yes it rains here, and so we get mud on the trails, no need to wear it, and that's what this fender does a great job of, keeping the dirt off your front.

Momentum Women's 1M-DV07WA1A M1 Stainless Steel Sport Watch
Momentum Women's 1M-DV07WA1A M1 Stainless Steel Sport Watch
Price: $106.00
3 used & new from $104.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Great watch for the active lifestyle, November 21, 2014
Bought as a gift for my wife. Yes the band is small, but it fits her wrist perfectly. Looks better in person than it does in the photo. The only improvement would be a solar charger in the face, but that's the future of all of these electric watches.

Continental Trail King MTB Bicycle Tire (26x2.2, Wire Beaded)
Continental Trail King MTB Bicycle Tire (26x2.2, Wire Beaded)
Offered by TheBestBikeShop
Price: $30.89
4 used & new from $26.95

5.0 out of 5 stars Great tires for the Pacific NW trails., November 13, 2014
I bought these to replace a pair of 1.95 street tires that I had gotten for commuting on my Mt bike. These are beefy and seem to roll right over the wet roots and mud that is the state of the trails here in the Northwest in the fall.

Also they "just" fit on the bike in place of those old tires (1.95) by just clearing the top of the V brakes and the frame seat tube. So if you switch to a larger tire be sure to measure.

All in all, am happy with the tires.

Aqua Sphere Kayenne Goggle With Smoke Lens, Clear/Silver, Regular
Aqua Sphere Kayenne Goggle With Smoke Lens, Clear/Silver, Regular
Price: $22.03
27 used & new from $10.97

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Goggles!, August 28, 2014
I bought these to replace my previous season's swim goggles and they worked better than I expected. Usually my goggles get torn off my face when I body surf, or dive in from the dock, not these. The smoke glass is also great if the sun is shinning brightly. They were well worth the extra money, vs the ten dollar pairs I used to buy.

Recommended: Buy!

Surfing Illustrated: A Visual Guide to Wave Riding
Surfing Illustrated: A Visual Guide to Wave Riding
by John Robison
Price: $13.51
48 used & new from $8.90

5.0 out of 5 stars Great first book on surfing., August 28, 2014
I bought this book to read up on "how to surf" before taking a lesson and it was very helpful. However if all you wanted to know was that, you need to skim the first 100 pages and just read the basics. On the otherhand I found those first chapters interesting and when I get my surfing act together I'll go back and study up before buying a board.

Also if you've never surfed, I recommend a lesson first before renting a board and just trying it. You'll be much happier. And if you get this book and practice "pop ups" at home on the carpet you'll be even happier at your first lesson.

Recommended.

Speedo Silicone Swim Cap (Black)
Speedo Silicone Swim Cap (Black)
Price: $8.24
12 used & new from $3.25

4.0 out of 5 stars Basic swim cap., August 28, 2014
This review is from: Speedo Silicone Swim Cap (Sports)
Got it for swimming at the beach and keeping my head from sunburning. Works, easy on and off (no hair on my head to get in the way!) I've only had it for this summer so I can't tell you how long it will last, but it seems as well made as it can be. I might go for a neoprene one next time as the silicon sticks a bit on the head, but hey, it's a swim cap. Never thought I'd need one but with my aging head, I no longer have hair to cover over the skin and it sunburns easily. This cap fixed that.

Polaroid PHP110BK 3.5mm Foldable Stereo Headphone with Microphone, Noise Isolation and Detachable Cord, Black
Price: $13.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Decent headphones, for a ressonable cost., August 28, 2014
I bought these to take on a trip to wear on the airplane so I could listen to my phone's music. For that they were "ok", better for me than earbuds but without the expensive noise canceling, the airplane roar wasn't well blocked. But I wanted something that if I left them in the hotel I wouldn't kick myself. For that they work just fine.

Pro: Inexpensive, comfortable, cord is replaceable, reasonably compact
Con: nothing key

Recommended buy for what they are, headphones that don't cost a fortune.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Oct 15, 2014 1:30 PM PDT

Casio Men's MRW-S300H-1BVCF Solar Powered Analog Sport Watch
Casio Men's MRW-S300H-1BVCF Solar Powered Analog Sport Watch
Price: $34.62
11 used & new from $33.34

4.0 out of 5 stars Lightweight knock about watch., August 28, 2014
Bought this watch to wear on the weekend when I'm working on projects and didn't want to mess up my daily watch. I got what I paid for, a watch that won't need a battery, and that I don't care about if it scratched etc. However I probably should have gone for a slightly more expensive watch because I'd like to wear it swimming on a regular basis and this watch while water reisistant doesn't look like it's going to last long in the lake. Oh well, not much lost. 4 stars as I needed 1) a bezel that rotates one direction (should have paid more attention to the description.) 2) screw down crown so that it keeps the water out.

Pros: Analog, solar, inexpensive
Cons: bezel rotates both directions way too easily, not a screw down crown.

Recommendation: meh. Will get something else when it dies.

Adarga Leather Handlebar Tape (Black)
Adarga Leather Handlebar Tape (Black)
Offered by Austin City Cycles
Price: $54.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Really nice handlebar tape, July 28, 2014
This review is from: Adarga Leather Handlebar Tape
Really nice handlebar tape. I've only had it on for a month now but I love it. I also highly recommend that you use silicone tape to finish it vs plain old electric tape. It's non sticky so it won't make a mess when you want to reuse this tape again. I'll post again when it wears out.

Miccus Home RTX: Long Range, Bluetooth Music Transmitter or Receiver (A2DP)
Miccus Home RTX: Long Range, Bluetooth Music Transmitter or Receiver (A2DP)
Price: $49.44
19 used & new from $39.22

3.0 out of 5 stars Didn't work with my Boise Mini speaker. The plan ..., July 28, 2014
Didn't work with my Boise Mini speaker. The plan was to use the RTX as a transmitter from my home stereo to a speaker out in the backyard. But I couldn't get the two of them to pair up. I can use my cell phone(s), ipad (ver 2) to pair with the speaker so I know that if the signal is available it will connect. But without any sort of UI I couldn't tell why the RTX wouldn't pair. So back it went.

I never got around to testing to see if it worked as a receiver from the cell phones/ etc.

So take this review for what it's worth... (hence 3 stars) As maybe I had a defective unit, maybe the two devices have incompatible signals who knows. Your mileage may vary.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20