Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Songs of Summer Fire TV Stick Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis Segway miniPro STEM
Profile for A. King > Reviews

Browse

A. King's Profile

Customer Reviews: 7

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

A. King RSS Feed

SENTRY Calming Collar for Cats , 3 Pack
SENTRY Calming Collar for Cats , 3 Pack
Price: $13.96
59 used & new from $11.99

1.0 out of 5 stars Caused a rash, February 13, 2016
I put one of these collars on 5 year old indoor cat. I didn't notice a change in her behavior. However, later on I had my cat on my lap for about 10 minutes, and I developed a red, itchy rash on my arm where my cat was laying her head. I immediately took the collar off of my cat. The rash cleared up by the next day.

Knight Pet Fish with Feather Green Toy with Catnip, 5-1/2-Inch
Knight Pet Fish with Feather Green Toy with Catnip, 5-1/2-Inch
Price: $7.08

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, July 20, 2015
This was my cats favorite toy!

Fellowes Powershred W11C, 11-Sheet Cross-cut Paper and Credit Card Shredder with Safety Lock  (3103201)
Fellowes Powershred W11C, 11-Sheet Cross-cut Paper and Credit Card Shredder with Safety Lock (3103201)
Price: $67.47
124 used & new from $43.50

4.0 out of 5 stars Four Stars, July 20, 2015
It shreds nicely, but the whole thing is very top-heavy.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jul 21, 2015 9:54 AM PDT

Coaster Coat Rack-Black
Coaster Coat Rack-Black
Offered by eHomeProducts
Price: $2.51
21 used & new from $2.51

2.0 out of 5 stars Two Stars, July 20, 2015
This review is from: Coaster Coat Rack-Black (Kitchen)
This is very cheaply made. It serves it's purpose, but you get what you pay for.

Shubunkin Goldfish Paperweight (2.9x1.6x1")
Shubunkin Goldfish Paperweight (2.9x1.6x1")
Price: $10.99

1.0 out of 5 stars One Star, July 20, 2015
My fish looked nothing like picture. It appeared discolored, and it clearly had a dead look about it.

Yellow WonderTM Alpine Strawberry - 8 Plants - Fragaria - Everbearing
Yellow WonderTM Alpine Strawberry - 8 Plants - Fragaria - Everbearing

1.0 out of 5 stars One Star, July 20, 2015
The plants grew, but the fruit was very small and not worth picking.

Projective Geometry
Projective Geometry
by Lawrence Edwards
Price: $29.18
38 used & new from $16.65

4.0 out of 5 stars A Different Kind of Math Book, May 26, 2010
This review is from: Projective Geometry (Paperback)
I was first introduced to Projective Geometry by Lawrence Edwards in an upper level undergraduate Projective Geometry course, and I believe that this book is not like any other math text book that I ever had in my undergraduate career. This may sound strange, but I felt as if this book read more like a novel. Its chapters often include some very philosophical (almost poetic) statements, and new concepts are introduced via constructions. I believe you could call this a synthetic approach to the subject. This made learning and re-leaning projective geometry easier. After I finished the course I would occasionally pick the book up the book, grab a pencil and paper, or (better yet) use The Geometer's Sketchpad and continue on with the book. Yet later on, I preferred having a more direct and concise book (such as the one by H.S.M. Coxeter) text to refer back to.
Edwards states in his Foreword that much of the material beyond chapter 13 doesn't appear in this same form anywhere else in English. One of the subjects discussed in chapter 13 and beyond is Von Staudt's theory of the imaginary. I actually did a research project on this topic, and I must agree with Edwards. Many of the projective geometry books that I have read only go far enough to briefly mention that elliptic involutions determine imaginary points. However there are a couple books out there that devote their last chapter to each author's own development of the imaginary. Otherwise, the information comes from scattered articles or foreign language (mostly German) texts. There is one book that I found, J.L.S. Hatton's The Theory of The Imaginary in Geometry: Together with the Trigonometry of the Imaginary that is wholly devoted to the theory of the imaginary. However, Hatton's work is (in my opinion) very dense, and it also includes analytical approaches as well.
Furthermore, if you briefly look over the table of contents you will probably find other topics that are not typically presented in other projective geometry books (such as path curves), but the only topics I really searched for dealt with the imaginary.
I truly learned a great deal from this book, having read it both for school work and for fun. However, like I mentioned above, I found it sometimes useful to have another book on the subject to refer to at times. Also some of the terms that Edwards uses (e.g. "breathing involution") may actually be his own creation (I'm not sure), and this made cross-referencing the book with other projective geometry texts a little harder. Lastly, I should mention that when I had this book in class my teacher pointed out errors in it, but there were only one or two of them.
The Theory Of The Imaginary In Geometry: Together With The Trigonometry Of The Imaginary (1920)Projective GeometryThe Geometer's Sketchpad: Dynamic Geometry Software for Exploring Mathematics