Profile for Gregg Psky > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 20

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Gregg Psky RSS Feed (Santa Cruz County, CA United States)

Page: 1 | 2
Rosallini 80mm Diameter 15X Optical Lens Rosewood Handle Gold Tone Magnifying Glass
Offered by eKingstore
Price: $5.10
13 used & new from $5.00

2.0 out of 5 stars Cheap, Cheap Cheap!, August 2, 2014
This is as cheap as it gets but it works. I opened the box and it fell out in three pieces. The glass fell onto concrete and a chip was taken out of the edge. I glued both the glass and the holding ring back on. This is as bad as something from China can be.

I did give it two stars because I have a beehive and I want to examine the mite board and be able to count the mites. The glass magnifying lens works fine for that. But I still think I overpaid for how cheaply it is made.

I truly do not understand how someone could think it deserves five stars. Gold colored plastic frame which doesn't fit right or tight and the beautiful rosewood handle is also plastic.

Rancho de Chimayo Cookbook: The Traditional Cooking Of New Mexico
Rancho de Chimayo Cookbook: The Traditional Cooking Of New Mexico
by Cheryl Jamison
Price: $18.03
37 used & new from $15.09

2.0 out of 5 stars I was very dissapointed with this purchase., May 9, 2014
First I should say, if you are a beginning cook this book should be fine. It should also be fine if you are new to Mexican or New Mexican cooking. I've been cooking for awhile and I find the book very simple and in some cases the recipes are just plain odd.

I was expecting a book that would reveal some of the culinary secrets of Rancho de Chimayo. I do not see any secrets here. Let me give you some examples.

Oven-Roasted Young Goat recipe. The recipe calls for roasting a headless 25 pound young goat in the oven. There is a rub and BBQ sauce.

There are two separate red chile sauce recipes. They are nearly exactly the same except one uses ground beef and the other doesn't. Ditto the green chile recipe.

Pork tamales? Nothing special here. Cheese enchiladas?

There is a Green Chile Cheeseburger recipe. I bet you already know how to do that. Mix salt and pepper with the ground beef, grill and put the chile and cheese on top.

One recipe calls for splitting an avocado in half and filling it with a pretty normal shrimp or chicken salad. Fruit salad with yogurt? Roasting a green chile? Chile con Queso... velvetta, chopped green chile and chopped tomatoes... mix.

This book is very simple and if you already know Mexican cooking you won't find anything new here. I'm sorry I bought it.

Black Motorcycle Snowmobile ATV Microfiber Helmet Storage Bag Fits All Size Helmets
Offered by Adventure Five
Price: $9.56

5.0 out of 5 stars Also makes a great camera cover!, February 9, 2014
I live in a pretty dusty place. There are many farm fields where I live. I also always have my camera out and available, which gathers dust. I was looking for something I could stick my three cameras with lenses into. This is it. I can also leave my camera on the tripod and cover it with this bag. I'm still waiting for one more bag to become available. Then I'll have three.

This is not just for a helmet storage bag. It is great for other things as well, like a camera cover.

Twelve (12) Black Microfiber Cleaning and Storage Pouch / Sack / Cases for Sunglasses and Eyeglasses
Offered by 106Shades
Price: $4.98
7 used & new from $0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars Size is exactly as described., January 29, 2014
I was worried concerning the negative reviews where the product arrived much larger than was described. I could only use these pouches if they were 6.75 x 3.5. That is what was sent. So I am happy.

Frogg Toggs Packable Adult Poncho - Green
Frogg Toggs Packable Adult Poncho - Green
Offered by ToyBurg
Price: $18.79
2 used & new from $17.76

5.0 out of 5 stars Not your normal plastic rain poncho., January 19, 2014
I like the fabric on this poncho It doesn't crackle like plastic because it is made of a soft-feeling polypropylene material. It is very light in weight and comfortable. Easy to pack although the stuff sack is only useful until you take the poncho out and use it. So, I think they could have provide a larger stuff sack.

Think Tank Retrospective 50 Shoulder Bag, Pinestone Cotton Canvas
Think Tank Retrospective 50 Shoulder Bag, Pinestone Cotton Canvas
Offered by Roberts LP
Price: $249.75
19 used & new from $239.90

5.0 out of 5 stars This is a very good gear bag., January 19, 2014
I have normally used a backpack to carry my photo gear which has worked fine on most of my trips but recently I've begun to frequently change lenses and a backpack is no way to live if you do that.

This is a beautiful bag. The fabric is tough and substantial and it should not be prone to showing dirt or wear and tear. I ordered the 50 which is less than 2 inches longer than the 40. It does not seem that big, especially if you carry a lot of gear. Initially I thought more compartments would be nicer but as I use this bag it now seems about perfect. It caries my tablet (or a laptop) in its own well padded compartment, holds 3 large lenses (my Canon 300L fits fine) or more smaller lenses. It has the usual Velcro adjustable dividers which comes configured for 3 large lenses plus additional dividers to allow stacking smaller lenses. There has definitely been much thought put into how "simply" a good camera bag should work. The bag looks like a normal messenger bag and it won't make you stand out as a photo geek.

Now I have had very many shoulder bags in my life. I'm passing 63 this year. The shoulder strap doesn't slip, it just doesn't, and that is a pleasure. The product description implies it doesn't but I've heard that before. Trust me, it doesn't slip. The bag is designed so that the top flap is secured with Velcro like fasteners but it has something I've never seen in other bags. When you do not need the top flap securely fixed you can cover the Velcro with a built in fabric mechanism to cover them. Eliminating the noise and effort of opening and closing the bag especially when you need to do it frequently.

If by chance everything doesn't fit there are two straps, one on each end where you can hang other things like a water bottle bag or an extra lens pouch. I can't say enough on how well thought out and designed this bag is. Even if you do not have so much photo gear it is still perfect as an airline carry-on that should fit nicely under the seat. If you don't need the 50 you do probably need one of the smaller sizes. I couldn't find anything at all wrong about this bag.

Ryobi Lawn and Leaf Bag
Ryobi Lawn and Leaf Bag
Offered by TheCountryButler
Price: $34.89
2 used & new from $34.89

2.0 out of 5 stars Beware of UV damage, September 29, 2013
This review is from: Ryobi Lawn and Leaf Bag
I've had this bag for 4 years or so and at times it has been left out in the sunshine for extended periods. Don't do that because the materials have not been UV stabilized. The first thing that goes is all of the straps; they just fall off. Now the wire hoops are coming free of the fabric as the fabric dissolves. I could have treated the bag better but a garden appurtenance used for working outside should have been UV stabilized. I did get my use out of this object but now that I need a new one it will not be a Ryobi.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Apr 24, 2014 2:33 AM PDT

Mauviel M'Passion 2193.36 11-Quart Copper Jam Pan with Bronze Handles
Mauviel M'Passion 2193.36 11-Quart Copper Jam Pan with Bronze Handles
Price: $237.99
10 used & new from $237.99

5.0 out of 5 stars The best utensil for making jam., July 17, 2013
Beautiful, heavy duty copper jam pan. I'm not sure that there is anything better. Eleven quarts is the right size. It conducts heat so that there are no hot spots and it has flared sides to better evaporate moisture. Perfect.

If you think that this is too expensive think again. It makes jam making so much easier.

Lodge Manufacturing SCRAPERGPK Grill Pan Scraper, 2-Pack
Lodge Manufacturing SCRAPERGPK Grill Pan Scraper, 2-Pack
Price: $4.43
11 used & new from $3.22

1.0 out of 5 stars Does not fit my Lodge grill pan!, July 16, 2013
I have a Lodge Logic LPGI3 Pro Grid Cast Iron Grill/Griddle. This grill pan is the larger one, 20 x 10.5. I never even looked at the negative reviews. It never occurred to me that Lodge would sell a grill pan scrapper that did not fit some of their grill pans, but they do. I cannot say if there are other Lodge grill pans that this product does not fit.

It seems to me that since both scrappers are identical they could have replaced one with a different tooth spacing or added a third. These can't be that expensive considering I'm returning it.Lodge SCRAPERGPK Grill Pan Scraper, 2-Pack
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jan 22, 2014 7:10 PM PST

Pendleton Men's Lounge Robe, Red, Large
Pendleton Men's Lounge Robe, Red, Large

1.0 out of 5 stars Cheap, Cheap, Cheap. Pendleton doesn't mean quality anymore., March 20, 2013
Three months after I purchased this robe the seams are ripping. I would have expected this if I lived in the robe but I don't. In comparison, my last robe which was not a Pendelton, cost less and lasted eight years. I do have a Pendleton shirt that must be 15 years old. My guess is that they don't make them like they use to.

Page: 1 | 2