Profile for Kym Bashford > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 3

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Kym Bashford RSS Feed

Full Dark, No Stars
Full Dark, No Stars
Offered by Simon and Schuster Digital Sales Inc
Price: $5.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Kindle version--$14.99. The fact there are any versions--priceless., November 13, 2010
Here's my two cents (or my $14.99). These are some of Stephen King's best stories ever, and I've been a fan since I read "Carrie" in Junior High (when is was first published in paperback, kids couldn't afford hardback books back then!). Like most King books, I devoured this one in less than 48 hours. "A Good Marriage" and "Big Driver" are particularly disturbing, maybe because they both have female protaganists whose stories seem very real. Like it or not, Stephen King tells the living s&%# out of a story.

Which brings me the price issue. People are certainly within their rights to bitch about the price of anything-gas,food, education, Ferraris, etc. But for me, fifteen bucks is a small price to pay for something that I really, really enjoy. I spend a lot more on stuff is don't enjoy near as much. I have read and re-read virtually everything King has written. There may come a point in my life when Mr. King dies (morbid, I know, but one of us will go first). Outside of people I actually know, his demise would probably be the only one which would actually leave a personal, lasting void in my life. So I say, live long and prosper, Mr. King. I hope I can give you (or your evil publisher) money for many, many more years.

Oh, and just to make it clear, I will buy the hardback, too. The kindle version is just for convenience.
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Nov 15, 2010 10:17 AM PST

The Wed Plan (Pink): The Ultimate Planner
The Wed Plan (Pink): The Ultimate Planner
by Ana Najera
Edition: Stationery
Price: $15.59

1.0 out of 5 stars Don't waste your money, August 17, 2010
I don't review many products, but this one is so poor, I had to add my two cents. The size is great, but the content is worthless. The pages look like they were cut and pasted in Word. It does not seem like it was professionally edited for design. Not well organized and not functional. I ended up throwing it away.

Kindle Wireless Reading Device, Free 3G, 6" Display, White - 2nd Generation
Kindle Wireless Reading Device, Free 3G, 6" Display, White - 2nd Generation
36 used & new from $80.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Best gadget EVER!! Top Ten Reasons to Buy a Kindle, December 15, 2009
I admit that I love gadgets, but I've never been as in love with any electronic device like I am with this one! I bought it because I'm at the age where holding a giant hardback book (I'm a Stephen King fan-nuff said) can cause neck and arm pain. The Kindle seemed like a nice alternative. I discovered that it is so much more. I know there are a million reviews, so I'll give my five stars and my top ten reasons to buy this product.

10. Affordable purchase price
9. Huge selection of books, inluding free ones
8. Dictionary-you'll use it more than you ever thought
7. Incredibly long battery life
6. Perfect size and weight (doesn't feel flimsy)
5. Ability to download personal documents
4. Web browser-this comes in very handy
3. Great Amazon customer service
2. Perfect for traveling
1. Fun and good looking-who could ask for more?