Profile for Edward H. Wilkie > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 32

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Edward H. Wilkie RSS Feed

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4
Komelon 6633 Open Reel Fiberglass Tape Measure, 300-Feet
Komelon 6633 Open Reel Fiberglass Tape Measure, 300-Feet
Price: $30.23
12 used & new from $27.23

5.0 out of 5 stars It's a tape measure------what can I say, June 25, 2014
I had nee for a tape measure that was longer than my 100 footer. I ordered this one, and it worked just fine for my application. The big plus is that it is marked in feet and inches AND engineers scale on the back. It is durable and rolls back up quickly. I don't have a daily industrial need for one of these, so the build quality of this one will last me a long time, and the price was right.

PL-259 UHF Male Crimp Connector - BAG of 6 - for RG8X - Belden 9258 - CommScope WBC240 - Times LMR-240 LMR240 - Andrew CNT240 - Remee 1600 - RG-8x - Mini8 Coax

5.0 out of 5 stars Quick and easy, June 25, 2014
I have used solder connectors for over 50 years, and they can be difficult and time consuming when you have a large quantity to fabricate. Over the past few years, I have become a believer in using crimp style coax connectors. You must use the correct stripper and crimper to make a good, solid electrical connection. But once done, you will have a connection that is every bit as strong and reliable as a soldered one. The nickel plated ones are good for indoor use, but I recommend the silver plated ones for use outside, and suggest you properly seal them for long and trouble-free service.

Pawtec Slim External USB 3.0 Aluminum 6X 3D Blu-Ray Combo Drive (Silver)
Pawtec Slim External USB 3.0 Aluminum 6X 3D Blu-Ray Combo Drive (Silver)
Offered by Pawtec
Price: $89.99

2.0 out of 5 stars Unit had intermittent issue with USB 3.0 connector, June 25, 2014
I have many friends that own this drive, and are quite happy with it. The one I received had a problem with the USB 3.0 jack on the drive. The drive would drop out during an operation. I was able to flex the cable at the connector to get it to come and go, and tried a different cable with the same result.

It was accepted back without question and fully refunded. I ended up ordering an internal drive for my laptop to minimize cable hookups and make use easier. I would have no problem trying another drive from Pawtec, and realize that from time to time, a defective unit will escape the factory. This condition was intermittent and could easily pass through QC.

The drive appeared to be well designed, and did work fine until the connector failed. Don't let my experience have a negative impact on your choosing this product. I'm sure it was just a fluke. Oh.......wait.....Fluke makes test equipment,.....never mind.

24 Season 1 [HD]
24 Season 1 [HD]
Price: $29.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Who Gnu?, June 21, 2014
This series has been on for years, and we just now decided to watch it. We are just about finished with the first season, and can't wait to see how this shakes out. We thought we would watch one a day, but got into it so much, we would watch several episodes, one after the other. The cast is excellent, and the story line, with a few exceptions, is very believable.

Foreign Deceit (David Wolf Book 1)
Foreign Deceit (David Wolf Book 1)
Price: $0.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Good Read, June 21, 2014
I downloaded this as a freebee, and it was just the kind of book I enjoy. When I finished it, I had to get book two to see how Wolf was going to handle all the challenges thrown at him. He is a very likable character, and the villains are exactly the type you love to hate. If you like a book with mystery and intrigue, set in a small town, this is for you. You won't be disappointed, and the price is right.

Cable Matters SuperSpeed USB 3.0/2.0 to HDMI/DVI Adapter for Windows and Mac up to 2560x1440 in Black
Offered by Cable Matters
Price: $47.99
8 used & new from $44.63

4.0 out of 5 stars Neat little device., September 20, 2013
I bought this to stream video to the tv. On a 2.0 USB port it is a little unstable, but on a full 3.0 port, it works pretty well. It's not the perfect answer for a USB to HDMI converter, but you get a lot of bang for the buck. I don't think USB 3.0 can really keep up with 1080 HD video anyway, but it does come close.

San Francisco Bay OneCup, Fog Chaser, 80 Single Serve Coffees
San Francisco Bay OneCup, Fog Chaser, 80 Single Serve Coffees
Price: $35.53
40 used & new from $35.53

5.0 out of 5 stars I like it, August 29, 2013
If you need a stout brew 1st thing in the morning, this is just what you've been looking for, and the price is right, too.

San Francisco Bay OneCup, Breakfast Blend, 80 Single Serve Coffees
San Francisco Bay OneCup, Breakfast Blend, 80 Single Serve Coffees
Price: $29.00
23 used & new from $28.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Good stuff, August 29, 2013
A great taste and a good buy. This is usually my choice for the first cup of the day, then I move on to a stronger brew. San Francisco Bay is the best taste for the buck I've found, so far. Try it, you won't be sorry.

DEWALT Bare-Tool DC385B  18-Volt Cordless Reciprocating Saw
DEWALT Bare-Tool DC385B 18-Volt Cordless Reciprocating Saw
Price: $99.00
17 used & new from $59.98

5.0 out of 5 stars Another must have, August 29, 2013
I use these types of saws a lot for demo work. Usually, power isn't a problem. However, many times I have needed one for a quick job, and didn't want to run an extension cord or spark up the generator, so I bought one of these. It is amazing how much cutting power it has. It is just about as powerful as my corded unit, but much handier. I still use the corded on for long involved demo work, but when I just need to make a few quick cuts or when getting to shore power would be a hassle, I just grab this and get the job done. I have quite a collection of cordless tools, and I have stayed with the Dewalt 18 volt line so I don't have to have a bunch of different batteries and chargers.

Wagner 0525032 Power Painter Max with EZ Tilt 7.2 GPH
Wagner 0525032 Power Painter Max with EZ Tilt 7.2 GPH
Price: $129.00
18 used & new from $75.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Pretty neat little sprayer, August 29, 2013
I bought this to spray water seal on my trailers, decks, and to do small paint jobs that weren't worth getting out the airless or HVLP sprayer for. I have another that I've had for over 20 years and it's still working, but my son borrowed it, and, well, you know how that goes. I have also used this for painting trim, and it does pretty well, you just have to mind the overspray. These are a little noisy when running, but so are all of these types of sprayers. I would suggest a little hear protection if you plan on using the sprayer for very long. The hearing protection will also protect from hearing your wife say, "you missed a spot". If you buy one of these, I highly recommend you buy a spare set of the yellow and red atomizer valves. They will save you a lot of time when you need to replace one, and you won't need to stop painting and run to the hardware store.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4