Profile for A > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 7

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

A RSS Feed (CT)

Canon PowerShot SD790IS 10MP Digital Camera with 3x Optical Image Stabilized Zoom
16 used & new from $48.50

5.0 out of 5 stars Great so far, October 13, 2008
I spent a lot of time researching the canon cameras before making my selection. (I had a canon camera that I loved a few years ago until it stopped turning on... then I switched to a Sony cybershot and was NOT satisfied, so I wanted to go back to Canon). I've had the camera for about a week.. so far it's been taking great pictures. I've been taking the same shot (on auto) with the Sony and the Canon to compare the pictture quality. The Canon has been getting the shots a million times better than the Sony. (Some of the pictures on the Sony just came out either all black or all white).
The Canon has been also doing a great job of using the flash appropriately on auto mode... I also like that it's been taking clear pictures even if the subject is moving.
Some of the pictures I took on high ISO did come out focused but grainy... but I'd rather have a grainy picture than a completely blurred or unrecognizable picture like I had with the Sony!!
It took a couple days to get used to the controls... the turn wheel does take a little bit of time to get used to the sensitivity, but I feel much more comfortable with it now. There are plenty of modes and options in the manual mode if you want control over your pictures.. but I have to say, so far I've been very impressed with the auto setting. The "kids and pets" setting has been also impressive to catch moving subjects without blur!

I was looking for a reliable camera to take good pictures even indoors and with moving subjects... So far so good!!

MTEL French Sample Test 26 Teacher Certification Test Prep Study Guide (XAM MTEL)
by Sharon Wynne
Price: $14.85
25 used & new from $9.89

2.0 out of 5 stars Not worth it, February 13, 2008
I really am skeptical of this book...
There are sooo many typos in this book.. a couple questions don't even have all the answers typed in...
accents are missing..
Also, the first section of the book has a sample test.. and then the next part of the book has explanations for each question of the test --- EXCEPT question 23 (for example) of the sample test is a totally different question from the question they "explain" in the explanation section.
Honestly I don't know how this book was able to be published.
Also, the examples that are from the MTEL website for the French exam don't really have the same format as these questions in this book - so again, I'm not sure how reliable this book is.
The book is probably helpful to review some grammar and culture elements in general, but I'm not sure how helpful it will be to your actual preparation for the test... and you may end up just aggravated with the book like I am.

Knit Convertible Gloves/Mittens -Men's
Knit Convertible Gloves/Mittens -Men's

2.0 out of 5 stars Odd Fit, January 1, 2008
Ordered this as a gift for my boyfriend.. It's a great idea and potentially good product except we had to return it -- the gloves were way too large for the hands, but barely covered wrists... just a very odd fit and would not be practical for daily use. We are going to Keep looking...

Cross Classic Century, Medalist Ballpoint Pen and 0.7mm Pencil Set, Polished Chrome with 23 Karat Gold Plated Appointments (330105)
Price: $47.99
57 used & new from $39.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Gift, January 1, 2008
I ordered this item for my boyfriend as a gift - the set came was delivered in an acceptable time frame.. my boyfriend loved the gift.. writes well and looks nice. I recommend it!

Teaching with Love & Logic: Taking Control of the Classroom
Teaching with Love & Logic: Taking Control of the Classroom
by Jim Fay
Price: $16.86
209 used & new from $5.97

5.0 out of 5 stars LOVE the LOGIC, October 3, 2007
Absolutely amazing book! I cannot say enough about it.
I love when the book asks: at the end of the day, why is it that the students are jumping all over running out of the building while the teachers are sluggishly walking to the cars? The answer: Because the teachers are doing all the thinking and the work in school instead of the students!!
I am fairly new to teaching and I felt completely exhausted at the end of the day, so that concept rang especially true for me. I was absolutely inspired by this book to create more effective relationships with my students which helped them do more responsible thinking instead of me. I have used several of the ideas in this book already, and the results were almost line for line what the book says will happen. The techniques are so quick and easy to implement yet they have such lasting impacts. Now the students are doing the thinking and the analyzing and I am calm, relaxed, and energetic at the end of the day. A+++ for this book. :) :)

Self Matters: Creating Your Life from the Inside Out
Self Matters: Creating Your Life from the Inside Out
by Phillip C. McGraw
Price: $12.74
1028 used & new from $0.01

2.0 out of 5 stars Dissapointing, July 23, 2006
I really enjoyed his "Life Strategies" book - however I found that this book fell short. Too much talk and no action. The majority of the first few chapters are pointless. He tells you how not to read the book, how TO read the book, what he IS going to do, and what he is NOT going to do... but he doesn't actually DO ANYTHING. Dissapointing and frustrating to read.

20-Something, 20-Everything: A Quarter-life Woman's Guide to Balance and Direction
by Christine Hassler
Price: $10.51
162 used & new from $1.42

5.0 out of 5 stars Must Have!, July 23, 2006
As a woman in my 20's, every line of this book was relevant and meaningful for me. (and it made me feel much better knowing that I was not the only person having these feelings!) In a very genuine fashion, Hassler discusses the frustrations, difficulties, and realities that suddenly surface during our 20's. Through exercises and insightful advice, Hassler really forces you to look at situations from a different perspective and to focus on the 3 essential questions: Who am I? What do I want? How do I get it?. After going through those three questions ("the Twenties triangle"), she explores different areas to build a secure foundation (independence, self security, financial security, love, and work) This book constantly leaves you with a true desire to reflect on your past, present, and future... and make appropriate actions to improve. It's difficult to put down because I really felt each paragraph was so incredibly helpful. As a result, I went through it pretty fast the first time - now I'm going to go through it a second time and really go through the exericeses and give myself more time for reflection/action. Absolutely a brilliant book. Perfect gift for you or close friends in the 20's!