Industrial-Sized Deals Best Books of the Month Shop Women's Handbags Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon Andra Day Storm Fire TV Stick Subscribe & Save Find the Best Purina Pro Plan for Your Pet Shop Popular Services Home Theater Setup Plumbing Services Assembly Services Shop all tmnt tmnt tmnt  Amazon Echo Fire HD 6 Kindle Voyage The Walking Dead\ Shop Back to School with Amazon Back to School with Amazon Outdoor Recreation Deal of the Day
Profile for Stuart Kerr > Reviews

Browse

Stuart Kerr's Profile

Customer Reviews: 90

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Stuart Kerr RSS Feed (NY, NY)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9
For iphone 6 Black 3500mAh External Battery 4.7" Case Charger Portable Charger Battery Back Up Power Bank Rechargeable Power Case with Stand 4.7inch for iphone 6
Offered by YHhao
Price: $10.75
38 used & new from $3.88

5.0 out of 5 stars there is no better deal for the Iphone 6, August 19, 2015
For the price, there is no better deal for the Iphone 6. Period.

Mount-It! MI-1210 Universal High-Quality Floor-Standing, Height Adjustable, Home Theater 5.1 Channel Surround Sound System Satellite Speaker Stands Mounts, Rear and Front, One Pair, 10 lb Capacity, Black
Offered by Value Max
Price: $24.99
6 used & new from $21.87

5.0 out of 5 stars These worked like a champ for my Vizo rear speakers, August 19, 2015
These worked like a champ for my Vizo rear speakers. They were balanced on the sofa and kept falling over. Frankly,i shoudl have purchased these earlier. It's true that the cord doesn't quite fit through the back due to the size of the opening. Overall, that's just not a big deal for me. They sound better held at the right height. The rest of it is just nonsense that didn't really matter.

Phiten - Titanium Discs 70 Ct
Phiten - Titanium Discs 70 Ct
Offered by Nature Complex
Price: $10.25
2 used & new from $10.25

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, August 19, 2015
My wife uses these constantly and swears by them.

LifeClothUNIT Set of 4 Beach Towel Clips in Fun Bright Colors - Jumbo Size(5") - Keep Your Towel From Blowing Away,Clothes Lines
Offered by MYLIFEUNIT
Price: $8.99
2 used & new from $8.99

Jaybird X2 Sport Wireless Bluetooth Headphones - Midnight Black
Jaybird X2 Sport Wireless Bluetooth Headphones - Midnight Black
Price: $179.99

4.0 out of 5 stars A decent uptick over Bluebuds X in fit. Worth the price. I wish they sounded a bit better., August 19, 2015
Okay, so I was a big proponent of the original Jaybird BlueBud X's and have had them and used them for several years. Recently, the battery went on them. But, true to form, the Jaybirds gang were excellent at customer service. They looked up my original purchase and offered to swap for a new pair. I give them big points for this. So, while in the middle of that transaction, low and behold the new X2's were released. While i wish they had upgraded me for free, I did have a pay for the new ones. They just arrived today.

I'm a runner and I have forever been looking for the best headphones to run with. Over the years, i've probably purchased 30 different types from high end Sure 535s at $550 all the way down to $5 specials. For the most part the Bluebuds have been great at dealing with sweat and moisture.

Here's a quick recap and comparison of the old and new ones. A bunch of reviewers have come out with new thoughts on them so I'll leave the long form to them.

Pro's:
The biggest pro i can tell you right out of the gate is that Jaybird nailed the fit this time. The original Bluebuds were decent but i couldn't ever get the best combination that caused the earphones to stay in effectively when I ran. Call it a fat guy with sweaty ears but they just wouldn't stay. These new X2's already fit better. You can feel them "lock in" with a great firmness that says that they are not going anywhere. The new ones come with comply tips (a MUST have if you want good signals and clean bass). The old ones did not. They also changed the design of the secure fit ear pieces and they just feel better this time around. On the last pair, I ended up giving up on the enclosed ear pieces and getting the decibulz so that they would mold to my ear and stay in.

They also have the same clips that keep the wire secure around your neck. That is a key feature as other headphones shake, rattle and roll and you can hear it in the movement. Plus if they are not secure, they flop and around and eventually pull out of your ears.

As to colors, they are cool. I'm a traditional guy so I went with the Black. I like them better than the old Bluebuds which were also black (what can I say? It goes with everything... :).

Cons:
The new case is bigger. I'm not sure that is a great thing as portability is a big thing for me. To be honest, this not a big deal for me as I likely will carry them in a small running case anyway.

So why are they a 4 star vs. 5 star? Two reasons: first is that they never quite got loud enough for me on the first go around. I was hoping that that these would get louder (sometimes you just need that extra juice to get you pumped up to get over that hill in a workout). These are solid but they don't get quite loud enough for me. The second reason is that the sound stage while clean is a bit tinny for my taste. I am by NO means a bass head but that doesn't mean I want a less than pristine and full sound stage when I'm listening. I'm listening to them tied to an iPhone 6 running Spotify with the streaming quality cranked up to excellent so it should be very full 320 bit sound. In that mode, these sound 'very good'. It's 4 star because I was hoping they would be excellent. At that point, they would be game over. They just didn't blow me away as much as I would have hoped they might. This too i had hoped that they would enhance in the X2 and I was a little disappointed to hear that they sounded pretty similar to the Bluebuds X.

So overall verdict? If you want a set of bluetooth headphones to work out with, these are it. Hands down. As long as you can deal with them not being quite loud enough or sounding like a $300 pair of earphones (and in fairness they are bluetooth so it's hard to get sreiously high fidelity out of that technology) than they are great buy.

Lightning Cable, Apple Certified, iOrange-E™ USB Data Sync Cable 6 ft (2M) with LED Status Indicator for iPhone 6 6 Plus 5s 5c 5, iPad Air iPad Mini 2, iPad 4th Gen and iPod Nano 7th Gen, Black

5.0 out of 5 stars Smart cable. Well Executed., August 4, 2015
slick, effective and works as advertised. I'm impressed. Worked great on two iphone 6's and and ipad air.

Thenice Sports Snorkeling Mask Surface Snorkel Scuba Set (Blue, L/XL)
Thenice Sports Snorkeling Mask Surface Snorkel Scuba Set (Blue, L/XL)

3.0 out of 5 stars Good concept that needs work, July 31, 2015
Length:: 2:32 Mins

I love the idea that this represents. I just find it very difficult to breath through it. It took a fair amount of effort to do so.

EASYBREATH Innovation Snorkelling Mask (Blue, L/XL)
EASYBREATH Innovation Snorkelling Mask (Blue, L/XL)
Offered by Amazing!
Price: $159.99
6 used & new from $79.99

3.0 out of 5 stars It has potential but still needs some work., July 31, 2015
Length:: 2:32 Mins

Tribord Easybreath - Snorkeling Mask  (L/XL)
Tribord Easybreath - Snorkeling Mask (L/XL)
Offered by Borderless Mall
Price: $110.15
12 used & new from $91.34

3.0 out of 5 stars Good concept that needs work, July 31, 2015
Length:: 2:32 Mins

Here's a quick sense of what it's like to actually use this. I found it fairly comfortable to wear but frankly tough to breathe through.
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Aug 12, 2015 8:14 AM PDT

Binkada Business Man's Fashion Leather Band Black Dial Waterproof Automatic Mechanical 6 Pointer Watch

3.0 out of 5 stars It's not quite as nice as the picture, June 23, 2015
It's okay. It's not quite as nice as the picture. The face appears more aluminum than steel and it's all shiny. It looks cheaper in person than it appears in this picture. Still not awful for the money but not what i had hoped it would be.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9