Profile for Mama > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 50

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Mama RSS Feed (Lakeville, MA, USA)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5
Pink Ballerina Princess Costume Tutu Party Dressup 2/4
Pink Ballerina Princess Costume Tutu Party Dressup 2/4

5.0 out of 5 stars Very nice for the price, January 7, 2010
A darling outfit. The size was perfect for my 2 1/2 year-old daughter (she's a size 3) and the body fabric is not scratchy like many other outfits. The garment requires hand washing, but I have already washed several times and it is very easy; even food stains and markers game right out with a simple swish in the sink. My daughter loves it because she can pull it on herself and has no zippers or closures. A very good deal for any little ballerina.

Kids Show Kids How to Make Balloon Animals
Kids Show Kids How to Make Balloon Animals
by Emily Chauffe
Edition: Perfect Paperback
Price: $9.04
40 used & new from $5.04

3.0 out of 5 stars Nice in concept but not many designs, January 7, 2010
The color photographs are very nice to demonstrate the step-by-step instructions. In fact, I wished many more balloon books used color photos instead of drawings. However, there are not very many designs. The dog, elephant and giraffes are all variations of the same design, so I wish there were a few more designs included to make this worth the $10 price tag.

Pengoloo
Pengoloo
Price: $20.63
65 used & new from $11.46

5.0 out of 5 stars Fun for all ages. REALLY!, January 7, 2010
This review is from: Pengoloo (Toy)
What a great game. The game is so easy to understand--my 2 1/2 year-old daughter as well as my 10 year-old niece and adults-- love this game. The game is part chance (rolling of die) and part memory (to remember which penguin hides which eggs). Very fun, sturdy and adorable.

My Very Own House Cottage
My Very Own House Cottage
Offered by 88 Market Street
Price: $42.99
11 used & new from $31.49

4.0 out of 5 stars Read size specs!, December 29, 2009
This review is from: My Very Own House Cottage (Toy)
We purchased this for our daughter for Christmas. It's a very fun, affordable house (got free shipping through Target), but beware of the size. The box in which it was delivered was fairy small, but when we set it up, it was larger than the plastic playhouse we have outside!! The kids love coloring it and peeking out the windows and doors. Since it is cardboard, I don't expect it to last forever, but when it's ready to go, we can recycle it!

Melissa & Doug Bake and Decorate Cupcake Set
Melissa & Doug Bake and Decorate Cupcake Set
Price: $15.69
117 used & new from $9.00

2.0 out of 5 stars Just 'eh'-- markers are a mess, December 27, 2009
= Durability:2.0 out of 5 stars  = Fun:4.0 out of 5 stars  = Educational:2.0 out of 5 stars
I LOVE Melissa and Doug toys. We have so many of the food sets that I can't even count them anymore. So I was excited for these; the concept is cute, but the markers make this a toy I have to supervise. Another reviewer pointed out that the markers only wipe off the plastic frosting, not the wooden cupcake bottoms. We discovered that as well. And if a cupcake is left decorated for a few hours, even the plastic is nearly impossible to get clean. I have already scrubbed the markers off more times than I care to, and the tops are stained. I hope the kids forget about the markers and just play with the rest of the set.

Quartet Cork Panel Bulletin Board, Natural Cork, 12 x 12 Inches, Natural, 4 Panels per Pack (101 )
Price: $13.97
27 used & new from $8.95

1.0 out of 5 stars TERRIBLE-- Thin, cheap and does not stick to wall, November 18, 2009
I bought two 4-packs of these at Walmart to line a wall. By the following morning, ALL BUT ONE panel was ON THE GROUND. The adhesive tabs that come in these packages do stick to the wall, but not the crumbly cork board surface, so you are left with fallen panels (broken or cracked from hitting the ground) and adhesive squares stuck to the walls... and I mean STUCK. If I was going to rehang the cork (which I can't because all but two boards are now broken), I'd use some other type of adhesive to adhere to the wall. Oh, and note that these are quite thin, so you can't use regular push pins or you will go right into the wall. While these were relatively expensive, they are still a complete waste of $$.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Mar 1, 2013 6:58 AM PST

Wilton Halloween Food Writer 2 Pack
Wilton Halloween Food Writer 2 Pack
Offered by TCP Global Corp
Price: $5.76
2 used & new from $5.76

1.0 out of 5 stars Don't work!, October 30, 2009
I bought these to decorate treats for Halloween. First, I tried to use the black marker to make dots on jelly beans (for mummy eyes)-- the marker just beads up and wipes off. Next, I tried to use them to decorate the tops of chocolate-dipped cookies. Nothing. I'm not exactly sure what these "food writers" are meant for. Bagels?

Space Module Tent
Space Module Tent
Price: $40.73
24 used & new from $34.22

5.0 out of 5 stars Out-of-this-world Play Tent, September 29, 2009
This review is from: Space Module Tent (Toy)
My son received this as a gift for his second Christmas since his bedroom was done in an outer pace theme. It has been set up in the playroom ever since (3 years later). My son and daughter LOVE to play inside, pretending to fly to other planets or making believe they are camping in the forest. There are lots of doors to get in and out and the mesh top keeps it from being too dark or closed in. We even have a few play tunnels that fit into the side openings, creating a space station. The bottom is a vinyl/tarp-like material, so I assume it could be used outside, but we've always kept it indoors (we added a large floor cushion and some pillows for comfort). It is very easy to set up (just like a pop up tent), light and very durable. I would highly recommend.

Little Tikes Cambridge Cottage
Little Tikes Cambridge Cottage

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect choice for toddlers, June 29, 2009
We purchased this for our 1.5 and 3.5 year-old kids. It has a nice tall design, so kids can stand up comfortably. It's not huge on the inside, but we found it's perfect for having in the house during the winter (a surprise in our living room Christmas morning!) and then moving outside. The kids love the back door hidden in the fireplace wall, many windows, molded sink and fold-down chair. I read other comments on how the inside is rather plain and not a lot of stickers, but I prefer this style as stickers end up faded and peeling off anyway. We have found this to be a lovely, affordable playhouse. Enjoy.

DJ Mixer Play Set
DJ Mixer Play Set

4.0 out of 5 stars Hilarious, fun toy for your little DJ, June 22, 2009
This review is from: DJ Mixer Play Set (Toy)
This was a gift for my 2 year-old daughter; my 4 year-old son, his friends and older cousins all enjoy playing with this. The mixer has several settings for making music-- different rhythms for the sound base, tempo and volume (thank goodness!) controls and turntables on both sides that the kids can use to scratch tunes. A blast!

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5